FANDOM


  • Couldn't Zuko and Aang have killed Ran and Shaw if they were threatened? I mean, they have the powers to accomplish it.

      Loading editor
    • Kill a pair of dragons with heads bigger than them who could produce flames larger than any attack they could muster at the time?

      Got my money on the dragons.

        Loading editor
    • But remember how dragons were slain for sport? Not Zuko, but I think that Aang could do it.

        Loading editor
    • Because he's got 3 elements at the time.

        Loading editor
    • The other dragons we saw were nowhere near as big & powerful as those 2, though I think that someone like Iroh might have stood a chance. As for Aang, there's no real water to use, so he'd have to rely on air, which usually isn't that strong, & earth. Also, his Avatar State is sealed. So, he stands a better chance than Zuko, but I still kind of doubt it.

        Loading editor
    • I think they could've done it beacuse many dragons have been killed before by the fire nation and the biggest dragon I saw was the one that was training Wan to become a master firebender

        Loading editor
    • Actually the white dragon training Wan was no where as big as Ran and Shaw those two were huge and if I didn't know better I'd say they still live in Korra's time

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      The other dragons we saw were nowhere near as big & powerful as those 2, though I think that someone like Iroh might have stood a chance. As for Aang, there's no real water to use, so he'd have to rely on air, which usually isn't that strong, & earth. Also, his Avatar State is sealed. So, he stands a better chance than Zuko, but I still kind of doubt it.


      I guess, yeah... but wasn't it implied that Iroh had enough power to kill those dragons? But, yeah, maybe at that time, Aang would lose. But end of teh show Aang would stomp those dragons, Avatar State or not.

        Loading editor
    • TarrlokUltimateWaterbender wrote:
      Neo Bahamut wrote:
      The other dragons we saw were nowhere near as big & powerful as those 2, though I think that someone like Iroh might have stood a chance. As for Aang, there's no real water to use, so he'd have to rely on air, which usually isn't that strong, & earth. Also, his Avatar State is sealed. So, he stands a better chance than Zuko, but I still kind of doubt it.

      I guess, yeah... but wasn't it implied that Iroh had enough power to kill those dragons? But, yeah, maybe at that time, Aang would lose. But end of teh show Aang would stomp those dragons, Avatar State or not.

      I still say druing the nacient time likes raava and Wan the dragons were stronger

        Loading editor
    • But then why were dragons made into a sport of killing by the firebenders -_-?

        Loading editor
    • @Tarrlok

      I think they meant dragons like the ones Roku and Sozin had.

        Loading editor
    • MasterAirbender02 wrote:
      @Tarrlok

      I think they meant dragons like the ones Roku and Sozin had.

      They were made a sport because if someone killed a dragon they would become legendary and their firebending would increase 10 fold

        Loading editor
    • Well, yeah, that's why I think that they could've been taken.

        Loading editor
    • Ah, sorry my bad. Yes that's why. Killing a dragon made you legendary as @Ray422 said. :) sorry for the confusion.

        Loading editor
    • MasterAirbender02 wrote: Actually the white dragon training Wan was no where as big as Ran and Shaw those two were huge and if I didn't know better I'd say they still live in Korra's time

      This. And even if it was bigger, there's no guarantee that dragons of that size were the norm into Sozin's time. There MAY have been dragons bigger than Ran & Shaw, but considering something about them allowed them to survive when the rest of their species was killed, I think it's safe to assume that they were the biggest & most powerful at that time, until proven otherwise.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:

      MasterAirbender02 wrote: Actually the white dragon training Wan was no where as big as Ran and Shaw those two were huge and if I didn't know better I'd say they still live in Korra's time

      This. And even if it was bigger, there's no guarantee that dragons of that size were the norm into Sozin's time. There MAY have been dragons bigger than Ran & Shaw, but considering something about them allowed them to survive when the rest of their species was killed, I think it's safe to assume that they were the biggest & most powerful at that time, until proven otherwise.

      What if they had kids

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:

      MasterAirbender02 wrote: Actually the white dragon training Wan was no where as big as Ran and Shaw those two were huge and if I didn't know better I'd say they still live in Korra's time

      This. And even if it was bigger, there's no guarantee that dragons of that size were the norm into Sozin's time. There MAY have been dragons bigger than Ran & Shaw, but considering something about them allowed them to survive when the rest of their species was killed, I think it's safe to assume that they were the biggest & most powerful at that time, until proven otherwise.

      Yeah I think Ran and Shaw now are way larger than the ones that Sozin and Azulon and even centaintly larger than when Iroh tried to kill them. There huge. No sane person would face those monsters.

