FANDOM


  • Folks there has been alot of like/loved charaters in the series. But there disliked/hated characters. 

      Loading editor
    • From a technical standpoint, I'm gonna say Unalaq, because he was just a boring villain. Not much to him, too obvious to be a twist, motivations too vague, et cetera.

      But my most hated character of the show is still Mako. He wasn't a good love interest, because he just was a dick. He lands himself a gorgeous, sweet, and insanely rich girlfriend, and then dumps her for some hothead with lack of respect for personal boundaries. And then just to add insult to injury, he does it AGAIN in the next season, only the other way around. And after that, he just didn't have a purpose anymore. Useful in a fight, but no real depth or development. And that makes sense from a writing POV, because he wasn't written as a character, he was written as the 'prize' for Korra, and when that failed, he just sticks around without really adding anything to the story. The only time he was kind of okay was in the very beginning of Book 3, when he was in this awkward phase, having just broken up with Korra and Asami, and yet he's still friends with them. That was kind of funny, but it also immediately resolves itself. So nothing to him, I think he was a waste of animation and they should have killed him in either Book 3 or in the finale. That would have been awesome.

        Loading editor
    • Mako was mine as well, but for different reasons.

        Loading editor
    • I'd be curious to know what those reasons were.

      I mean, my own reasons for disliking Mako are pretty similar to AA's, though he's not the character I personally hated the most. That dubious distinction actually belongs to Unalaq, who is basically every cliché evil villain ever - to the point that I found him intensely boring.

        Loading editor
    • Unalaq seemed like one big waste of character potential, really.  We were apparently supposed to read him as just as much of an antivillain as the other three arc villains, but we didn't get that on-screen.  What we got was this wannabe dark messiah who'd been part of an anarchist society despite being effectively a king, backstabbed them, tried to set an elder god of strife loose on the world, and abused his kids.  Not much sympathetic character or even "interesting B.B.E.G." cred there.

      Which is a shame, because that could have all been easily resolved by explicitly making him Vaatu's initially well-meaning puppet.  Not only would he have become a tragic villain by dint of that, but an entire host of other interesting questions and implications would have been raised.  (Regarding Xai Bau, for one.)

      As for Mako: I mostly quit disliking him in Book 3, when they distanced the girls from him and started treating him like an actual character instead of a creators' pet.

        Loading editor
    • I much prefer the product we got, in which Unalaq has as much antagonistic agency as Vaatu, despite its flaws. And I think Mako is a bit more complicated than that. But yeah, basically those 2.

        Loading editor
    • Was Unalaq really granted any antagonistic agency in canon?  For all we were given to go on, my interpretation could have been the intent behind what we got in canon, for all we know.  He was as inchoate as P'Li, which was hardly justifiable for a secondary antagonist.

        Loading editor
    • Given that he is presented as having his own motives for helping Vaatu, & absolutely no solid evidence of the puppet theory ever surfaces, yes.

        Loading editor
    • Except absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, and his motives were...vague.  (And arguably kind of self-destructive; I mean, getting possessed and possibly subsumed by an omnicidal primal elder god of strife and entropy?) 

      Even if his motive was the classic clichéd "world domination," he wouldn't have had much to dominate after the fact.  And if he'd known ahead of time that Vaatu was omnicidal, it seems like he'd have had some idea of that.

        Loading editor
    • Except that ignores 2 things:

      1. That aphorism only applies when there is not good reason to conclude that evidence would have emerged, if the proposition was true. It would be very uncharacteristic in this franchise for this supposed change in Unalaq's & Vaatu's relationship to not be signaled at any point. We have indications when other Avatars are unable to control the Avatar State, why would the Dark Avatar be any different?

      2. There actually is positive evidence in favor of the conclusion that Unalaq assisted Vaatu for his own reasons, "given that he is presented as" doing just that. Such as the fact that Unalaq himself, Toph, Wan Shi Tong, & Korra all affirm that he desired bringing the spirits back to the human world. There's little sense in speculating the long term validity of his motive, since we don't know to what extent either he influenced or agreed with Vaatu. It's entirely possible he was just as misanthropic. But not knowing the ultimate details of his plan does not mean we aren't privy to the proximate ones.

      The simple fact is that the puppet theory rests entirely on it just being expected that the ancient evil spirit will double-cross & possess Unalaq, because frankly it's arguably the oldest cliche in the book. So, I say, if they did even 1 thing perfectly with Unalaq, it was averting that.

        Loading editor
    • Vaatu was the spirit of strife and entropy.  That doesn't say "misanthropic," it says omnicidal.  He'd have left nothing standing but dark spirits.  (If he didn't absorb or destroy those once he'd gotten what he wanted from them, anyway.)

      And while Unalaq may have had "his own reasons," those reasons were essentially undefined.  The "world domination" one comes off as the likeliest from his actual in-story statements...but, again, it'd have backfired on him.

      Also: keep in mind that I was insinuating that he'd been a "puppet" since before Korra's time.  Possibly since before he backstabbed his brother, even.  It'd explain inconsistencies like a prince, even second in line for the throne, being involved with a bunch of anarchists.

