FANDOM


  • Note: These are opinion questions, but it is not about who you want Katara to have married. Don't bother putting who you wanted her to end up with. It is more about possibilities of who she would have, if things had been different.

    In the final episode of Book 2: Earth, we saw in that prison that Katara was really nice to him after her rant, and she was almost about to heal Zuko's scar. However, since Iroh and Aang barged in before she could, and Zuko decided to side up with Azula, Katara was at first very untrusty of him when he joined them in The Western Air Temple.

    1. If Katara had healed Zuko's scar in time, do you think Zuko would have sided with Aang instead of Azula during the takeover of Ba Sing Se?

    2. If Zuko had joined the Avatar gang in The Crossroads of Destiny, regardless of his scar being healed or not, do you think that the creators would have had Katara end up with him? Or, how much of a bigger chance of her ending up with him?

    3. How much of a bigger chance do you think of Zutara happening if Katara had healed his scar in time and Zuko joined the gang in this episode?

    4. How much of a bigger chance do you think of Zutara happening if Katara hadn't healed his scar but Zuko still joined the gang in this episode?

    5. How much of a bigger chance do you think of Zutara happening if Katara had healed his scar but Zuko remained with the Fire Nation until The Western Air Temple?

      Loading editor
    • There could've been a pretty good chance haha.

        Loading editor
    • TarrlokUltimateWaterbender wrote:
      There could've been a pretty good chance haha.

      I know there would probably be a pretty good chance for Zutara, with the circumstances for questions 2--4, but what about question 5? She probably would've been even more untrustworthy of him in The Western Air Temple after being nice and healing his scar but then seeing him still join Azula in The Crossroads of Destiny...

      And what about question 1--do you think Zuko would have been a part of Team Avatar at the end of this episode if his scar had been healed?

        Loading editor
    • Sort of related, but Zuko joining Team Avatar could've caused the end of the world, because they wouldn't be over-powered in the Caverns, and Aang might not unlock the Avatar State before the Comet.

      It would have increased the chances by a lot, but not made it a certainty.

        Loading editor
    • Wheelmaster wrote:
      Sort of related, but Zuko joining Team Avatar could've caused the end of the world, because they wouldn't be over-powered in the Caverns, and Aang might not unlock the Avatar State before the Comet.

      It would have increased the chances by a lot, but not made it a certainty.

      Why would not being over-powered in the caverns in The Headband, because Zuko joined them earlier, cause the end of the world? It might make the show less interesting, but that's not the world's end (of the Avatar's world or the real world). Also, why would it cause Aang not to unlock the Avatar State before the Comet?

        Loading editor
    • To the second one, How early are we talking here? As for everything else, no, I think not

        Loading editor
    • Mistystar31 wrote:
      Wheelmaster wrote:
      Sort of related, but Zuko joining Team Avatar could've caused the end of the world, because they wouldn't be over-powered in the Caverns, and Aang might not unlock the Avatar State before the Comet.

      It would have increased the chances by a lot, but not made it a certainty.

      Why would not being over-powered in the caverns in The Headband, because Zuko joined them earlier, cause the end of the world? It might make the show less interesting, but that's not the world's end (of the Avatar's world or the real world). Also, why would it cause Aang not to unlock the Avatar State before the Comet?

      Aang was rather desperate when he unlocked the Avatar State, by having Zuko joining Team Avatar early, Azula wouldn't have been in a position to make them so desperate. Because of that, its quite possible that Ozai would have won the war because Aang wouldn't have the Avatar State.

        Loading editor
    • Somewhat of a chance on a few of those alternatives.....

      But Kataang all the way. =)

        Loading editor
    • QueenCeline wrote:
      To the second one, How early are we talking here? As for everything else, no, I think not

      For the second question, "how early" is in The Crossroads of Destiny, where Zuko decides to join Azula instead of Aang, despite Katara's kindness and offer to heal his scar.

        Loading editor
    • Mistystar31 wrote:
      QueenCeline wrote:
      To the second one, How early are we talking here? As for everything else, no, I think not
      For the second question, "how early" is in The Crossroads of Destiny, where Zuko decides to join Azula instead of Aang, despite Katara's kindness and offer to heal his scar.

      Ah. Still no

        Loading editor
    • Zuko’s scar is a symbol that is unique to him. And trust me it has a lot deeper meaning to it that any other characters identity. Though initially he feels that the scar symbolizes disgrace and dishonour, it is this scar that enabled him to find the right path. The scar doesn’t symbolize his failure but it symbolizes him 'seeing' the brighter side. In conclusion the creators won’t let anyone heal his scar.

