FANDOM


  •    My Top 3 favorite characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender are Suki, Azula, and Katara (all of them happen to be female). Suki’s relationship with Sokka (both non-bending warriors) was a feel-good, perseverant, persistent, and resilient one. I love Azula because she is a beautiful, badass, calm (when sane), crazy, competitive, complicated, emotional (when insane) sexy, and smart firebending prodigy. I think that she is the best and most versatile character in the entire franchise. I love Katara for the same reasons as Azula except for the fact that she is not insane.

       Who are your Top 3 Favorite Avatar: The Last Airbender characters? Please feel free to reply below.

      Loading editor
    • 1. Zuko

      Zuko went through the most change throughout the series, making him a versatile character and you get to track his progress. The ending of Season 2 was a big hit in the gut, Zuko - style, after his defection to the Fire Nation again. 

      2. Sokka

      Sokka feels the most like me: Decently smart, always getting into trouble and feeling like the stick - in - the - mud who always wants the team to focus on what we're doing rather than go off on tangents. Also, I love stabbing peop - I mean, I'm a weapons fanatic. 

      3. Iroh

      Iroh is humor and wisdom incarnate. He carries around the burden of losing his son in an ill - fated attack on Ba Sing Se (which is portrayed well in the Adventures of Ba Sing Se episode), as well as good life advice. Coming from an exiled ex - Fire Lord, he's a pretty great character, and mixes funny comedy with the mentor character he plays, adding just a tinge of sadness. 

        Loading editor
    • My 1st is Aang for sure. Not clear about the others

        Loading editor
    • 1. Iroh: Awesome character voiced by an awesome dude{RIP Mako I}

      2. Katara: my favorite female character besides Korra. Toph is overrated IMO and Katara is cooler and more badass to me.

      3. Aang: cool guy and the Avatar.

        Loading editor
    • Doratchi
      Doratchi removed this reply because:
      lk
      22:24, May 25, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Doratchi wrote:
      Katara prolly be my second, but I didn't figured out yet if she's slut or not

      Uhh, what?

        Loading editor
    • Doratchi
      Doratchi removed this reply because:
      kg
      22:24, May 25, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

        Loading editor
    • AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt? And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

        Loading editor
    • Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt?

      And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

      I don't know where you got "Katara is a slut" from her being 16 and kissing Aang. She bonded with him over the course of a long time. What is strange about that?

        Loading editor
    • Aang, simply because he's the Avatar and Last Airbender.

      Yue, because she's Sokka's first love.

      Toph, who invented Metalbending.

        Loading editor
    • AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt?

      And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

      I don't know where you got "Katara is a slut" from her being 16 and kissing Aang. She bonded with him over the course of a long time. What is strange about that?

      I just wrote it, she is getting in bond too easly. And she said she wasn't intrested in Ember island and acted like she doesn't care before, and then she just changing her mind Any idea why?

        Loading editor
    • 1: Azula

      2: Azula

      3: Azula 

        Loading editor
    • Huu

      Mayor Tong (from "Avatar Day")

      THE BOULDER 

        Loading editor
    • Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt?

      And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

      I don't know where you got "Katara is a slut" from her being 16 and kissing Aang. She bonded with him over the course of a long time. What is strange about that?
      I just wrote it, she is getting in bond too easly. And she said she wasn't intrested in Ember island and acted like she doesn't care before, and then she just changing her mind

      Any idea why?

      She, and every single member of Team Avatar, hated the way that the Ember Island Players portrayed them. And how do you make the connection between "Katara might have flip - flopped on  her opinion" to "Katara is a slut". I mean, she traveled with Aang for 9 months, and not once was there anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship. They didn't even care about their future once they defeated Ozai. That's when their romantic relationship began. 

        Loading editor
    • AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt?

      And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

      I don't know where you got "Katara is a slut" from her being 16 and kissing Aang. She bonded with him over the course of a long time. What is strange about that?
      I just wrote it, she is getting in bond too easly. And she said she wasn't intrested in Ember island and acted like she doesn't care before, and then she just changing her mind

      Any idea why?

      She, and every single member of Team Avatar, hated the way that the Ember Island Players portrayed them. And how do you make the connection between "Katara might have flip - flopped on  her opinion" to "Katara is a slut". I mean, she traveled with Aang for 9 months, and not once was there anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship. They didn't even care about their future once they defeated Ozai. That's when their romantic relationship began. 