        Loading editor
    • Reuniting the worlds & reigning over the spirits (& maybe the humans if they're still around) as a god. That's the least we can be sure of. We don't actually know whether or not he'd kill all humans, but really I don't think Vaatu's all that interested in it either. His only real goals seem to be destroying threats to him & rampaging. As long as they continue to supply each other's needs, they should be golden.

      I still suspect that there wasn't a complete separation between the White & Red Lotuses, & that's how Unalaq ended up with them. Surely he would see in them a potential tool to unseat his enemies, which could be summarily removed once they become a liability.

        Loading editor
    • I think it's between Unalaq and the Earth Queen. Both just really get on our nerves in a uniquely terrible way. @Neo: Unalaq may well have his own understandable reasons that we didn't heard about, but even with them, unless he proposed them in a really likeable or charismatic way, he could still be just as hate able because of his general unpleasantness and smug face-not to mention severing Korra's connection to Wan and the others,

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      Reuniting the worlds & reigning over the spirits (& maybe the humans if they're still around) as a god. That's the least we can be sure of.

      I'm fairly sure that falls under world domination.

      We don't actually know whether or not he'd kill all humans, but really I don't think Vaatu's all that interested in it either. His only real goals seem to be destroying threats to him & rampaging. As long as they continue to supply each other's needs, they should be golden.

      When we're talking about a primal god of entropy and strife whose stated goal is to cause a dark spirit apocalypse, it's the "rampaging" part that's the issue.

      I still suspect that there wasn't a complete separation between the White & Red Lotuses, & that's how Unalaq ended up with them. Surely he would see in them a potential tool to unseat his enemies, which could be summarily removed once they become a liability.

      Point.

      Master Earthbender8 wrote:

      I think it's between Unalaq and the Earth Queen. Both just really get on our nerves in a uniquely terrible way.

      Forgot about Her Most Arrogant Majesty the Historical-Domain Smear Campaign.  I'd lean towards her being the worst—no antivillain cred, no excuse for doing what she was doing (beyond possibly resenting her dad over the Earth Kingdom ceding territory after the war, anyway), no depths to which it seemed she wouldn't sink, and pretty much no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

      @Neo: Unalaq may well have his own understandable reasons that we didn't heard about, but even with them, unless he proposed them in a really likeable or charismatic way, he could still be just as hate able because of his general unpleasantness and smug face-not to mention severing Korra's connection to Wan and the others,

      Also, this.

        Loading editor
    • You know, even though you may dislike Zaheer, it was just so delightfully satisfying to see him give her her comeuppance.

        Loading editor
    • Master Earthbender8 wrote:
      You know, even though you may dislike Zaheer, it was just so delightfully satisfying to see him give her her comeuppance.

      I actually almost said as much, but ended up listing of all of the reasons why I despised Queen Fink instead.

        Loading editor
    • I'm fairly sure that falls under world domination.

      Yes, but the part about uniting the worlds & bringing back the spirits is also important, & also something we know he wanted.

      When we're talking about a primal god of entropy and strife whose stated goal is to cause a dark spirit apocalypse, it's the "rampaging" part that's the issue.

      There are a few reasons I don't consider it an issue. Firstly, we see from Raava-type Avatars that a very broad range of philosophies can still fit under the banner of "balance & order," & I see no real reason why it shouldn't be the same with Vaatu. Particularly because Unalaq is also pretty violent & destructive in his own right.

      Now, up until this point, I've been trying to avoid the can of worms that Unavaatu opens, but it must be noted that at a certain point there doesn't even seem to be a separation between Unalaq & Vaatu. Implying that they reached an equilibrium in their personalities anyway.

      @Neo: Unalaq may well have his own understandable reasons that we didn't heard about, but even with them, unless he proposed them in a really likeable or charismatic way, he could still be just as hate able because of his general unpleasantness and smug face-not to mention severing Korra's connection to Wan and the others[....]

      But I'm not suggesting that people should like Unalaq. On that note, though, not nearly enough people hate Kuvira, & that is a strong contender for my biggest disappointment in this fanbase.

        Loading editor
    • We still don't know why Unalaq wanted to bring back the spirits.  Considering that Vaatu's dealings with spirits seemed to consist of "corrupt, then make flunkies out of," that...seems like something that someone who'd willingly make deals with elder gods of strife and entropy would go along with.  So uniting the worlds and bringing back the spirits were probably for the advancement of world domination.

      IDK if Kuvira was being framed as actually worse than the Earth Queen or just worse than, say, Warlord Chin when Korra dropped that much-deserved you-suck speech on Zaheer in "Beyond the Wilds."  But I think people are inclined to rate Kuvira lower than the queen on the Oh My Spirits, Why Even Is This Character scale because she only had a few years in which to cause Trouble™ (as opposed to the decades that the queen, who was probably in her sixties when she ran afoul of a certain weeablew, had in which to probably do a lot of the same authoritarian shit).  Unless, that is, that's giving them too much credit...in which case, it's probably either that she's pretty or that they should be on that scale themselves.

