There was an exclusive interview yesterday with J.K. Simmons, the voice of Tenzin, a character in the new Avatar series Avatar: The Legend of Korra. This interview tells us a little more about Tenzin's personality and one of the many contributions to the diffculty between Tenzin's relationship with Korra, the Avatar after his father Aang.
Excerpt from interview
- Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions.
- You bet. I hope this works, despite my complete incompetence with all technology.
- Fans know that in the upcoming Avatar: The Legend of Korra your character, Tenzin, is the son of Aang and Korra's Airbending instructor; what else can you tell us about him?
- Not unlike the actor who provides his voice, he's bald. And very virile. And wise. And attractive...
- Does the fact that Tenzin's father was the Avatar before Korra cause any strain between them when they first meet?
- That's one of many things that contributes to difficulty in their relationship.
- How did you get involved in the new Avatar series?
- The old fashioned way. As I recall, (which I often do incorrectly) I auditioned for this one.
- If you could bend any element which would you want and why?
- Air. That way you can basically fly, which is my favorite G-rated fantasy.
Please stay civil. You should not harass other users or their views.