What character in A;TLA/LOK did you expect more from when introduced? Which character did you end up liking more than you thought possible?
For me, it was:
1. Katara: Okay, the first few episodes of A:TLA I saw were some of her less fantastic moments like "the runaway." Everyone in-universe made her sound like a stuck-up jerk. But as I watched more and more, I realized that Katara was great. She was nice and funny and just cool.
2. Korra: I was expecting a mean, angry jerk tbh, as talk of her being the "anti-aang" was built up. Didn't expect such an awesome girl. Love triangle crap aside, Korra is someone I'd love to be friends with.
3. Mai: Beneath that emo junk, she's not bad. Her stunt in "the boiling Rock" really impressed me.
4. Old Zuko: What a waste of fanservice this was. He did literally nothing of value.
5. Old Katara: Ugh! Reduced to a plain healer. How sad. Didn't even get to see her young adult self in action.
6. Bumi II: This guy was a letdown for sure. He's a military commander yet is a poor fighter and isn't even that clever.
7. Senna: Could she have been more dull and one-dimensional?
8. Wan; Not what I expected at all.
9. Lin: Kinda nasty at first but turned out okay. Nicer than her mom by far.
Yeah, I mean we're told she was responsible for blood bending being made illeagal. How? Was she on the Council at some point? One thing thing I've already mentioned is how I disliked Katara being ignored compared to the other old characters. I mean her old self was nothing but a healer who never really accomplished much, we saw her young adullt self in a photo only, and she wasn't even mentioned as helping stop the Red Lotus from kidnaping Korra. Not to mention her lack of a statue.
I'd throw Tylee In there never thought she would turn on Azula that's pretty cool, defiantly Hakoda I thought he would be a generic Fire nation hating warrior but he is a very likable character especially in season 3.
Okay, bad choice of words. I know a healer is important but it was annoying that it's all she did in comparison to everyone else. Zuko was only slightly better in LOk yet he still amounted to very little. Then Toph comes in and gets the star treatment.