The time has come, I guess.
I'm leaving the wiki.
Although I've been on since July 28th, 2012, made many new friends in the process, and have even joined another wiki as well, I've decided that maybe leaving the wiki is the best option for me.
Why? I've gotten into new interests, I feel a little bored on this site, and I'm three weeks behind on my online classes. And the wiki is one of the main things distracting me from finishing my course and not leaving me behind - something I almost did last year.
And although I love Avatar, like I've said, I've gotten new interests. I want to take my mind off the wiki and read, or write, or maybe something from my never ending list of animes.
I'll be writing my resignations for my user groups soon.
To all…Read more >
Today, I'm interviewing ', author of , a oneshot.
Q1: Hey Snip! How are you doing this fine day?
- Hey, Humble! I'm doing great actually!
Q2: What inspired you to write this story?
- Umm, I don't really know what inspired me. It was probably something in my subconscious that trigger the idea.
Q3: Is this story simply a oneshot or apart of a series of oneshots?
- I'm planning on making a series of oneshots entitled, Tales of the Earth Kingdom. But I plan on changing the name to Tales of the Avatar World because I would like to expand on the locations the stories take place.
Q4: Have you written stories like this before? If so, on or off the wiki?
- No I haven't. This is the first time I've written anything like this. The wiki is what got me writing fan-fic…
Read more >
Hello ! IRC is AW's way of socializing with other users, which can be found here. Some users are confused about the way IRC works, such as how to change their nick or do actions. Here is my IRC guide.
When you have arrived to the IRC access page, place in your Wikia nickname so people will know you. However, a nick on IRC can only be 16 characters long, with no spaces. Like my name for example, is too long. So I would use Humble instead.
If you have already used IRC in the past, you can put in your regular IRC nick.
Where it says auth-to-services, check the checkbox, and if you have a nick already registered, put in your IRC nick and password.
Please do the captcha below to have access to IRC.
You have now entered IRC! Some people have…
Read more >
Today, I'm interviewing ', author of , which is a poetic oneshot entailing the death of Mako's and Bolin's parents. Fruipit is also the author of and
Q1: Hey Fruipit! How is your day?
- Oh, just fantastic! I went to see an exhibition at the Queensland Museum about Mummies. Very interesting...
Q2: First off, what inspired you to write this oneshot?
- Uhh, really, I just wanted to try my hand at a one0shot. I had never written one before, and was sick of doing series that failed or I became bored of.
Q3: Why did you write it in a poetic style?
- It seemed the easiest. No complex dialogue, scene setting, it's purely interpretational for the reader.
Q4: Were there any other ways you would describe how Mako got his famous red scarf?
- Yeah, but none of them s…
Read more >
Hey ! I'm Humble! You may not know me (I'm starting to lurk here) but I'm hosting this writing contest for those with large imaginations. Yes, YOU! I know you're out there *Tries to find you at the corners of this large wiki.* Basically, I'm going to assign you a picture based on the first letter of your name. You have to look at that picture and come up with any idea that pops up in your head that's related to the picture,and according to the genre I assign you. I want you to amaze me, surprise me, make it so imaginative that it can even surpass…
"He is outside of everything, and alien everywhere. He is an aesthetic solitary. His beautiful, light imagination is the wing that on the autumn evening just brushes the dusky window"
— Henry James
Read more >