As most of you undoubtedly have realised, the San Diego Comic Con panel for The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra was just held, with many interesting revelations. The fandom has been greeted with many surprises and happy additions to the World of Avatar!
With all the flood of updates coming in around the Internet, it's quite easy to become a bit confused as to what was actually said. Here's a summary of all the information that was talked about today at the San Diego Comic Con panel for the Legend of Korra.
- A trailer that notably includes Korra fight scenes was shown, and can be viewed right here on this article at the top right. Nickelodeon also made an official upload, but it is not viewable outside the United States — link here.
- The poster on the right shows two brothers, Mako and Bolin. Mako is a Firebender while Bolin is an Earthbender.
- The metropolis, which is known as Republic City, was founded by Aang and Zuko. The city has a gigantic statue of Aang within its limits.
- Aang and Katara had three children, the youngest of which was Tenzin. Meelo is Tenzin's son, one of his three Airbending children.
- After the war, Toph travelled extensively to teach Metalbending. Metalbending is commonly used to subdue criminals by the Republic City police, who are led by Toph's daughter.
- Korra has a female Polar Bear Dog named Naga. Other pets include Pabu, a Fire Ferret belonging to Bolin.
- The anti-benders utilize chi blocking for combat. They call themselves Equalists, and are led by Amon. The series will also show mixed martial arts.
- Some production information: The series will be divided into two "seasons", the first containing twelve episodes and the second containing fourteen. The music will be jazz-style Chinese music from the 1920's.
Thanks tofor providing much of this information. Check back for any updates to this list!
Update(s) to the list:
- Comic Con panel on Korra: ""She's gotta be tough, she's from the Water Tribe. We wanted to make her look like a snow boarder. She's rugged, unlike typical female superheroes."
- Tenzin's family: Pema is his (pregnant?) wife. Jinora and Ikki are his daughters. Jinora is described as a bookworm while Ikki is a motor-mouth. As mentioned, Meelo is his son. The family live on Air Temple Island, which is in the bay of Republic City.
- Pro-Bending, a team sport involving bending from all disciplines.
- Mako is the older and more mature of the siblings hailing from a multicultural family. Bolin is described as "goofier".
Want to see a full transcript of the Comic-Con panel? You can find one here.
Please stay civil. You should not harass other users or their views.