I haven't seen the movie, and I'm looking forward to it, but I just read the early reviews... and they are not good. At all... It has currently 10% in Rotten Tomatoes, but of course it can improve. Here are some reviews:
- Frank Swietek: The uninitiated will find the picture an odd, strangely chilly and frequently confounding experience. They won't care that this first 'Airbender' will likely be the last too.
- Neil Miller: The most well-rounded failure of the year so far.
- Jordan Hoffman: I believe M. Night can ruin the world.
- Christy Lemire: The Last Airbender is a joyless, soulless, muddled mess, but the worst part of all doesn't come until the very end. That's when it makes the clear suggestion that two more such movies are in store for us.
- Roger Moore: This colossal folly, the fiasco of the summer of 2010 — gives us all a ringside seat at the sight of Mr. “I See Dead People’s” career gurgling down the drain.
Among others, although of course there are a couple of other positive reviews. Personally, I can't say anything until I see the movie for myself. So for the ones that have seen it, what do you think about it?