      Ah, sorry, but it's not answering any of my questions

        Loading editor
    • Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:


      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt?

      And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

      I don't know where you got "Katara is a slut" from her being 16 and kissing Aang. She bonded with him over the course of a long time. What is strange about that?
      I just wrote it, she is getting in bond too easly. And she said she wasn't intrested in Ember island and acted like she doesn't care before, and then she just changing her mind

      Any idea why?

      She, and every single member of Team Avatar, hated the way that the Ember Island Players portrayed them. And how do you make the connection between "Katara might have flip - flopped on  her opinion" to "Katara is a slut". I mean, she traveled with Aang for 9 months, and not once was there anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship. They didn't even care about their future once they defeated Ozai. That's when their romantic relationship began. 
      Ah, sorry, but it's not answering any of my questions

      If you can't deduce the answer to your questions from the paragraph, then you need to return to English class. But let me spell it out for you:

      1. She is not "getting in bond too easily", because firstly, you can't do that. And secondly, she spent 95% of 9 months living with one guy that she got to know insanely well. Trauma, and fighting alongside one person, changes your perspective on that person, and if you're 16, then go ahead and date him. 

      2. At no point during the Ember Island Play was she ever liking what the plot had to offer. She never liked it, and therefore didn't flip flop between liking it and disliking it. She HATED it, and for good reason. 

        Loading editor
    • MelioraValidus wrote: 1: Azula

      2: Azula

      3: Azula 

      You don't have any secondary favorites?!

        Loading editor
    • AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:


      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt?

      And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

      I don't know where you got "Katara is a slut" from her being 16 and kissing Aang. She bonded with him over the course of a long time. What is strange about that?
      I just wrote it, she is getting in bond too easly. And she said she wasn't intrested in Ember island and acted like she doesn't care before, and then she just changing her mind

      Any idea why?

      She, and every single member of Team Avatar, hated the way that the Ember Island Players portrayed them. And how do you make the connection between "Katara might have flip - flopped on  her opinion" to "Katara is a slut". I mean, she traveled with Aang for 9 months, and not once was there anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship. They didn't even care about their future once they defeated Ozai. That's when their romantic relationship began. 
      Ah, sorry, but it's not answering any of my questions

      If you can't deduce the answer to your questions from the paragraph, then you need to return to English class. But let me spell it out for you:

      1. She is not "getting in bond too easily", because firstly, you can't do that. And secondly, she spent 95% of 9 months living with one guy that she got to know insanely well. Trauma, and fighting alongside one person, changes your perspective on that person, and if you're 16, then go ahead and date him. 

      2. At no point during the Ember Island Play was she ever liking what the plot had to offer. She never liked it, and therefore didn't flip flop between liking it and disliking it. She HATED it, and for good reason. 

      Looks like you are the one who need to return their. First of all Katara is 15. 2. I never talked about the play, I talked about she told Aang she isn't intrested, in the balcony. Who cares if she liked the show 3. You wrote "anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship", that's obviously wrong, I don't need to show you what happend in each epsiodes (actually I think thats great that they had hard times together, that make the love stronger)

      My only question was what changed from the rest of the series which she prefer her tribe and other boys, and from what happend in The southern raiders and on Ember Island Players to the very end of the series I mean I really liked them at first but now it feels strange for me Its not feel like a simple from good friends to couple change

        Loading editor
    • Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:


      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:


      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt?

      And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

      I don't know where you got "Katara is a slut" from her being 16 and kissing Aang. She bonded with him over the course of a long time. What is strange about that?
      I just wrote it, she is getting in bond too easly. And she said she wasn't intrested in Ember island and acted like she doesn't care before, and then she just changing her mind

      Any idea why?

      She, and every single member of Team Avatar, hated the way that the Ember Island Players portrayed them. And how do you make the connection between "Katara might have flip - flopped on  her opinion" to "Katara is a slut". I mean, she traveled with Aang for 9 months, and not once was there anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship. They didn't even care about their future once they defeated Ozai. That's when their romantic relationship began. 
      Ah, sorry, but it's not answering any of my questions
      If you can't deduce the answer to your questions from the paragraph, then you need to return to English class. But let me spell it out for you:

      1. She is not "getting in bond too easily", because firstly, you can't do that. And secondly, she spent 95% of 9 months living with one guy that she got to know insanely well. Trauma, and fighting alongside one person, changes your perspective on that person, and if you're 16, then go ahead and date him. 

