FANDOM


  • (sorry if i may not be good at english), i just finished watching the whole Legend of Korra series even though i finished watching ATLA 2-3 years ago. I didn't realize Legend of Korra was a part of the story. Altough im fascinated and heavily interested in the spiritual wisdom of the "avatar world & history" i was concerned about Korra losing connection to the past avatars. I felt like after watching LOK, i was left with a good amount of questions unanswered. I wanted to know why they made Korra lose the connection, afterall what would have happened if Amon took Korra's bending and she weren't able to connect with Aang that gave her bendings back? 

    Also as i have searched through different topics (even though i know it's all theories) i found out that the Avatar cycle will start new upon a Harmonic Convergence? Was there a "good/real" reason to remove all the past avatars? now that the next avatars won't find out the origins of them unless korra tells about Wan, Aang etc? As a huge fan, i'm fine with whatever happened but i also want to know more about the backstory of it. Btw there's still all the avatar statues in the Air temple (cant remember if it had a specific name)

      Loading editor
    • Yes, they are gone for good.

      i found out that the Avatar cycle will start new upon a Harmonic Convergence?

      I don't see why. The avatar cycle would be the same had Vaatu not destroyed Raava.

      As for why it happened, the authors just wanted to make Korra the new first avatar of her own cycle.

        Loading editor
    • SaitamaBro wrote:
      Yes, they are gone for good.
      i found out that the Avatar cycle will start new upon a Harmonic Convergence?

      I don't see why. The avatar cycle would be the same had Vaatu not destroyed Raava.

      As for why it happened, the authors just wanted to make Korra the new first avatar of her own cycle.

      Ah yeah, i am just really curious now that a new cycle starts, what will happen in the future since we/i'm used to have it like this; we are in the middle of the avatar cycle like in ATLA. That's why i consider getting the comics because i want to read more about the trilogy, but i have heard the story in the comics is a bit shifted-off from the story and that it's all about Korra and Sami now?

        Loading editor
    • Lootu wrote:

      Btw there's still all the avatar statues in the Air temple (cant remember if it had a specific name)

      I'm not sure but wasn't the air temple destroied by lava in the third book?

        Loading editor
    • Simo1102 wrote:

      Lootu wrote:

      Btw there's still all the avatar statues in the Air temple (cant remember if it had a specific name)

      I'm not sure but wasn't the air temple destroied by lava in the third book?

      Now that i think of it, that could be right, unless that mountain is THE only one with buildings. If so, it looks like it was ment to wipe off all past avatars and start on a new. Afterall, Korra has faced almost all kinds of bendings, Amon Energybending etc. And even participated in the Harmonic Convergence event like Wan.

        Loading editor
    • You're hearing rumors from people with a bone to pick, just pick up Turf Wars & decide for yourself. You can always find a place to read it online for free if you're concerned about the investment, though I encourage you to actually buy it if you do enjoy it or at least want to know more, since that's how we get more & it's the right thing to do.

      The starting point of the Avatar Cycle is essentially arbitrary. It "began" with fire, since the First Avatar just happened to be a firebender. It will continue to earth, fire, air, & then water again, as normal.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      You're hearing rumors from people with a bone to pick, just pick up Turf Wars & decide for yourself. You can always find a place to read it online for free if you're concerned about the investment, though I encourage you to actually buy it if you do enjoy it or at least want to know more, since that's how we get more & it's the right thing to do.

      The starting point of the Avatar Cycle is essentially arbitrary. It "began" with fire, since the First Avatar just happened to be a firebender. It will continue to earth, fire, air, & then water again, as normal.

      I wouldn't mind investing, it's not a problem at all. Had to clear myself, what i ment was, does Turf Wars continues/develop with the Avatar Trilogy/plot like in the series, are there new things to experience like so? or is it just a standalone chill story tale away from the series?

        Loading editor
    • There's only one part out so far, so it's tough to say. It does seem to be setting up something with the oft-ignored Spirit Wilds subplot. There's a new Triple Threats leader who may or may not have killed Viper. Raiko might be losing his job as President.

        Loading editor
    • Lootu wrote:

      Ah yeah, i am just really curious now that a new cycle starts, what will happen in the future since we/i'm used to have it like this; we are in the middle of the avatar cycle like in ATLA. That's why i consider getting the comics because i want to read more about the trilogy, but i have heard the story in the comics is a bit shifted-off from the story and that it's all about Korra and Sami now?

      The avatar cycle in LoK seemed to follow the order in wich Wan received the elements, so there really is no telling what the next one will be for certain.

      As for the comic, It is mostly Korrasami stuff. They don't really spend much time in the Spirit World, so you get to see only bits of their "vacation". But it is heavely focused on it and the reaction of the people they know.

      If you are going to read it first and then buy later, i recomend reading it on youtube. They add music and effects(like trembling when there is a earthquake), so i think it's really cool. If you want i can give you a link.

        Loading editor
    • Roughly 1/3 of the story by page total is focused on romance at all.

        Loading editor
    • Themes present in the comic:

      The new gang leader of one of the triads. Probably the new villain.

      Aftermath of the Kuvira thing.

      Relationship of spirits and humans.

      Korrasami.

      I don't think i missed anything. 4 themes. Korrasami occupied 22 of 71 pages(on my count), roughly 1/3 as you said.

        Loading editor
    • SaitamaBro wrote:
      Themes present in the comic:

      The new gang leader of one of the triads. Probably the new villain.

      Aftermath of the Kuvira thing.

      Relationship of spirits and humans.

      Korrasami.

      I don't think i missed anything. 4 themes. Korrasami occupied 22 of 71 pages(on my count), roughly 1/3 as you said.

      Fair enough, i'd love to read the comic and i will do so :)

      I wouldn't mind the romance, i'm just mostly in for the whole thing about avatar history, bending, spiritual wisdom part throughout the series!

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message