You can log in to IRC here for the Avatar Wiki community chat.
Use IRC Access if you want to stay on-wiki.
Next Saturday, the 24th of April, at 22:00 (UTC), we plan to hold a general IRC meeting. Note the time change. All are welcome, but we urgently require at least all admins and experienced users with rollback rights. Topics that urgently need to be discussed include:
- Our positioning for the release of The Last Airbender, which is now just eighty-four days away. In these couple of months, we still have an insurmountable amount of work to do, including:
- The setting up of a large number of film articles that are actually useful to the reader.
- The writing up of sixty episode transcripts from the original TV series, not copied from anywhere else.
- The ridding of the stub template.
- The article for the film itself needs a lot of improvement.
- Promotions for the wiki in the run-up to the film.
- How to best utilise the ever-larger family of wikis, the "Avatar Wiki Network", which now includes multiple language versions (the Dutch one recently is doing particularly well), the fanon section of the wiki, an Answers extension, and forums.
- How to increase user retention and expand the community.
- What else we should do to position ourselves well for the release of The Last Airbender.
- And anything else you think is worth bringing up. We do plan on making these IRC meetings a more regular fixture from now on.
Below is a rough guide to what local time the meeting is for you (please check, experience tells me that I'm unreliable).
- United States/Canada West Coast (Los Angeles, Vancouver) - 3pm or 1500 hours, Saturday
- United States/Canada Mid-east (Chicago, Dallas) - 5pm or 1700 hours, Saturday
- United States/Canada East Coast (New York City, Washington D.C.) - 6pm or 1800 hours, Saturday
- Eastern Australia (Sydney, Melbourne) - 8am or 0800 hours, Sunday (unfortunately)
- Great Britain/Western Europe (London, Paris) - 11pm or 2300 hours, Saturday
If you are a regular here, please give prior notice if you are unable to attend at the time proposed.
Please feel welcome to suggest topics in comments. We'll add it to the list.