Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the spirit from The Search. For other similar uses, see Wolf (disambiguation).
Eighteen years later, when Team Avatar was traveling to Hira'a in search of information about Ursa, Aang began feeling a strange urge to constrict his face and sensed the presence of the wolf spirit. He briefly saw the wolf spirit a short while after, before being distracted by Azula's quick desertion. The wolf spirit appeared again and attempted to gnaw off Sokka's head. When Aang tried to respectfully approach the spirit and reveal his position as the Avatar, the wolf spirit quickly attacked him instead. Team Avatar tried multiple ways of attacking the spirit, all to no avail, until Appa swiped the wolf spirit with his tail. He retaliated by throwing up a cloud of moth wasps, which quickly surrounded Team Avatar. The spirit was eventually scared off by Azula's lightning attack that struck the moths.
Aang met with the wolf spirit again in the Spirit World, and tried to encourage it to travel to one of the other pools in the Forgetful Valley to drink from. The wolf spirit, however, did not show any signs of response, and suddenly ran off. Aang managed to grab hold of the spirit's fur, and found himself in front of the Mother of Faces, who admonished Aang for riding her wolf.
The wolf spirit has the ability to remain invisible to most humans, and can breathe moth wasps with that same skill. It is also able to consume fire, and can easily withstand physical attacks, possessing sufficient physical strength and endurance to hold its own in a fight with several benders and a large flying bison.
Graphic novel trilogies
- When Aang's mind synched with that of the wolf spirit, he adopted an expression similar to the face-like markings the wolf spirit has on its chest.
- Legend has it that the wolf spirit will appear in the Forgetful Valley and drink from one of the four pools of water. Whichever pool the wolf chooses to drink from, is where the Mother of Faces will appear.
- Misu refers to the wolf spirit as a male, whereas the Mother of Faces refers to it as female. Gene Yang himself has referred to the wolf as being male.
- Gurihiru colorized the wolf spirit as blue in order to differentiate it from regular wolves.
- Michael Dante DiMartino has stated that he believes the wolf spirit may have been inspired by the giant wolf that was featured in "The Siege of the North, Part 2".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wolf Sprit tweet (March 21, 2013). Retrieved on March 21, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 DiMartino, Michael Dante; Konietzko, Bryan; Yang, Gene (writer), Sasaki of Gurihiru (penciling, inking), Kawano of Gurihiru (colorist), Heisler, Michael; Comicraft (letterer). The Search Part 1 (March 20, 2013), Dark Horse Comics.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 DiMartino, Michael Dante; Konietzko, Bryan; Yang, Gene (writer), Sasaki of Gurihiru (penciling, inking), Kawano of Gurihiru (colorist), Heisler, Michael; Comicraft (letterer). The Search Part 2 (July 10, 2013), Dark Horse Comics.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 DiMartino, Michael Dante; Konietzko, Bryan; Yang, Gene (writer), Sasaki of Gurihiru (penciling, inking), Kawano of Gurihiru (colorist), Heisler, Michael; Comicraft (letterer). The Search Library Edition (February 5, 2014), Dark Horse Comics.