Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the town. For the skirmish that took place here, see Confrontation at Tu Zin.
Tu Zin is a small, abandoned village located near a mountainous region of the southern Earth Kingdom. It was the scene of a conflict between Team Avatar, Zuko and Iroh, and Azula. The settlement is situated in a small, deserted valley some distance from the expansive Si Wong Desert.
This boomtown quickly came to be after rare and valuable metals were discovered in the nearby mines. In a short amount of time, earthbenders from all over the Earth Kingdom came here to mine for the valuable metals. For years Tu Zin was a thriving town that flourished with commerce; however, people began to leave after the mines dried up. The villagers abandoned the town to search for new opportunities elsewhere in the Earth Kingdom, leaving behind several possessions and leaving the town to decay. It was not long before everyone was gone, leaving this place a deserted ghost town.
Tu Zin is not known to have had any major involvement in the ongoing war that had engulfed the rest of the Earth Kingdom. However, Avatar Aang arrived at this town while fleeing from Princess Azula. Sleep-deprived and exhausted, he finally faced her here and was moments away from fighting her when Prince Zuko interrupted their standoff. He too had been following the Avatar by trailing his sister. Both siblings were intent on capturing Aang for themselves and fought each other as they chased Aang through the rotting buildings.
After knocking out Zuko, Azula cornered Aang and was only stopped from her attempt to end him by the timely intervention of Aang's friends. Zuko's uncle, Iroh, also joined the fray, and soon Aang, his friends, Zuko, and Iroh were all battling Azula. They quickly cornered her and when she saw that she was overwhelmed, she "surrendered" to the group. This was just a diversion, however, and she blasted Iroh with her blue flames while they were distracted by her plea. The four remaining benders, Aang, Zuko, Katara, and Toph, attacked Azula simultaneously with their native elements, but Azula blocked the attack with a fire shield. The resulting explosion set most of the ruined town ablaze, allowing Azula to escape. Zuko furiously drove away the Avatar and his friends despite their attempts to help him heal Iroh.
Afterward, Zuko cared for his wounded uncle in a ruined shack located on a hill outside of the city. This was also where Iroh continued Zuko's training, teaching him about the four nations and the redirection of lightning.
- The name of this town was incorrectly stated as "Tu-Zen" in the Avatar Extras for the episode "The Chase".
- The town's architecture, aura, and history resemble that of Old Western ghost towns.
- After the Hundred Year War, three citizens of Tu Zin formed a pro-bending team named the Tu Zin Tigerdillos.
- ↑ From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com (link). No longer updated.
- ↑ Hamilton, Joshua (writer) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (May 26, 2006). "The Chase". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 8. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & Spaulding, Ethan (director). (June 2, 2006). "Bitter Work". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 9. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ The Legend of Korra: Welcome to Republic City. Nickelodeon (May 11, 2012). Retrieved on May 11, 2012.