        Loading editor
    • If we hold that every spirit has light & dark aspects, & not every dark spirit goes dark because of Vaatu, then dark spirits are perfectly natural, which I think would be enough of a justification for Unalaq to say he's still helping the spirits.

      Unalaq's veneration of spirits may be an Informed Attribute, but I don't see that as a reason to discount it.

        Loading editor
    • Come to think of it, Yakone has to be a contender too. Neo- I think one reason we can't hate Kuvira quite as much- even though she was a truly terrible leader in the end- is because she worked personally to try and establish order over a huge continent. Still became kind of despicable in terms of her actions, but I think she deserves a little sympathy for losing what she had originally wanted-unlike Unalaq, who just threw his family, people and mysterious wife Malina away!

      P.S. All the Fire Nation characters- except maybe Mako, and even then that's debatable are so awesome now and I love that.

        Loading editor
    • Yakone is actually disproportionately well liked, given his small amount of screen time. The guy made an impact.

      I think one reason we can't hate Kuvira quite as much

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRy3wICXVXI

      Also, you could easily say that Unalaq deserves sympathy because he ruled the Northern Tribe for several years & they seemed to be doing well. Kuvira is also no better in the "throwing away family" department, seeing as she tried to outright blow up Bataar Jr.

        Loading editor
    • We didn't see what life was like for citizens of the Northern Tribe, though, so we kind of have to guess at that. In addition, it seems like Unalaq knew Wan's full story. In that case, he should know what Vaatu did to, say Jaya and the other fire turtle villagers-unless he really did get a false picture, but you have pointed out he wasn't a puppet-meaning he did probably know Vaatu's plans. Again, Kuvira did earn all of her legacy, the good and very bad. Okay, you are right about her treatment of family. Fair enough.

        Loading editor
    • Kuvira was basically a glorified thug in a position to profit off of frankly much more talented people. Without Varrick & Zhu Li, she wouldn't have had spirit power. Without the backing of the world leaders, she wouldn't have the supplies to parade around as Great Uniter. Without her husband, she wouldn't have been able to manage the building projects she surely needed to do in order to expand the empire. When we get down to it, her actual contributions were mainly beating up bandits & threatening people to get them to side with her, but because she was head of the original party who went out to quell the riots, she was officially put in charge of the reconstruction & that's what mainly allowed her to eventually become Emperor.

        Loading editor
    • I never liked President Raiko, Varrick or Zhu Li. Heck I wrote an LoK just so I could kill those characters off.

        Loading editor
    • On a related note: I want to take Zaheer and Kuvira and knock their fucking heads together.  However, The Queen Is A Fink still takes the dubious honor.

        Loading editor
    • People have already listed ones that I would have listed (Unalaq, Earth Queen, President Raiko, etc) but to add to the list I'd have to say Yakone too....did he have any motivation for his crimes (even before Aang took his bending and then he sired Noatak/Amon and Tarrlok) beyond just being a crime lord...

        Loading editor
    • That's kind of like asking what Chin the Conqueror's backstory is. They are themselves backstory characters.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      That's kind of like asking what Chin the Conqueror's backstory is. They are themselves backstory characters.

      I don't think Yakone was quite as one note as Chin the Conqueror (or at the very least the former's influence on other characters was more evident than the latter's definitely) but I concede your point lol.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not inclined to disagree, as I think Yakone was surprisingly interesting for a backstory character we knew very little about. Though, on a speculative note, I imagine he was probably an early immigrant to the United Republic, but didn't find himself any more successful, so he turned to crime. He probably taught himself bloodbending after hearing the stories, & discovered his unique talent. I suspect something similar is the backstory of most of the gangsters.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      I'm not inclined to disagree, as I think Yakone was surprisingly interesting for a backstory character we knew very little about. Though, on a speculative note, I imagine he was probably an early immigrant to the United Republic, but didn't find himself any more successful, so he turned to crime. He probably taught himself bloodbending after hearing the stories, & discovered his unique talent. I suspect something similar is the backstory of most of the gangsters.

      Fair theory though as you said it's all speculative. I could just as easily say that he was a crime lord and enjoyed inflicting pain on others with very little remorse for his actions, stopped for a while only because he had no choice in the matter (lost his bending to the Avatar) then jumped at the chance to use his sons as revenge tools rather than legitimately starting over with a fresh start because he was a selfish and overall unrepentant bastard. Though again, what I said is all speculative as well. He could have had more motivation in his youth for turning to crime definitely, but there's nothing there of note to say one way or another. Odd considering they spent an entire episode on him and his sons...that's all I meant really.

        Loading editor
    • I mean given the specifics of his background & the typical demographics of crime. A lot of things could possibly be motivating him, but there are a lot more "I needed the moneys" than there are "I do it for funs" or "I want to avenge my dead sisters." According to Tarrlok, things were pretty good until he saw the chance to get revenge. It seems like the bitterness over his defeat & the loss of his bending took over.

