Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I saw this tweet from M. Night Shyamalan yesterday, in reply to this tweet, but I guess most people missed the significance. M.Night has been doing post-production for After Earth (AE) but with that winding down...
- Joe Farina: What's the next project after AE? Or not even thinking about that yet? lol
- Shyamalan: Deciding between 3. One I’ve already written and 2 that are just in outline form. They are all fighting in my heart right now.
Gee... what could possibly be the script he has already written... Can anybody guess?
These snapshots were taken from the picture-in-picture documentary in The Last Airbender Blu-ray. Near the start of the end credits, M.Night talks about the sequel and then cuts to this short clip of him working on the script for The Last Airbender 2 while flying over to Greenland with the cast and crew. Yes, it is already known that M.Night confirmed the existence of the script while promoting the release of the first movie.
Since Paramount makes the final decision on the sequels, this is a good indication that a sequel is coming, with or without M.Night. I hope he returns to direct, lest we get a repeat of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. Even then, the final product and reactions can't be worse than the other movie, can it?
What a tweeeeest!
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MNightShyamalan/status/248434596033740801
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JoeFarina1/status/242428215417774080
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=67577
- ↑ http://hasdi.deviantart.com/art/The-Last-Airbender-2-script-328245601
- ↑ http://hasdi.tumblr.com/post/31926723378/these-snapshots-were-taken-from-the
- ↑ http://www.vulture.com/2010/07/m_night_shyamalan_on_the_last.html
- ↑ http://www.open-casting-calls.info/2010/03/paramount-pictures-last-airbender-open.html
Please stay civil. You should not harass other users or their views.