FANDOM


  • It's have a long time sense my last conversation on this site. I returned again here. 

    my question is which do you prefer?

    Male or female waterbender?

    male or female firebender?

    male or female earthbender?

    male or female airbender?

    male or female nonbender?

      Loading editor
    • This is my first avatar conversation online, so I'm a bit nervous.

      I prefer a male earthbender.

      I prefer a female waterbender.

      I prefer a female firebender.

      I prefer a male "arrowed" airbender.

      I don't really have a preference on nonbenders, as long as they have cool gadgets/weapons.

        Loading editor
    • If I like a character, I like the character; if I don't, I don't (although my view on a given character is certainly subject to change).  For the most part, I couldn't give less of a flip about gender and bending ability or lack thereof.

      That said, I'd argue that firebender ladies and earthbender dudes are underrepresented.

        Loading editor
    • I really like female air and water benders. Air and water bending are quick and precise, so when the bender is a small female you know they will be good. I agree with male earthbending, it's the stubbornness to it where the bender is unmovable is just what I think fits.

        Loading editor
    • I would aggree, but toph kinda proved that earthbending women are tough, I think a positive firebending female role would be better than half of the fire dudes(not including iroh). And we have'nt seen a good male waterbender yet.

        Loading editor
    • Deist Zealot wrote:
      If I like a character, I like the character; if I don't, I don't (although my view on a given character is certainly subject to change).  For the most part, I couldn't give less of a flip about gender and bending ability or lack thereof.

      That said, I'd argue that firebender ladies and earthbender dudes are underrepresented.

      THIS. I especially agree with the statement that female firebenders are woefully underrepresented, especially as the only example thereof we have that I can recall (excluding Korra and that one female Fire Avatar we see one time) is Azula.

        Loading editor
    • Ehhhh, I don't really have a gender preference 

        Loading editor
    • DrachenRitter42 wrote:
      Deist Zealot wrote:
      If I like a character, I like the character; if I don't, I don't (although my view on a given character is certainly subject to change).  For the most part, I couldn't give less of a flip about gender and bending ability or lack thereof.

      That said, I'd argue that firebender ladies and earthbender dudes are underrepresented.

      THIS. I especially agree with the statement that female firebenders are woefully underrepresented, especially as the only example thereof we have that I can recall (excluding Korra and that one female Fire Avatar we see one time) is Azula.

      You excluded korra as a firebender. because she's the avatar?

        Loading editor
    • Precisely. Other than the Avatars, the only significant firebender we got in the series is Zuko's vicious, psychotic sadist kid sister (caveat: We have no idea whether or not Izumi is a firebender, though it is likely. Thus, I don't count her either).

        Loading editor
    • I think that sounds reasonable, there were'nt that many firebending characters in general other than one sided villians and jon jon, Aangs first firebending teacher from season one

      But when it comes to counting avatars as benders of a specific element, I only count avatars that specialize in that element. If I was asked to list all airbenders, I would include Aang, I would'nt include Korra. For her I'd say she's a Water/Fire avatar.

        Loading editor
    • @Pyro: So do I, with the caveat of a bias towards their native element - if they specialize in multiple elements, I consider that their native element would trump anything else.

      With Kyoshi, Roku, and Aang, it's easy because their native element was the one they specialized in based on known feats.

      In Korra's case, her specialty is primarily Water and Firebending. So I would count her as a waterbender because she's a waterbender by birth, even though she uses firebending as much as waterbending in combat.

        Loading editor
    • I respect that.

        Loading editor
    • BluePyro284 wrote:
      I would aggree, but toph kinda proved that earthbending women are tough, I think a positive firebending female role would be better than half of the fire dudes(not including iroh). And we have'nt seen a good male waterbender yet.

      Pakku is a good male waterbender how about tonraq or unalaq

      I preffer female waterbender, male earthbender, male firebender female airbender (but also male airbender I can't decide)

        Loading editor
    • I guess pachu had some depth, he did seem unlikable at first but in the end he was good, unalog on the other hand I found flat bidder, and unlike aman he didn't have any reason or justification for why he was bad. So I don't like him very much. Aman was an exellent as male waterbender and character, though.