      2. At no point during the Ember Island Play was she ever liking what the plot had to offer. She never liked it, and therefore didn't flip flop between liking it and disliking it. She HATED it, and for good reason. 

      Looks like you are the one who need to return their.

      First of all Katara is 15. 2. I never talked about the play, I talked about she told Aang she isn't intrested, in the balcony. Who cares if she liked the show 3. You wrote "anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship", that's obviously wrong, I don't need to show you what happend in each epsiodes (actually I think thats great that they had hard times together, that make the love stronger)

      My only question was what changed from the rest of the series which she prefer her tribe and other boys, and from what happend in The southern raiders and on Ember Island Players to the very end of the series I mean I really liked them at first but now it feels strange for me Its not feel like a simple from good friends to couple change

      How can you say I need to return to English class when you can't use proper punctuation. Hell, in your first sentence, you misuse the word "their". Also, your points aren't very clear, especially in the second paragraph. I have no idea what you're trying to prove. And yes, while Aang did have a crush on Katara, she didn't totally reciprocate until the final episode. Even in "The Cave of Two Lovers", they didn't really want to kiss, until the final moment when they did. 

        Loading editor
    • How can you say I need to return to English class when you can't use proper punctuation.

      I see I'm not the only one who noticed that.

      Also, your points aren't very clear, especially in the second paragraph. I have no idea what you're trying to prove.

      Towards the end of the episode Ember Island Players, Aang asks her how she feels about him & she remarks that she's "confused" or "unsure" or something. But that's the only part of this argument I'm having any luck translating.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      How can you say I need to return to English class when you can't use proper punctuation.

      I see I'm not the only one who noticed that.


      Also, your points aren't very clear, especially in the second paragraph. I have no idea what you're trying to prove.

      Towards the end of the episode Ember Island Players, Aang asks her how she feels about him & she remarks that she's "confused" or "unsure" or something. But that's the only part of this argument I'm having any luck translating.

      What I'm gathering from the argument is that Doratchi is claiming that Katara is a slut, because she is unsure of how she feels about Aang, but she "flip flops" and loves him by the end. That's just either puberty or her realizing her true feelings. But do you know what a slut means? It's someone who will cheat on their boyfriend with everyone with male genitalia. That's not Katara at all. She didn't reciprocate Aang's love until the final season of ATLA. That doesn't seem slut - ish to me. 

        Loading editor
    • 1. ZUKO definitly;

      He went through a lot of character development, and actually had an interesting backstory, I'm not saying that the other ATLA's backstories aren't interesting, but I'm referring to other shows that are so overly cliche. He started out like "UNCLE HAVE YOU FOUND MY HONOR YET!?!??!" to "Now I know that this is not right, I must help the Avatar, to help the world" But the largest reason... that season 3 hair... Excuse me while my heart melts.


      2. Aang;

      He, even if he might SUPPOSED to be the peace-maker, was extremely kind, and went through a lot of development throughout the story, like when Appa was stolen by sandbenders; he started out in unimaginable anger and pain, to almost no feelings, to positive character development. I'm glad he spared everyone through there, because he, just like myself, believes all life deserves to be spared, and loved.


      3. Iroh;

      ADMIRE Iroh's wisdom and character development over time. He has truly shown he is a very wise, and caring man throughout the series, he, along with Aang and Katara, loved to help people (as seen in Tales of BaSingSe), not to mention his heart touching moment whilst singing 'Leaves From the Vine'. And top it all off... perfectly timed stupid moments; "I know you shouldn't cry over spilled tea, but... *sniffs*".

        Loading editor
    • On second thought, I'm in a battle between picking Aang, Toph, and Sokka for 2nd place.

        Loading editor
    • Pokenerd2267 wrote: On second thought, I'm in a battle between picking Aang, Toph, and Sokka for 2nd place.

      Sokka's often looked down upon because he lacks bending abilities, but he's adaptable and underestimated.