        Loading editor
    • Ray422 wrote:

      Neo Bahamut wrote:

      MasterAirbender02 wrote: Actually the white dragon training Wan was no where as big as Ran and Shaw those two were huge and if I didn't know better I'd say they still live in Korra's time

      This. And even if it was bigger, there's no guarantee that dragons of that size were the norm into Sozin's time. There MAY have been dragons bigger than Ran & Shaw, but considering something about them allowed them to survive when the rest of their species was killed, I think it's safe to assume that they were the biggest & most powerful at that time, until proven otherwise.

      What if they had kids

      Then they may have been killed by an unusually powerful firebender, or before reaching full size, or even during a solar eclipse, where the human would still have the benefit of weapons like gunpowder. Or perhaps they died due to completely unrelated circumstances, like disease. We're entering a realm of a lot of unknowns, here.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:

      Ray422 wrote:

      Neo Bahamut wrote:

      MasterAirbender02 wrote: Actually the white dragon training Wan was no where as big as Ran and Shaw those two were huge and if I didn't know better I'd say they still live in Korra's time

      This. And even if it was bigger, there's no guarantee that dragons of that size were the norm into Sozin's time. There MAY have been dragons bigger than Ran & Shaw, but considering something about them allowed them to survive when the rest of their species was killed, I think it's safe to assume that they were the biggest & most powerful at that time, until proven otherwise.
      What if they had kids

      Then they may have been killed by an unusually powerful firebender, or before reaching full size, or even during a solar eclipse, where the human would still have the benefit of weapons like gunpowder. Or perhaps they died due to completely unrelated circumstances, like disease. We're entering a realm of a lot of unknowns, here.


      Yep

        Loading editor
    • TarrlokUltimateWaterbender wrote:
      But remember how dragons were slain for sport , like in european mythology?


        Loading editor
    • In Asian mythology dragons got bigger and more impressive over a life of around 3,000 years. So Ran and Shaw may have been much older members of the same species of dragons Sozin and Roku had.

      Also those hunts probably got younger/smaller dragons who were alone. Ran and Shaw working together could probably have beaten Aang and Zuko. And they also had the Sun Warrior benders who would have intervened in a fight on their behalf.

        Loading editor
    • That makes sense. Though i'm wondering what the heck was happening with the Sun Warriors before the war?

        Loading editor
    • avatar power

        Loading editor
    • Aang's access to the avatar state was still blocked then. I do think Aang and Zuko could have hurt Ran and Shaw, but the dragons and Sun Warriors would have won in the end.

        Loading editor
    • forget the sun warriors, the dragons would have killed them where they stood. "still think we can take 'em?" "shhh! i never said that!"

        Loading editor
    • forget the sun warriors, the dragons would have killed them where they stood. "still think we can take 'em?" "shhh! i never said that!"

        Loading editor
    • I agree, I just meant if they managed to land a blow or run for it the sun warriors would have been on them.

        Loading editor
    • Yep, though it would be fun to see the Sun Warriors in LOK at some point. I doubt they are still just staying at the Sun Warrior temple city.

        Loading editor
    • I think that korra could defintely beat those dragons. She beat Vatuu the ultimate evil.

        Loading editor
    • vaatu might be the ultimate darkness (remember, there is no "evil") but that doesn't mean he's the ultimate power.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think those dragons could be beaten. In the description it says that they're larger than normal dragons. If Korra couldn't even kill Kuvira, how could she kill two firebending masters? I don't think it really matters if she beat Vaatu, because she almost dies if it weren't for Jinora.

        Loading editor
    • Don't forget the Deus Ex Machina and accelerated Chakra Opening that made no sense...

      There's a strong likelihood that an Avatar has had to kill a dragon before in the past, possibly using some supermove or by predicting the dragon's own movements. So even if Aang (AS blocked) or Korra (AS practically useless for technique) couldn't, I wonder if Roku could. With no volcanic dust in his lungs, he might fare a lot better than he did with the enormous volcano...

        Loading editor
    • What about in Sozin's Comet? Of course considering the dragons don't get the boost.

      Also, that dragon Aang and Kuzon met was bigger than Sozin and Roku's dragons, don't know if it was bigger than Ran and Shaw but still bigger than the others and he's probably dead. I aways thought that, aside from Iroh, the firebenders went against dragons in groups and that's how they managed to defeat them and the leader of the group(a general like Iroh or maybe just a normal firebender) would get the dragon nickname

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message