Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hello, this is BlackMonkey, signing in to reviewby .
It is 200 years after the events of The War. Peace has reigned in the world for a very long time, and as such the world has changed. The Avatar, not needed due to the prevalent peace, has gone into seclusion and isolation. In his absence, the Order of the White Lotus has replaced him as the world's peace keepers, making sure that the peace of the world is not disturbed. Along with them have risen a new batch of unique warriors, called the Samurai. Riding great beasts, they are the White Lotus' main warriors, travelling all over the world and making sure that trouble does not blow out of proportion into a massive cataclysm of chaos. Suzaku and Seiryuu, an aspiring firebender and airbender who wish to be one of the White Lotus Samurai, do not know is that they are part of a very powerful destiny. For enemies, long thought sealed and contained, are slowly but surely returning. And the only way they can be defeated is if Suzaku and Sieryuu embrace their destiny...
I don't really need to say much right here - I'm speechless. Read the review and then read the two chapters that are out, as I think Kamigati will catch you off guard as he did to me. Very, very good.
- Story - 8.6: A pretty good story. The outline doesn't seem like much, and two chapters in, I'm still not exactly sure where this story is headed. However, the story within each chapter flows and little mysterious ends to each of them leaves you wanting more.
- Action - 7.4: There could be some more action in the heart of the story, and by that I mean some action at all. However, this is just the beginning and there was some nice action in the duel at the end of Chapter 1 and the flashback at the end of Chapter 2.
- Writing - 9.8: Superb. Please know this is the highest grade I have given in a review thus far in my FRS career.
- Creativity - 9.5: Well, I haven't seen anything like this before. Different firebending, new time and setting, new organizations, all I can say is that the future of this fanon is going to be unique one.
- Believability - 9.4: - Each characters seems comfortable with talking to each other and what they say seems normal, good friends with real thoughts. There were no big "those could never happen" plot twists here, however, there were no major plot twists at all so far, which is something to think about.
- Character Development - 9.0: Suzaku and Seiryuu are good friends that definitely learn and look out for one another. They have changed a little, definitely care for each other, and heck, this is only the beginning!
Average Score: 9.0
Note: All scores are out of ten
Advice for Kamigati: There isn't much, but action is definitely something to think about. Add some into the main story of Suzaku and Seiryuu, for it will definitely enhance it. And don't be afraid to throw in some freak cliffhangers or plot twists at the end of chapters. Other than that, may I ask, when is the next chapter coming out?
What kind of users should read Avatar: Shattered Balance? As far as I can tell from the first two chapters, any adventure loving fan will be very happy with this read and wanting more.