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:

      Pokenerd2267 wrote: On second thought, I'm in a battle between picking Aang, Toph, and Sokka for 2nd place.

      Sokka's often looked down upon because he lacks bending abilities, but he's adaptable and underestimated.

      I agree, Sokka is definately a great character ^u^ (IMO)

        Loading editor
    • What I'm gathering from the argument is that Doratchi is claiming that Katara is a slut, because she is unsure of how she feels about Aang, but she "flip flops" and loves him by the end. That's just either puberty or her realizing her true feelings.

      Or exacerbating a foregone conclusion for the sake of forcing drama.

      But do you know what a slut means?

      An artificial term denoting that the user thinks a woman has "too much" sex according to some arbitrary standard?

      That's not Katara at all. She didn't reciprocate Aang's love until the final season of ATLA. That doesn't seem slut - ish to me.

      Other than the point about Katara not reciprocating, I would agree, the claim makes no sense aside from being pretty vulgar.

      Oh, if you, the peanut gallery, wonders why I haven't answered the thread topic yet, it's because I can't decide between Iroh, Ty Lee, Toph, or Sokka for the position of my 3rd favorite. My 1st & 2nd are Zuko & Azula, respectively.

        Loading editor
    • There isn't really a character I hate in the series, aside from the obviously evil folk, General Fong, the Dai Li and Long Feng. But Korra makes it easy for me. 

      1. Bolin

      2. Tenzin

      3. Varrick

        Loading editor
    • AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:

      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:


      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote:


      Doratchi wrote:

      AvatarAero wrote: Even if this "kids show" targets older audiences, they're not going to turn Katara into a prostitute. I think you need to block DeviantArt on your computer or something, man. 

      What is DeviantArt?

      And I wasn't talking about all this non-sense fan fictions it's just I really liked her reletionship with Aang but now it's feel strange for me Maybe I need a re-watch

      I don't know where you got "Katara is a slut" from her being 16 and kissing Aang. She bonded with him over the course of a long time. What is strange about that?
      I just wrote it, she is getting in bond too easly. And she said she wasn't intrested in Ember island and acted like she doesn't care before, and then she just changing her mind

      Any idea why?

      She, and every single member of Team Avatar, hated the way that the Ember Island Players portrayed them. And how do you make the connection between "Katara might have flip - flopped on  her opinion" to "Katara is a slut". I mean, she traveled with Aang for 9 months, and not once was there anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship. They didn't even care about their future once they defeated Ozai. That's when their romantic relationship began. 
      Ah, sorry, but it's not answering any of my questions
      If you can't deduce the answer to your questions from the paragraph, then you need to return to English class. But let me spell it out for you:

      1. She is not "getting in bond too easily", because firstly, you can't do that. And secondly, she spent 95% of 9 months living with one guy that she got to know insanely well. Trauma, and fighting alongside one person, changes your perspective on that person, and if you're 16, then go ahead and date him. 

      2. At no point during the Ember Island Play was she ever liking what the plot had to offer. She never liked it, and therefore didn't flip flop between liking it and disliking it. She HATED it, and for good reason. 

      Looks like you are the one who need to return their.

      First of all Katara is 15. 2. I never talked about the play, I talked about she told Aang she isn't intrested, in the balcony. Who cares if she liked the show 3. You wrote "anything more than friendliness and happiness in their relationship", that's obviously wrong, I don't need to show you what happend in each epsiodes (actually I think thats great that they had hard times together, that make the love stronger)

      My only question was what changed from the rest of the series which she prefer her tribe and other boys, and from what happend in The southern raiders and on Ember Island Players to the very end of the series I mean I really liked them at first but now it feels strange for me Its not feel like a simple from good friends to couple change

      How can you say I need to return to English class when you can't use proper punctuation. Hell, in your first sentence, you misuse the word "their". Also, your points aren't very clear, especially in the second paragraph. I have no idea what you're trying to prove. And yes, while Aang did have a crush on Katara, she didn't totally reciprocate until the final episode. Even in "The Cave of Two Lovers", they didn't really want to kiss, until the final moment when they did. 

