FANDOM


  • in the episode the drill toph should have been able to stop the drill dead in its tracks. hear me out. a few episodes before hand in the episode the library Toph was able to hold the library in place for a few seconds. that library most definitely was far heavier than the drill by a factor of 200 easily. since she was able to hold a building that was some 200 times heavier than the drill even for a couple of seconds this would mean she should have been able to hold the drill in place as well

      Loading editor
    • How about the fact that Toph couln't metalbend at the time.

        Loading editor
    • Why do you have a bunch of random letters italicized?

        Loading editor
    • Since none apparently exists, it's my font for sarcasm.

      Can you sense the sarcasm in my words?

        Loading editor
    • Mostly I just sense eye strain.

        Loading editor
    • And how exactly would Toph go about doing this feat? In detail if you do not mind. 

        Loading editor
    • SorcererSupreme21 wrote:
      How about the fact that Toph couln't metalbend at the time.

      i never said she could Metalbend at the time. what i pointed out is that toph has the sufficient strength to hold a building that is some 200 or 300 times the weight of that fucking drill in place for a few seconds. she should be able to use said strength to stop the drill. 

        Loading editor
    • MeelosLeaf422 wrote:
      And how exactly would Toph go about doing this feat? In detail if you do not mind. 

      i already stated above how she held the library in place for a few seconds, and that library weighs a good 200 times the weight of the drill. all she would have had to do is apply said fucking strength to stop the drill

        Loading editor
    • Actionmanrandell wrote:
      that library most definitely was far heavier than the drill by a factor of 200 easily. 

      I don't have a clue where you're getting this figure from. The drill was at least several city blocks long (though I'm not sure it was "miles long" like this Wiki says) and thicker than any individual part of the library aside from the library's base, so it's safe to say that the drill at least rivaled it in size and therefore rivaled it in weight as well. 

      Besides, the drill was designed to bore through earth. Earth equal in mass to the library could be placed in front of or even around the drill and it would still likely punch through it.

      Not that I think, mind you, that Toph could even move that much earth at once on her own. There's a world of difference in power between bracing something and actually moving it.

        Loading editor
    • Actionmanrandell wrote:
      MeelosLeaf422 wrote:
      And how exactly would Toph go about doing this feat? In detail if you do not mind. 
      i already stated above how she held the library in place for a few seconds, and that library weighs a good 200 times the weight of the drill. all she would have had to do is apply said fucking strength to stop the drill

      Okay. She held up a library tower made out of stone from sinking into sand. So she fought gravity, and it was sinking in sand which slowed it down as well. That is a strong feat of earth bending power. So I again ask how can she apply this Earthbending strength to stop a giant metal drill that is being moved through steam propulsion systems and can bore through earth? Are you syaing she can just push against it with her hands? 

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message