|Welcome! Feel free to let your fellow Avatar Wikians know a little more about you by editing this page!|
Hello! I've been an Avatar fan since the middle of the show's second season and have decided to join this wiki in anticipation of the new Korra series. I love this show for its take on modifying the basic good vs evil storyline into an intriguing plot; the attention to details achieved through referencing Asian culture, music, and combat; and the development, heart, and humor given to its great cast of characters. I am very proud to be a fan of this show, and hope more epic cartoons like this come my way in the future.
I have not yet watched the film, but completely agree with the Racebending site with regards to the casting choices. I am also quite disappointed no action figures were created for the female main characters of the original TV show.
Favorite Character List:
- Sokka - More than just a meat and sarcasm guy; Sokka ditches his sexist attitude and seeks maturity by humbling himself. I love having a realist be the group's main source of humor! And he does have a heart, aww.
- Toph - Made herself tough and self-reliant, but still needs a loving family. Her energy and humor makes her very admirable in my book!
- Iroh - This is the type of person everyone needs in their life. Someone who will always be there for you, even when you fail or push them away. Someone who will tell you what you need to hear, the cold, hard truth, but will soften it with tea. Iroh is a perfect balance of strength and gentleness.
- Zuko - His character development is what really makes him interesting to me. I loved his life's parallels to the Gaang's: episodes which compared his journey to Aang's, him and Katara's mothers sacrificing themselves for their children, how he will never have a relationship with his father and sister like Sokka has with his family, etc. I felt sorry for him sometime in season 1, and appreciated his character growth in season 2, but didn't truly like him until his final redemption.
- Bonus: Kyoshi - Even though we know next to nothing about her (and Kuruk and Yangchen), she and the other previous Avatars are very intriguing for minor characters. Her cold attitude compared to that of the warm-hearted Suki gives a bit more depth to the Kyoshi warriors.