      English is not my first language, I will do better next time

      What Im trying to say is the way she's changing is too fast, I know we had few hints like when she got jelous in the dance party, but it seems that just like she had crush on Jet because he was great worrior and leader etc. And now this quick change look like because Aang changed the same way

      If you thought I meant a real prostitute- my fault

        Loading editor
    • Pokenerd2267 wrote:

      Aggression25 wrote:

      Pokenerd2267 wrote: On second thought, I'm in a battle between picking Aang, Toph, and Sokka for 2nd place.

      Sokka's often looked down upon because he lacks bending abilities, but he's adaptable and underestimated.

      I agree, Sokka is definately a great character ^u^ (IMO)

      How else did he become a member of the United Republic Council as a representative of the South Pole?

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:

      Pokenerd2267 wrote:

      Aggression25 wrote:

      Pokenerd2267 wrote: On second thought, I'm in a battle between picking Aang, Toph, and Sokka for 2nd place.

      Sokka's often looked down upon because he lacks bending abilities, but he's adaptable and underestimated.
      I agree, Sokka is definately a great character ^u^ (IMO)
      How else did he become a member of the United Republic Council as a representative of the South Pole?

      Well, he was a member of Team Avatar, and one of the most important orchestrators of the victory in the battle against the Fire Nation. He really developed over the 9 months as a leader, and a strategizer. I think he is one of the most important Avatar characters. 

        Loading editor
    • Hmm this is a hard question.

      Id say Iroh, Zuko and Sokka in no particular order. Azula is close to them too. It's just hard to choose when you have a lot of great characters. Toph for instance is great in every way possible. If Id have to pick id say Zuko becuase he is the most complex and goes through the most chnage.

        Loading editor
    • Zuko goes through changes on account of being a teenager.

        Loading editor
    • Aggression25 wrote:
      Zuko goes through changes on account of being a teenager.


      Only partially.

      He goes through changes because he originates from a family with a whole lot of issues. It just so happens that he was becoming a teenager as he was being banished and as he was starting to understand his role within the royal family, the royal family itself, politics and the FN.

      He basically kind of has to go through a change. Azula for instance is one year younger than him so she's pretty much at the begining of her teenage years as well but you don't see her change because her views and believes were not chalenged as they were for Zuko. She was always the favorite, she always got what she wanted etc. But with Zuko it was not the case.

      So not it was not only because he was a teen that he had to change.

        Loading editor
    • Age doesn't really have much to do with character development, it's more a matter of what the narrative needs. Lin gets a lot in Book 3 & she's I believe in her 50's, but there's a lot in that book that makes it logical to develop her. Revisiting the Earth Kingdom, the return of Varrick, escaped criminals, & of course her sister. With the original series, they needed someone who could show the redemption of the Fire Nation, so it makes sense to take the face we'd come to associate with it & bring him through this big arc to show how he got to be the way he is & how he's going to turn it around.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      Age doesn't really have much to do with character development, it's more a matter of what the narrative needs. Lin gets a lot in Book 3 & she's I believe in her 50's, but there's a lot in that book that makes it logical to develop her. Revisiting the Earth Kingdom, the return of Varrick, escaped criminals, & of course her sister. With the original series, they needed someone who could show the redemption of the Fire Nation, so it makes sense to take the face we'd come to associate with it & bring him through this big arc to show how he got to be the way he is & how he's going to turn it around.


      Agreed.

      In ATLA we needed to see that even within the Fire Nation there were good people or people willing to change or people who realised the war was bad and we got that both with Zuko and with some locals the gaang met who, while did not express a disdain for the war, I'm pretty sure did not really agree with it but it was treason to say you don't so they kept it to themselves.

        Loading editor
    • AStudyInSarcasm wrote:

      Aggression25 wrote:
      Zuko goes through changes on account of being a teenager.


      Only partially.

      He goes through changes because he originates from a family with a whole lot of issues. It just so happens that he was becoming a teenager as he was being banished and as he was starting to understand his role within the royal family, the royal family itself, politics and the FN.

      He basically kind of has to go through a change. Azula for instance is one year younger than him so she's pretty much at the begining of her teenage years as well but you don't see her change because her views and believes were not chalenged as they were for Zuko. She was always the favorite, she always got what she wanted etc. But with Zuko it was not the case.

      So not it was not only because he was a teen that he had to change.