        Loading editor
    • A lot of people hate Mako because of that dumb love triangle in the first two seasons.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      I mean given the specifics of his background & the typical demographics of crime. A lot of things could possibly be motivating him, but there are a lot more "I needed the moneys" than there are "I do it for funs" or "I want to avenge my dead sisters." According to Tarrlok, things were pretty good until he saw the chance to get revenge. It seems like the bitterness over his defeat & the loss of his bending took over.

      Maybe but considering he didn't really care about the suffering he inflicted on others with his bloodbending, he fled justice to start with (escaping prison) and then using his sons as revenge tools the minute he saw an opportunity.....it's really hard to care one way or another. It's true he's a background character, but considering the narrative treated him with more respect and gravitas than Chin the Conqueror....it's just weird that there didn't really seem to be anything there to make him sympathetic in canon even if he did find a brief period of "peace" or whatever with his married life before his sons discovered their waterbending....

      I'm not disagreeing with you, the typical crime demographics more than likely apply to Yakone but again, it's weird that it wasn't even mentioned despite explaining the importance of his influence and it's hard to really care about his character (even as a background character) when he created atrocities and more or less got off scot free until he died and his wife was non the wiser. I mean, there's an argument that we essentially weren't meant to care but still it was all executed sort of weird to me. And considering Tarrlok did indeed imply or say that things were fine until he and his brother discovered their bending, it's weird to put the potential to evoke sympathy for a character (even a background one) and then do nothing with it when they spent an entire episode on him and his family....

      1Risingdracyan1 Wrote:
      A lot of people hate Mako because of that dumb love triangle in the first two seasons.

      Yep though for me it was more irritation and frustration for Mako's wasted potential and me just not liking love triangles period rather than me just hating Mako's character.

        Loading editor
    • I'm just taking the excuse to talk about Yakone because I like Yakone. Mostly, I think he wasn't exactly meant to be sympathetic, but not irredeemable either. He's clearly not a nice dude, but there's the suggestion that he was capable of leaving his past behind him--if not actually regretting it--but he chose to be consumed by obsession, & it cost him dearly.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      I'm just taking the excuse to talk about Yakone because I like Yakone. Mostly, I think he wasn't exactly meant to be sympathetic, but not irredeemable either. He's clearly not a nice dude, but there's the suggestion that he was capable of leaving his past behind him--if not actually regretting it--but he chose to be consumed by obsession, & it cost him dearly.

      I didn't care for him personally. I found his sons to be more interesting really even if I didn't really like them either. Though as far as background characters go, he was okay. I still say that he's sort of "irredeemable" because he fled justice, settled down only because he lost his power and then went back to being a "crime lord" through his sons' bending the first chance he got. There is an argument to be made that maybe if his sons had not been born benders he might not have fallen back onto his old ways (that I would believe though it would once again be because he was forced out of his previous life not because he actually gave a damn about repenting) but he was hardly repentant overall and to me his actions towards his sons just showed his true colors once again.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not suggesting that he cared about repentance generally, just that there was a time where he wanted to settle down with a family. It's true that the timing of it was due to circumstance, but he still had powerful connections, he wasn't literally incapable of continuing on as a crime lord, so I think there were other factors affecting his decision.

      Also, the fact that he did choose revenge doesn't mean it's implausible that he could have chosen to let it go. The Avatar world seems to take for granted that free will exists, so if we say it's 60% likely that Yakone would seek revenge, that's still 2/5 of the time he wouldn't. If he didn't show any signs that he could be different, if he'd always abused his kids, or continued running the mob in his new home, I'd say that chance would be close to 0, but that wasn't the case.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      I'm not suggesting that he cared about repentance generally, just that there was a time where he wanted to settle down with a family. It's true that the timing of it was due to circumstance, but he still had powerful connections, he wasn't literally incapable of continuing on as a crime lord, so I think there were other factors affecting his decision.

      True, but the same could be said of Lightning Bolt Zolt but the minute he lost his bending we never really here from him again either. A lot of his (Yakone's) bite came from his bending connections or no.

      Also, the fact that he did choose revenge doesn't mean it's implausible that he could have chosen to let it go. The Avatar world seems to take for granted that free will exists, so if we say it's 60% likely that Yakone would seek revenge, that's still 2/5 of the time he wouldn't. If he didn't show any signs that he could be different, if he'd always abused his kids, or continued running the mob in his new home, I'd say that chance would be close to 0, but that wasn't the case

      This is a point that I already conceded. I said that while I don't personally believe he'd let go, that it isn't totally unbelievable that he wouldn't (so why are we going over this again?). The fact of the matter is that we don't know one way or another what he'd do in an alternate reality. What we DO know in canon is that he left Republic City after escaping prison, met a woman, and had a relatively peaceful life if not truly "repentant" of his past crimes.