      Secondly, the reason why Zutara wasn’t included in the show despite its relative fan support is because Zutara was not politically or romantically correct, so to speak. Before any zutarians rage quits let me explain what I mean. The creators wanted to show that true love is only identifiable when a person is willing to sacrifice everything including his/ her life to save their loved ones and not just by physical appearance.

      -Mai saving Zuko's life by attacking the god damn Azula

      -Katara crying over unconscious Aang not giving a shit about the twenty dai lee warriors surrounding

      -Aang giving up the avatar state, for katara, when he clearly know that it is his only chance of surviving the war.

      these are all the classic examples that bryke used to bring out the canon pairings. These are the same reasons why they killed Makorra in the book 2. So I would say the creators did good job with the pairing. Zuko with/ without scar would have no difference in the final pairings. If Zutara were to happen after the healing of his scar, I would seriously hate the show as the philosophical depth that the characters possess would have just crashed.



        Loading editor
    • Batarang131 wrote:

      Zuko’s scar is a symbol that is unique to him. And trust me it has a lot deeper meaning to it that any other character's identity. Though initially he feels that the scar symbolizes disgrace and dishonour, it is this scar that enabled him to find the right path. The scar doesn’t symbolize his failure but it symbolizes him 'seeing' the brighter side. In conclusion the creators won’t let anyone heal his scar.

      Secondly, the reason why Zutara wasn’t included in the show despite its relative fan support is because Zutara was not politically or romantically correct, so to speak. Before any zutarians rage quits let me explain what I mean. The creators wanted to show that true love is only identifiable when a person is willing to sacrifice everything including his/her life to save their loved ones, and not just by physical appearance.

      We knew, from The Fortuneteller, that Katara would marry a very powerful bender, and it was later revealed that he would be either Aang or Zuko. She ended up with Aang, and I was perfectly fine with that; (although I did want Aang a little more, I was neutral to both Kataang and Zutara, until Zuko joined Azula in The Crossroads of Destiny, and didn't think Zuko was for her anymore) but there are a few things that I have to say:

      1. Aang had a crush on her almost immediately, but until the ending of The Fortuneteller, Katara didn't seem to like him that way, and didn't realize that Aang was a very powerful bender even after her reading; then she finally started developing true feelings for him after Sokka said it in the episode's end.

      2. In The Waterbending Scroll, Zuko captures her, and this isn't exactly a great way to become fiances later.  ; )

      3. Zuko was a good firebender, but his father always thought he wasn't powerful enough and that his sister Azula was much better, so could that be a possible (and maybe philosophical) reason, besides the philosophical flashbacks, current scenes, and comics of loving Mai, why the writers decided on Aang, after giving out those thoughts that Zuko wasn't that powerful? 

      4. Even though it was an extremely important symbol, could Katara have ever healed his scar with that spirit water, since when reviving Aang with that water after Azula's lightning shot "killed" him, the scar on his back never disappeared?

      I know that Zuko's scar was a huge part that led him on the path to teach the Avatar firebending and become a good Fire Lord, and I thought the scar was a great part of the show.  I also think it's awesome, after everything that his father (with the Agni Kai creating the scar) and sister did to him, that he became a Fire Lord with the "banished symbol".  And I know that love feelings can take awhile to develop, but Katara only seemed to really like Aang after The Fortuneteller, (although they thankfully truly became husband and wife later on), so I am a little disappointed on how the writers showed her first feelings being created for him.

        Loading editor
    • In the ATLA behind the scenes book, they always said that Zutara was never considered in ATLA. Bryke had a thing called 'The Avatar Bible' which they'd note down their ideas in and later use it in the show. Toph was originally supposed to be a boy and with his strong attitude, he'd win over Katara and she'd have a crush on him. Sokka didn't like Toph being with Katara, so he teamed up with Aang to stop them from getting together and she'd later get feelings for Aang. That's the only thing that was noted about Katara's love life.

        Loading editor
    • YourMomoness wrote:
      In the ATLA behind the scenes book, they always said that Zutara was never considered in ATLA. Bryke had a thing called 'The Avatar Bible' which they'd note down their ideas in and later use it in the show. Toph was originally supposed to be a boy and with his strong attitude, he'd win over Katara and she'd have a crush on him. Sokka didn't like Toph being with Katara, so he teamed up with Aang to stop them from getting together and she'd later get feelings for Aang. That's the only thing that was noted about Katara's love life.

      Oh my God seriously!? That would have been so intreasting to see.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message