      He started with everything, then one mistake his father perceived as disrespect towards him led to his banishment, three years away from home, having to deal with the rest of the world while finding a person almost impossible to find just to be able to return home, and then learning from those that suffered because of his family and the war that not everything is as simple as he thought, and then, after returning home and regaining everything, he finds himself unhappy, and then betrays his father in favor of ending the war.

      To get back to the top of the mountain, you gotta start at the bottom of the barrel.

        Loading editor
    • My top 3:

      3. Sokka

      Great comic relief; he's goofy, but not constantly, and he has many great serious moments and a good character arc. He starts off as a goofy, sarcastic, skeptical guy average Joe Southern Water Triber. In the end, he's matured quite a bit, he became brave (I wouldn't say he was exactly cowardly to start out, but he wasn't quite brave), he became wiser... 

      2. Aang

      Again, for his character arc (which one could argue was fairly lacking, but I partially disagree).

      He was a kid afraid of his responsibilities in the beginnning. By the end of the show, he became stronger, braver, wiser, calmer.. He's a goof, but he knows when it's time to be serious. 

      1. Zuko

      BEST CHARACTER ARC EVER

      They portrayed his struggle between right and wrong throughout the whole show perfectly. His is definitely the most interesting story in the whole show, even more so than the actual point of the show - defeat the Fire Lord. Also, he's hot... Yes, I went that shallow...

        Loading editor
    • EmeraldLion wrote:
      My top 3:

      3. Sokka

      Great comic relief; he's goofy, but not constantly, and he has many great serious moments and a good character arc. He starts off as a goofy, sarcastic, skeptical guy average Joe Southern Water Triber. In the end, he's matured quite a bit, he became brave (I wouldn't say he was exactly cowardly to start out, but he wasn't quite brave), he became wiser... 

      2. Aang

      Again, for his character arc (which one could argue was fairly lacking, but I partially disagree).

      He was a kid afraid of his responsibilities in the beginnning. By the end of the show, he became stronger, braver, wiser, calmer.. He's a goof, but he knows when it's time to be serious. 

      1. Zuko

      BEST CHARACTER ARC EVER

      They portrayed his struggle between right and wrong throughout the whole show perfectly. His is definitely the most interesting story in the whole show, even more so than the actual point of the show - defeat the Fire Lord. Also, he's hot... Yes, I went that shallow...

      That's literally my list, except I put Sokka higher and Iroh at 3. 

        Loading editor
    • [1 Zuko] [2 Aang, Toph]

        Loading editor
    • 1) Azula-I remember having crush on him :D Smart, beautiful, attractive, coolheaded, mastermind strategist, cute, prodigy child, took largest city on earth by him self. She was an example of careful planner and brilliant tactican. Whenever I played strategy games, be it EU III and EU IV (a.k.a. Genocide simulator) or TW series, creating vast empires, I would ask my self "gee, what would Azula do on my place?". Literally most based character of the series.

      2) sokka-the most mature member of the team. His progress was good as well.

      3)the cabbage guy

      I found rest of the characters more or less annoying, tbqh.

        Loading editor
    • Ju Di

      Stamp Lady

      Bear

        Loading editor
    • Your favorite, or your least favorite? 

      Also, who is the stamp lady? Is that the one from before they enter Ba Sing Se?

        Loading editor
    • Yes

        Loading editor
    • Azula is not a him, my friend.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, this was a tough time for me, there were so many people who were close to getting a spot in my ranking. Toph, Sokka and Katara almost made it in my list, but I feel like the ones I added in the list are thoe ones that I've really loved the most. Also, before Azula appeared and before Zuko changed sides, Toph was in 3rd place, Katara in 2nd place and Aang in 1st place.

      Anyways, enough of me telling the past, here's my top 3.

      3. Aang 

      Cause he's the Avatar. My entire childhood. I've always loved his playful side, but what I loved about him was that he's burdened to save the world as the Last Airbender. I remember when he was struggling on how to defeat Ozai, that must've been a hard time for him. Plus, I like his title, the Last Airbender, and I love his airbending skills.