      Then his sons were "blessed" with waterbending and he chose to fall into old habits when he could have just as easily let go in the current scenario. All we're both doing is speculating and your way of viewing it isn't any more or less plausible than my interpretation. IMO, the fact that he freely chose to fall back on old habits despite the fact that he could have chosen otherwise just shows that in the end, all he cared about was revenge and only once again let it go when Noatak ran away (he didn't believe in Tarrlok as much), not because he regretted his actions. So, if we're going on a 5/5 ratio, I'd lean closer to less than 1/5 chance that he'd chose otherwise. That's just me though.

        Loading editor
    • True, but the same could be said of Lightning Bolt Zolt but the minute he lost his bending we never really here from him again either. A lot of his (Yakone's) bite came from his bending connections or no.

      I've always been curious about Zolt's fall from grace. Was it just not in his business model to secure alliances, because he relied on being able to intimidate through his bending power? Did being captured by the Equalists after his bending was stolen rob him of a crucial window of opportunity to exploit his ties against being usurped by Viper? Did he, in fact, do the exact same thing Yakone did, & if so, why? Sadly, I doubt I'll ever know.

      This is a point that I already conceded. I said that while I don't personally believe he'd let go, that it isn't totally unbelievable that he wouldn't (so why are we going over this again?).

      I must've missed it.

      Then his sons were "blessed" with waterbending and he chose to fall into old habits when he could have just as easily let go in the current scenario. All we're both doing is speculating and your way of viewing it isn't any more or less plausible than my interpretation.

      I just don't think it really accounts for the "Good Old Days." I mean, if Yakone was always just a sadistic old bastard who only cared about power & revenge, why would there have been "Good Old Days"? Wouldn't he find something else to hate or lord over his children over? Or at least have manifested his bitterness in some other way?

      IMO, the fact that he freely chose to fall back on old habits despite the fact that he could have chosen otherwise just shows that in the end, all he cared about was revenge and only once again let it go when Noatak ran away (he didn't believe in Tarrlok as much), not because he regretted his actions.

      This is, in my opinion, the biggest hurdle to account for. I can't say for sure exactly what the characters were thinking at this time, because there's very little screentime to judge from. But I think a good pattern of circumstantial evidence can make up for a lack of a smoking gun.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut Wrote:
      I just don't think it really accounts for the "Good Old Days." I mean, if Yakone was always just a sadistic old bastard who only cared about power & revenge, why would there have been "Good Old Days"? Wouldn't he find something else to hate or lord over his children over? Or at least have manifested his bitterness in some other way?

      I never claimed that the "Good Old Days" weren't good though. I did say that he did find some peace and probably WOULD have just led his life had he not found an opportunity to get revenge (i.e., if his sons hadn't been born benders to start with). As it stands in the narrative, however, those "good old days" weren't enough of a deterrent for him to choose against using his sons for revenge tools regardless once he saw the chance. That's what I was getting at and at the end of the day, he died unrepentant of his sins. Simply having the capacity to lead a good life and repent isn't really enough when a person outright ignores it every time a chance to "be bad" or "take revenge" crops up....

        Loading editor
    • Personally I hate Korra since she was a hot headed and stubborn bitch. Let's not forget how ignorant  and narrow minded she was in season 2 when she thought that supporting the south was going to solve the Civil. And she accused Mako for taking sides, THAT'S WHAT STARTED THE SHIT IN THE FIRST.

      Unaloq was right about one thing. The Avatar is supposed to be neutral. I mean she can control all four element. The whole concept of the Avatar is to bring together the Four Nation and ensure that the is peace between them. She also should have understood that the United Republic or the other nation had no place to meddle into the affair of the Water Tribes. So instead of being a war hungry bitch she should her tried to resolve the conflict peacefully.

      So as much as Korra is a cool character, she is by far the worst Avatar ever.

      Also, I hate Asami. i just get weird vibes when I see her and read about her in fanfics. I als think she looks like a thirsty ho.

        Loading editor
    • I shouldn't...oh, what the Hell, I'm going to.

      Personally I hate Korra since she was a hot headed and stubborn bitch. Let's not forget how ignorant and narrow minded she was in season 2 when she thought that supporting the south was going to solve the Civil. And she accused Mako for taking sides, THAT'S WHAT STARTED THE SHIT IN THE FIRST.

      Actually, she did try it your way initially, but then she found out that Unalaq was orchestrating the whole thing. Changing your mind when new evidence comes to light is the opposite of narrow mindedness.

      Unaloq was right about one thing. The Avatar is supposed to be neutral.

      Y'know, for how much nostalgia there is over the original series, it's almost like people didn't watch it. The plot was not "Aang can't take sides in the war," it was "Aang needs to defeat the Fire Nation, because they are in the wrong."

      I mean she can control all four element. The whole concept of the Avatar is to bring together the Four Nation and ensure that the is peace between them.

      Which sometimes necessitates wasting whoever's causing the violence.

      She also should have understood that the United Republic or the other nation had no place to meddle into the affair of the Water Tribes. So instead of being a war hungry bitch she should her tried to resolve the conflict peacefully.

      Do explain to me how she was going to negotiate with the man whose whole agenda was to release Basically Satan so he could fuse with it & rule the world in an era of darkness. That sounds...tricky.