        Loading editor
    • but tonraq is good male waterbender

        Loading editor
    • I honestly have a fairly neutral opinion of him, he seems like a good guy, I only saw him really waterbend once or twice so I don't know his skill level.

        Loading editor
    • oh I thinnk his skill lvl is high sinse he was fighting barbarians in NWT and he batteled zaheer (as long as he could I think long enough for a good waterbending lvl) he fought the rebel spirit and remmember his fight with unalaq I think it was pertty good

        Loading editor
    • DrachenRitter42 wrote:
      Deist Zealot wrote:
      If I like a character, I like the character; if I don't, I don't (although my view on a given character is certainly subject to change).  For the most part, I couldn't give less of a flip about gender and bending ability or lack thereof.

      That said, I'd argue that firebender ladies and earthbender dudes are underrepresented.

      THIS. I especially agree with the statement that female firebenders are woefully underrepresented, especially as the only example thereof we have that I can recall (excluding Korra and that one female Fire Avatar we see one time) is Azula.

      You mean actual example at all, or example who doesn't get a good all-around narrative shortchanging despite being an alleged secondary antagonist? 

      Because if it's the former, I could mention a certain tall former child soldier with a sidecut.  If it's the latter...carry on.

        Loading editor
    • @OP

      No.

      Although I'm not a fan of female air nomad airbender master hairstyles aesthetically.

        Loading editor
    • I don't really have a preference, but I think that we need more female firebenders and male waterbenders.

        Loading editor
    • This... is an odd question. Like asking "Do you prefer male or female construction workers?" or "Do you prefer male or female politicians?" What kind of tastes or opinion are you inquiring about here?

        Loading editor
    • Supermensch wrote:
      This... is an odd question. Like asking "Do you prefer male or female construction workers?" or "Do you prefer male or female politicians?" What kind of tastes or opinion are you inquiring about here?

      I think it's "what gender and element (or lack thereof) combination are you favorably biased towards—be honest with yourself on this—or think are underrepresented in canon?"

        Loading editor
    • I don't have a preferance eaither.

        Loading editor
    • i prefer male earthbender, female for water, fire and air, and male/female for non-bender :)

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, both are powerful in their own way. Make them work in concert, and they're unstoppable. The men have the strength and durability, the women have the speed and nimbleness.

        Loading editor
    • What does it matter?

        Loading editor
    • For me, it is depending on the situation.

        Loading editor
    • If I had to say spontaneously, I'd say: Male Airbender

      Female Waterbender

      Male Earthbender

      Female Firebender

      Non-bender... I don't prefer one here, I find Sokka good as well as Asami (because these two are the most important non benders as i think, it works with everyone else as well)

        Loading editor
    • Now that I think about it, we didn't see any good young male waterbenders (Tarrlok is too old) so male for water.

      Female for earth.

      Male for fire.

      Neutral for air.

      Female for non-bender.

      Of course, this is all gut-of the moment instinct. Who knows, really.

        Loading editor
    • I prefer benders that are interesting characters and serve the plot in some way.

        Loading editor
    • Jaxusblackrose wrote:
      I prefer benders that are interesting characters and serve the plot in some way.

      Like what I said, it's depending on situations. We can't use guys on work that only fit for ladies.

        Loading editor
    • Jaxusblackrose wrote:
      I prefer benders that are interesting characters and serve the plot in some way.

      ^

        Loading editor
    • Tricktron wrote:

      Jaxusblackrose wrote:
      I prefer benders that are interesting characters and serve the plot in some way.

      ^

      Yeah, this really.

      Except for water-I want to see more good male waterbenders.

        Loading editor
    • If cannot choose, how about take both of all four?

        Loading editor
    • For some reason when I think Water I imagine: A agile skinny girl.

        Loading editor
    • Like the scary lady in my icon, you mean?

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.