      2. Azula

      I think this is pretty self explanatory. Jk imma explain. Ever since Azula showed up in the series, there was like soooo many episodes involving her trying to capture Aang cause his dad sent her on a mission. And I loved every single second she appeared in episodes. She was this perfect-firebending-prodigy that in literature, may probably be called a Mary Sue. But still, I like her design and I like her past, how her mother hated her and such.

      1. Zuko

      I remember when I was watxhing the series as a kid, I'd always say I love him and that I have a crush on him, and that is true! I think that out of all the characters, Zuko evolved (or changed) the most. He struggled to find what's right between wrong, and overall, I feel like he gets the most character development out of all the characters in the Avatar franchise.

        Loading editor
    • One thing: Ursa did not "hate" Azula. She had a preference towards Zuko, who most took after her in temperament, but she loved both of her children. It's quite the opposite, actually - It is Ozai who openly despised Zuko.

      I also don't know that I would say Azula necessarily would be described as a Mary-Sue. Yes, she's a fire-bending prodigy, but she's also a violent, sadistic psychopath. Also, while what exactly a "Mary Sue" is can be somewhat subjective in terms of the specifics, one defining characteristic is an apparent ability by their very presence to cause things to go their way, regardless of how impossible that would otherwise be - and events actually very rarely go Azula's way in ATLA - she consistently fails in her efforts to capture Aang, and even at the end of Book 2 when she and Zuko succeed in capturing Ba Sing Se(after failing to do so at least once), they still fail to either capture or kill Team Avatar. She almost succeeds, but almost doesn't count.

        Loading editor
    • I would say

      1. Iroh

      He is just a great mentor for Zuko and I can't think of a time in the series where he DIDN'T make the right decision

      2. The cabbage man

      He had to suffer so many times and after the series, he was just like "Now my time has come" and he founded one of the biggest companies of the Avatar World. And, of course, he was hilarious

      3. Ty Lee

      Not just that she had fighting skills which knocked down a whole elite team of Earthbenders, but she also showed great courage when she resisted Azula

        Loading editor
    • DrachenRitter42 wrote:
      One thing: Ursa did not "hate" Azula. She had a preference towards Zuko, who most took after her in temperament, but she loved both of her children. It's quite the opposite, actually - It is Ozai who openly despised Zuko.

      I also don't know that I would say Azula necessarily would be described as a Mary-Sue. Yes, she's a fire-bending prodigy, but she's also a violent, sadistic psychopath. Also, while what exactly a "Mary Sue" is can be somewhat subjective in terms of the specifics, one defining characteristic is an apparent ability by their very presence to cause things to go their way, regardless of how impossible that would otherwise be - and events actually very rarely go Azula's way in ATLA - she consistently fails in her efforts to capture Aang, and even at the end of Book 2 when she and Zuko succeed in capturing Ba Sing Se(after failing to do so at least once), they still fail to either capture or kill Team Avatar. She almost succeeds, but almost doesn't count.

      Sorry, I didn't make it too clear. I meant that on her point of view, her mother thinks that she's a monster. I know that Ursa didn't hate her, I probably just didn't use the right words.

      Also, about the Mary Sue thing, I meant probably. I didn't say that "In literature, she's a Mary Sue". What I'm saying about her being Mary Sue is her childhood. Most of her childhood life was probably perfect for her; she always had her dad's support, she was a firebending prodigy and such, a princess and a skilled fighter.

      I know that her later life, going on a mission of chasing and hunting the Avatar down didn't work as she failed quite a lot of times, but c'mon. Azula almost killed Aang, which was probably one of her goals. I'd say things don't usually go her way unless it was planned. Remember the Day of the Black Sun? She had every move anticipated, preventing Aang from reaching his dad. 

        Loading editor
    • 1) Zuko

      2) Aang

      3) Iroh

        Loading editor
    • I'll say Zuko, Iroh and Sokka, though many others come close.

      Completely agree that Ursa did not hate Azula, nor did she put in no effort to help her.

      The ones that come close include but are not limited to Katara, Aang,Koh,Piandao,Huu from the swamp, Yangchen and Ran and Shaw.

        Loading editor
    • 1) Katara - mature, motherly, and with a strong sense of justice

      2) Aang - easily the nicest member of Team Avatar, plus all the character development he goes through

      3) Iroh - goes right up there in the best mentors list, joining Alpha Trion, Ratchet, Merlin and Dumbledore

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message