      So as much as Korra is a cool character, she is by far the worst Avatar ever.

      If you go by a rule that was never canon, & a black & white argument that disallows constructive violence specifically for Korra, while every other Avatar is apparently exempt from it, then sure.

      Also, I hate Asami. i just get weird vibes when I see her and read about her in fanfics. I als think she looks like a thirsty ho.

      Charming.

        Loading editor
    • Cheng The Nerd wrote:
      Personally I hate Korra since she was a hot headed and stubborn bitch. Let's not forget how ignorant  and narrow minded she was in season 2 when she thought that supporting the south was going to solve the Civil. And she accused Mako for taking sides, THAT'S WHAT STARTED THE SHIT IN THE FIRST.

      Unaloq was right about one thing. The Avatar is supposed to be neutral. I mean she can control all four element. The whole concept of the Avatar is to bring together the Four Nation and ensure that the is peace between them. She also should have understood that the United Republic or the other nation had no place to meddle into the affair of the Water Tribes. So instead of being a war hungry bitch she should her tried to resolve the conflict peacefully.

      So as much as Korra is a cool character, she is by far the worst Avatar ever.

      Also, I hate Asami. i just get weird vibes when I see her and read about her in fanfics. I als think she looks like a thirsty ho.

      Her family and her home was under threat by Unaloq, I'd react the same way in her shoes, or go further by overthrowing President Raiko and getting military aid for the Southern Water Tribe anyway possible. The Northern Water Tribe was occupying the Southern tribe with an army when something like happens the other nations would be right to intervene unless another Ozai happens with Unaloq.


      Plus Aang wasn't neutral in the war, neither was Kyoshi whn her home was under threat. Sometimes the Avatar has to take sides in a conflict and not be neutral.

      I do not think Korra is the worst Avatar, some would say that's Aang cause he didn't kill Ozai and Yakone.

      How can you hate Asami?

        Loading editor
    • Sergio N wrote:
      Cheng The Nerd wrote:
      Personally I hate Korra since she was a hot headed and stubborn bitch. Let's not forget how ignorant  and narrow minded she was in season 2 when she thought that supporting the south was going to solve the Civil. And she accused Mako for taking sides, THAT'S WHAT STARTED THE SHIT IN THE FIRST.

      Unaloq was right about one thing. The Avatar is supposed to be neutral. I mean she can control all four element. The whole concept of the Avatar is to bring together the Four Nation and ensure that the is peace between them. She also should have understood that the United Republic or the other nation had no place to meddle into the affair of the Water Tribes. So instead of being a war hungry bitch she should her tried to resolve the conflict peacefully.

      So as much as Korra is a cool character, she is by far the worst Avatar ever.

      Also, I hate Asami. i just get weird vibes when I see her and read about her in fanfics. I als think she looks like a thirsty ho.

      Her family and her home was under threat by Unaloq, I'd react the same way in her shoes, or go further by overthrowing President Raiko and getting military aid for the Southern Water Tribe anyway possible. The Northern Water Tribe was occupying the Southern tribe with an army when something like happens the other nations would be right to intervene unless another Ozai happens with Unaloq.


      Plus Aang wasn't neutral in the war, neither was Kyoshi whn her home was under threat. Sometimes the Avatar has to take sides in a conflict and not be neutral.

      I do not think Korra is the worst Avatar, some would say that's Aang cause he didn't kill Ozai and Yakone.

      How can you hate Asami?

      okay firstly, I guess I see your point. Maybe it's because I couldn't stand her hot headed personality.

      Secondly, I just get weird vibes when I see Asami. I know she's a sweet heart and all but I just get weird vibes. And like I said, she looks like a thirsty ho

        Loading editor
    • Cheng The Nerd wrote:
      Sergio N wrote:
      Cheng The Nerd wrote:
      Personally I hate Korra since she was a hot headed and stubborn bitch. Let's not forget how ignorant  and narrow minded she was in season 2 when she thought that supporting the south was going to solve the Civil. And she accused Mako for taking sides, THAT'S WHAT STARTED THE SHIT IN THE FIRST.

      Unaloq was right about one thing. The Avatar is supposed to be neutral. I mean she can control all four element. The whole concept of the Avatar is to bring together the Four Nation and ensure that the is peace between them. She also should have understood that the United Republic or the other nation had no place to meddle into the affair of the Water Tribes. So instead of being a war hungry bitch she should her tried to resolve the conflict peacefully.

      So as much as Korra is a cool character, she is by far the worst Avatar ever.

      Also, I hate Asami. i just get weird vibes when I see her and read about her in fanfics. I als think she looks like a thirsty ho.

      Her family and her home was under threat by Unaloq, I'd react the same way in her shoes, or go further by overthrowing President Raiko and getting military aid for the Southern Water Tribe anyway possible. The Northern Water Tribe was occupying the Southern tribe with an army when something like happens the other nations would be right to intervene unless another Ozai happens with Unaloq.


      Plus Aang wasn't neutral in the war, neither was Kyoshi whn her home was under threat. Sometimes the Avatar has to take sides in a conflict and not be neutral.

