Heya, everyone! Got some good news for once: "The Will of All Mankind" will almost definitely be out this weekend! That's right, that means you all will soon finally learn of the true meaning behind Sokka's wacky old hallucinations and why they're important to the plot at all.
So, I guess I'll take some time to give you the basic rundown of the chapter, mainly with the writing style I'll be utilizing. I'll be experimenting quite a bit here, actually, even more than last chapter with all the dark comedy and awkwardness.
- The chapter will open with a cold opening, which means you'll have no idea when or where it is and the action begins abruptly and chaotically...Okay, that last bit is no different from any other chap. But, alas, I digress.
- Next, we'll also open with a retelling of a few scenes from a very important chapter from the "New World" Chronicles, but much more detailed and much more revealing.
- I'll also present the rest of the chapter in a style resembling Nonlinear narrative, meaning this is the Pulp Fiction of the whole series. And if you didn't get that reference, then go think about it over a good royale with cheese.
- Surrealism. Severe surrealism. Yellow Submarine-surrealism. It's gonna be wild.
- A little less about religion and a lot more about spiritualism and stuff related to the Spirit World in general. After all, it was a spirit who brought Sokka back to life, and it was a spirit who clearly inflicted these terrible hallucinations upon him in the first place.
Now, to tie up some loose ends:
- The title, and the big quote at the top, of this blog is, yes, from this chapter, and yes, it's about the hallucinations. Same goes for the image, which is a screencap from an Irish film called The Secret of Kells.
- The chapter will be released soon before "Sokka, Interrupted"—the first new chapter of Sokka's Days in three years—so I'm nicknaming this little mini-marathon "Sokka-to-Me!" Bitchin' title, right? :P
- As you've probably noticed, I've added quite a lot of titles to the "Upcoming titles" section at the chapters page, so be sure to leave me some feedback. "A Day in the Life" and "Sleep" are my personal favorites of the bunch.
Well, th-th-th-th-th-th-that's all, folks! See ya this weekend when "Sokka-to-Me!" begins! Cheers!