- This article is about the character in the pilot episode. For other similar uses, see Zuko (disambiguation).
| I am a 400 foot tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings.
The following information is not considered to be part of the main continuity.
|"I want the Avatar."|
|More about Zuko|
|Zuko's main article|
| Book One: Water (83 AG - 100 AG) |
Book Two: Earth (Spring 100 AG)
Book Three: Fire (Summer 100 AG)
|Zuko in the films |
Zuko in the games
Zuko in The Last Airbender video game
Zuko in the pilot episode
Zuko, aboard his ship, was in pursuit of Aang, Kya, and Sokka, when a sea serpent took interest in his ship, allowing the trio to escape the scene. His accompanying soldiers either fled or fainted, but Zuko calmly prepared to face the creature.
Zuko later entered the Fire Nation base with the head of the sea serpent, having successfully defeated it. He interrogated Sokka, who had been captured, but only received insults such as "scar boy". Kya was soon brought to him as well, but refused to reveal Aang's whereabouts. When Aang appeared, Zuko immediately attacked him. Ignoring a warning from a soldier that the scaffolding on which they stood could collapse, Zuko proceeded to battle Aang. When it eventually collapsed, they moved to the defaced Avatar's head. There, Zuko managed to corner him, but was caught off guard when Aang threw himself off the statue to activate the Avatar State and subsequently blew him off. Aang caught Zuko before he hit the ground, but subsequently let go of him when he saw Kya and Sokka in trouble, causing Zuko to hit a wall face first before he landed on his pet hawk.
Similarities to real series
- Zuko was saved from falling to his certain death by Aang; Aang performed a similar action twice in the actual series.
- Zuko possessed a pet hawk, who was supposed to be Momo's "arch-nemesis", mirroring Aang and Zuko's relationship. Though Zuko's hawk did not make it into the actual series, Hawky the messenger hawk was created from the concept and fought with Momo.
- Zuko kills the serpent that later appears in "The Serpent's Pass".
- Iroh was neither seen nor mentioned, indicating that his character and his considerable influence on Zuko had not been conceived as of yet.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Filoni, Dave (director). (Unaired). "Unaired pilot". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Filoni, Dave (director). (June 17, 2005). "The Blue Spirit". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1. Episode 13. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & Filoni, Dave (director). (December 2, 2005). "The Siege of the North, Part 2". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1. Episode 20. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Hamilton, Joshua (writer) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (November 2, 2007). "The Runaway". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 7. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Hamilton, Joshua (writers) & Spaulding, Ethan (director). (September 15, 2006). "The Serpent's Pass". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 12. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Throughout Avatar: The Last Airbender.