      I do not think Korra is the worst Avatar, some would say that's Aang cause he didn't kill Ozai and Yakone.

      How can you hate Asami?

      okay firstly, I guess I see your point. Maybe it's because I couldn't stand her hot headed personality.

      Secondly, I just get weird vibes when I see Asami. I know she's a sweet heart and all but I just get weird vibes. And like I said, she looks like a thirsty ho

      Well I found her hot headed personalty understandable considering what was going on in the Southern Water Tribe in Book 2 and I preferred that over her personalty later on in the show.


      I don't think Asami looks like a thirsty ho and she was one of my favourite characters in the show.

        Loading editor
    • maybe it's the makeup. I dunno.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Asami looks like a thirsty ho and she was one of my favourite characters in the show.

      Well, there's also the fact that whether or not someone is promiscuous and sexually desperate is impossible to tell by just looking at them; and Neo Bahamut's assessment of such a judgment up-thread pretty much says it all.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I think Mako fits that description most, but I'm not judging him. Well, I'm not judging him for that specifically.

      There's probably something to be said about equating feminine fashion with being a "thirsty ho," but someone else is gonna have to do it, because I'm drawing a blank.

        Loading editor
    • Cheng The Nerd wrote:

      Also, I hate Asami. I als think she looks like a thirsty ho.

      Would you hate her less if she looked well-hydrated?

        Loading editor
    • I dunno 🤷‍♀️ I just get these negative vibes on her

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      There's probably something to be said about equating feminine fashion with being a "thirsty ho," but someone else is gonna have to do it, because I'm drawing a blank.

      It carries with it the implication that women only wear makeup (while anyone who wears obvious makeup is likely to catch guff for it, it's going to be of a different—if similarly nasty—sort of guff if you're not perceived as female) on account of being desperate for attention, generally from men. (And it's safe to say that people's issue with Asami's character design is with her wearing lipstick and eyeshadow:  When she's not dressed for a day at the office, she's dressed like a biker, neither of which is all that femme)  Which, in turn, carries with it the insinuation that if the attention she receives is of the "harassment or worse" variety, she's somehow to blame for going out looking like that.

      And when it comes right down to it?  That's...kind of pretty damn misogynistic.

        Loading editor
    • Her outfits seem to run the gamut, for example this little number. Also, that sounds like what I would've said if I were competent, yeah.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      Her outfits seem to run the gamut, for example this little number. Also, that sounds like what I would've said if I were competent, yeah.

      That's what I consider one of her "day at the office" outfits.  At least from my perspective, it scans as an Avatarverse business suit.

        Loading editor
    • I picked it because, as far as I can recall, she has no business related stuff going on at that time. I mean, it could be used as a business suit.

        Loading editor
    • If you ask me?  It kind of looked like she got pulled into an adventure on her lunch break.

        Loading editor
    • It's from when they were in Zaofu, if you don't recognize it.

        Loading editor
    • Korra scrabbling desperately at the wall with her novice metalbending made that pretty clear.  It remains that Asami looks as if she got dragged out of the company cafeteria into an adventure.

        Loading editor
    • Mine was probably Meelo. Damn, I'm glad Aang died before finding out his grandson is a fartbender. Such a disgusting and useless character. Makes me want to smash my monitor every time I see him.

        Loading editor
    • lol 😂

        Loading editor
    • president raiko is my hated character. he is just a dick. he wasn't good or nice in any time that i can remember. 

        Loading editor
    • LanguageVaulter wrote:
      Mine was probably Meelo. Damn, I'm glad Aang died before finding out his grandson is a fartbender. Such a disgusting and useless character. Makes me want to smash my monitor every time I see him.


        Loading editor
    • Nadav Nakash wrote:
      LanguageVaulter wrote:
      Mine was probably Meelo. Damn, I'm glad Aang died before finding out his grandson is a fartbender. Such a disgusting and useless character. Makes me want to smash my monitor every time I see him.


      how?????? i love him!! he is so funny!! and the fartbending is the most funny thing ever!!!

        Loading editor
    • Nadav Nakash wrote:
      Nadav Nakash wrote:
      LanguageVaulter wrote:
      Mine was probably Meelo. Damn, I'm glad Aang died before finding out his grandson is a fartbender. Such a disgusting and useless character. Makes me want to smash my monitor every time I see him.


      how?????? i love him!! he is so funny!! and the fartbending is the most funny thing ever!!!

      That might be your position, but other people may have different points of view. The hillarity of flatulence, especially, is an object of fierce debate among those who consider themselves as bearers of the gift of humor.

        Loading editor
    • This is my subjective opinion. 

        Loading editor
    • LanguageVaulter wrote:
      This is my subjective opinion. 

      No one denied as much.

        Loading editor
    • of course he can say his opinion. i just can't understand how you can hate meelo so i asked

        Loading editor
    • Nadav Nakash wrote:

      of course he can say his opinion. i just can't understand how you can hate meelo so i asked

      I just have no soul :C But seriously I think he is more disgusting than funny that's why. I can't really explain it.

