FANDOM


  • In another discussion that talks about how Toph got pregnant and it reminded me that so far the only pregnancies that depicted in both series had been of non-bending women regardless of whether they had bending children or not (we don't know if Hope was a bender as far as I know and neither were her parents) Ladies you may or may not share your experience of said event and then imagining a person with supernatural abilities in the same situation.

    Also lets stay away from inheritance of bending, please?

    [Other thoughts]

    Would the cravings that can happened during pregnancy be amplified or be specific to the element of the bender? I was thinking that Toph would be creating chaos in and around Republic City during both of her pregnancies! I'm not sure about Katara's pregnancies or what of Pema's as she gave birth to benders, yet she wasn't, would it have affected her in some way?

      Loading editor
    • Umm. I think it's safe to say their pregnancies are the same as real life pregnancies??

        Loading editor
    • Waterbenders are never subject to morning sickness.  Ever.

        Loading editor
    • EternalKoniko wrote: Umm. I think it's safe to say their pregnancies are the same as real life pregnancies??

      Probably, yet like I said only the mother of Hope and Pema have been shown to be pregnant and both are non-benders.

        Loading editor
    • Deist Zealot wrote: Waterbenders are never subject to morning sickness.  Ever.

      Why do you say that?

        Loading editor
    • Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote: Waterbenders are never subject to morning sickness.  Ever.

      Why do you say that?

      The obvious would be healing.  However, I'd think waterbenders would tend to subconsciously keep themselves "in balance," as it were.

        Loading editor
    • Deist Zealot wrote:

      Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote: Waterbenders are never subject to morning sickness.  Ever.

      Why do you say that?

      The obvious would be healing.  However, I'd think waterbenders would tend to subconsciously keep themselves "in balance," as it were.

      Interesting maybe. However isn't the skill of healing using waterbending rare?

        Loading editor
    • I think it wont affect a mother if her children isn't a bender but their mother is or the opposite of what I said!! like katara is a waterbender but 1 of her children also known as Bumi (the commander of the Second Division of the United Forces) isn't a bender well not until Harmonic Convergence where he developed airbending abilities

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Firelord wrote: I think it wont affect a mother if her children isn't a bender but their mother is or the opposite of what I said!! like katara is a waterbender but 1 of her children also known as Bumi (the commander of the Second Division of the United Forces) isn't a bender well not until Harmonic Convergence where he developed airbending abilities

      WOW what?! When did this happen? Okay so I think you're saying that a non-bending woman would be affected in someway by her bending child-to-be and that a bending woman would also be affected by her child-to-be regardless if they are or aren't benders, did I get everything? Well that is what I'm thinking as well, but I would us to speculate as to what those effects maybe such as: could a firebending woman pregnant with a waterbending child want lots of ice cream or related cold products?

        Loading editor
    • nnoooooo you don't get what im trying to say!!!! NVD

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Firelord wrote: nnoooooo you don't get what im trying to say!!!! NVD

      Then explain it better, because I had to read it several times before I thought I had it.

        Loading editor
    • soooo do u get it???

        Loading editor
    • ok so it doesn't really matter if the the mother is a bender but her children isn't a bender sooooooooooooooooo do you get it now?

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Firelord wrote: ok so it doesn't really matter if the the mother is a bender but her children isn't a bender sooooooooooooooooo do you get it now?

      NOPE! Okay I'm trying here! Are you saying that it doesn't matter whether or not the mother is a bender, yet it does if her child is, whether it will affect the pregnancy or not? (look full sentences)

        Loading editor
    • Jey8000 wrote:

      Ultimate Firelord wrote: ok so it doesn't really matter if the the mother is a bender but her children isn't a bender sooooooooooooooooo do you get it now?

      NOPE! Okay I'm trying here! Are you saying that it doesn't matter whether or not the mother is a bender, yet it does if her child is, whether it will affect the pregnancy or not? (look full sentences)

      kind of so |it doesn't matter whether or not the mother is a bender and it also doesn't matter whether or not the child is a bender|ok?????????? im getting pissed off!!!! JK JK JK JK JK JK

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Firelord wrote:

      Jey8000 wrote:

      Ultimate Firelord wrote: ok so it doesn't really matter if the the mother is a bender but her children isn't a bender sooooooooooooooooo do you get it now?

      NOPE! Okay I'm trying here! Are you saying that it doesn't matter whether or not the mother is a bender, yet it does if her child is, whether it will affect the pregnancy or not? (look full sentences)

      kind of so |it doesn't matter whether or not the mother is a bender and it also doesn't matter whether or not the child is a bender|ok?????????? im getting pissed off!!!! JK JK JK JK JK JK

      Alright you mean that it doesn't matter at all. Fine.

        Loading editor
    • Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote:

      Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote: Waterbenders are never subject to morning sickness.  Ever.

      Why do you say that?
      The obvious would be healing.  However, I'd think waterbenders would tend to subconsciously keep themselves "in balance," as it were.
      Interesting maybe. However isn't the skill of healing using waterbending rare?

      Healing is not a rare waterbending gift. As seen in ATLA all the women waterbenders in the NWT were trained in the art of healing and not combat. This most likely changed after master Paku trained Katara making it ok for women to train in combat and men to train in healing.

        Loading editor
    • Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote:

      Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote: Waterbenders are never subject to morning sickness.  Ever.

      Why do you say that?
      The obvious would be healing.  However, I'd think waterbenders would tend to subconsciously keep themselves "in balance," as it were.
      Interesting maybe. However isn't the skill of healing using waterbending rare?

      Just because one could do something on a subconscious level doesn't necessarily mean that one could do it actively and on a greater scale.

        Loading editor
    • Deist Zealot wrote:

      Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote:

      Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote: Waterbenders are never subject to morning sickness.  Ever.

      Why do you say that?
      The obvious would be healing.  However, I'd think waterbenders would tend to subconsciously keep themselves "in balance," as it were.
      Interesting maybe. However isn't the skill of healing using waterbending rare?

      Just because one could do something on a subconscious level doesn't necessarily mean that one could do it actively and on a greater scale.

      Yeah you're right.

        Loading editor
    • It's being pregnant. It just means there is a fetus developing inside of a human being. Both benders and non-benders are human beings. I just hope they get paid maternity leave.

        Loading editor
    • Deist Zealot wrote:
      Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote:


      Jey8000 wrote:

      Deist Zealot wrote: Waterbenders are never subject to morning sickness.  Ever.

      Why do you say that?
      The obvious would be healing.  However, I'd think waterbenders would tend to subconsciously keep themselves "in balance," as it were.
      Interesting maybe. However isn't the skill of healing using waterbending rare?
      Just because one could do something on a subconscious level doesn't necessarily mean that one could do it actively and on a greater scale.

      They could also bend the liquids in their stomachs to keep them in check or something?

        Loading editor
    • Avatar thoyrn wrote: It's beig pregnant. It just mean sthere is a fetus developing inside of a human being. Both benders and non-benders are uman beings. I just hope they get paid maternity leave.

      I was thinking the chis of bending infants would be stronger than of non-bending infants when I wrote this question, meaning it would have some effect on the mother-to-be specially if said mother was a bender herself. However Pema seemed not to be any worse than any other mother and she gave birth to four benders, so the question is kind of mute.

        Loading editor
    • Yea, it's like normal child birth

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message