        Loading editor
    • LanguageVaulter wrote:
      Nadav Nakash wrote:

      of course he can say his opinion. i just can't understand how you can hate meelo so i asked

      I just have no soul :C But seriously I think he is more disgusting than funny that's why. I can't really explain it.

      Are you, by chance bad in maths?

        Loading editor
    • Nadav Nakash wrote:

      of course he can say his opinion. i just can't understand how you can hate meelo so i asked

      And are you, perhaps, good in maths?

        Loading editor
    • Mathematics? You guessed it. Are you gathering statistics or something? My relashionship with math is tolerant. I still don't know multiplication tables by memory and can't divide big numbers without a calculator :C But I can do complex formulas if I understand them and if I really see that they can be applied to some specific case in our real world and in my life but in general - yes. 

        Loading editor
    • It's just, I have this theory that people with a talent for mathematics think farts are funny.

      Because, you see, I think that humor is always connected to an element of surprise, something that catches our attention. Actually, humor is not much different from getting startled by fright, that's why some people laugh when they're scared, I think.

      So, a mathematic brain is usually well-structed, a straight line, systematic, efficient... So, in order to startle them, something random and probably dumb needs to happen. Like a fart. Farts are random and low-key shock value and non-orderly and that's why calculating, orderly people are amused by them.

      Other people like me, we have brains that are more limey-wimey-wibbely-wobbely, they are based on random and chaotic systems of thought. Doesn't mean they're any less intelligent, but they'll reach the destination in anything but a straight line, they think around corners and in weird curves... It's practical if the straight path is blocked by something, but if it's not, a straight thinking person will reach what they aim for before the wibbely-wobbely brain has even started their way.

      Anyway, I think those are the people that prefer humor in form of witty dialogue and cleverly set up twists, because they suddenly see a structure and structures are unusual inside their mental planes, so it's funny.

      I am not a psychologist, or anything, by the way, so this is just random brainnoise, with very little scientific know-how to back it up.

        Loading editor
    • LanguageVaulter wrote:

      Mathematics? You guessed it. Are you gathering statistics or something? My relashionship with math is tolerant. I still don't know multiplication tables by memory and can't divide big numbers without a calculator :C But I can do complex formulas if I understand them and if I really see that they can be applied to some specific case in our real world and in my life but in general - yes. 

      I was doing great in mathematics until I got teachers that demanded we learn the formulas by hard instead of learning how they work. I'm really bad at simply learning and remembering stuff, I need to understand it.

      It's why I failed most scientific classes, in general, by the way, not because I didn't understand how stuff worked but because no one bothered to explain to me why something was named the way it was.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:

      It's just, I have this theory that people with a talent for mathematics think farts are funny.

      Because, you see, I think that humor is always connected to an element of surprise, something that catches our attention. Actually, humor is not much different from getting startled by fright, that's why some people laugh when they're scared, I think.

      So, a mathematic brain is usually well-structed, a straight line, systematic, efficient... So, in order to startle them, something random and probably dumb needs to happen. Like a fart. Farts are random and low-key shock value and non-orderly and that's why calculating, orderly people are amused by them.

      Other people like me, we have brains that are more limey-wimey-wibbely-wobbely, they are based on random and chaotic systems of thought. Doesn't mean they're any less intelligent, but they'll reach the destination in anything but a straight line, they think around corners and in weird curves... It's practical if the straight path is blocked by something, but if it's not, a straight thinking person will reach what they aim for before the wibbely-wobbely brain has even started their way.

      Anyway, I think those are the people that prefer humor in form of witty dialogue and cleverly set up twists, because they suddenly see a structure and structures are unusual inside their mental planes, so it's funny.

      I am not a psychologist, or anything, by the way, so this is just random brainnoise, with very little scientific know-how to back it up.

      ... Okay ... 

        Loading editor
    • The part about humor being linked to surprise is true, but beyond that, probably not. Anxious laughter is believed to be a subconscious attempt to reduce stress, or to project a sense of control & confidence when you really have neither. As far as I can tell, in the winner for Most Ridiculous Thing Anyone Has Ever Made Me Google, nobody has proposed an explanation for why some people consider farts funny & others don't, but it's probably cultural.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Nadav Nakash wrote:

      of course he can say his opinion. i just can't understand how you can hate meelo so i asked

      And are you, perhaps, good in maths?

      yes... i am very good in math

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:

      The part about humor being linked to surprise is true, but beyond that, probably not. Anxious laughter is believed to be a subconscious attempt to reduce stress, or to project a sense of control & confidence when you really have neither. As far as I can tell, in the winner for Most Ridiculous Thing Anyone Has Ever Made Me Google, nobody has proposed an explanation for why some people consider farts funny & others don't, but it's probably cultural.




      Wouldn't that be a fun topic for research though? Deciphering someones sense of humor and figuring out what it tells about a person?

        Loading editor
    • Theory confirmed XD

        Loading editor
    • I happen to be an incredibly stable genius.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message