FANDOM


  • The Sting: When Triad activity threatens to put Future Industries out of business, Mako performs an investigation and uncovers a conspiracy.


    Beginnings: Korra learns about the origins of the first Avatar; Korra realises what she must do to restore balance to the physical and spirit worlds.


    SourceThis is so exciting!!! I'm so excited to see this conspiracy with Mako being the main character of the episode (it seems) and getting to know Wan!!! Is Korra gonna appear in The Sting???

      Loading editor
    • When his investigation is over, Mako will try to explain to Korra of what happened and maybe they will forgive each other of their behaviours.

        Loading editor
    • It seems that Mako will be the main focus in The Sting so I wonder if Korra's gonna appear in the episode. (Or she might not be so imporant in the next episode until Beginnings).

        Loading editor
    • Sounds cool.

        Loading editor
    • I hope we get to see Korra entering into the Spirit World.  The pictures from the trailers are awesome.  The writers will probably have Mako and Korra all Lovey dovey in the end.  maybe eating cotton candy again.  Me?  Mako X Korra is dead except for Team Avatar... just as Asami still works with Team Avatar.  Keep Korra single for Book 3 and Book 4 to find herself and the Legend she becomes.

      I am excited to see Mako doing an investigation.  NCIS. hehe.

        Loading editor
    • Stuff's gonna get real! :D

        Loading editor
    • I'm curious as to whether or not "The Sting" is going to be somewhat of a filler episode, diverting from the main plotline. Perhaps not, since Triad activity and Future Industries are directly tied to Varrick. This episode description only further solidifies my belief that Varrick is up to no good, despite his benign, quirky businessman demeanor.

        Loading editor
    • I think Korra will meet her past lives starting with Aang of how they were struggling and some mistakes they made while maintaining the balance.

        Loading editor
    • EccentricChild wrote:
      I'm curious as to whether or not "The Sting" is going to be somewhat of a filler episode, diverting from the main plotline. Perhaps not, since Triad activity and Future Industries are directly tied to Varrick. This episode description only further solidifies my belief that Varrick is up to no good, despite his benign, quirky businessman demeanor.

      Is it weird that I had the same feeling as you?? For some time, I was beginning to think what if something was suspicious about Varrick? And all this tension between him and Unalaq is a scam?

      Of course, I hope we're just overreacting cause I actually like Varrick.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm... you guys might want to brush up on The Sting movie as the episode probably has references to that 1973 classic. Lixa.gif

        Loading editor
    • Varrick easily could have funded the Agni Kai to bomb Republic City during the Southern protest, and he has the money to do so. People believe it was the Northerners. The question here to ask is "Cui bono ?", i.e., who benefits? If the point was to garner support for military action against the North, which it was, then obviously South supporters benefit. Furthermore, Varrick's goal as a businessman is to make money. His quote in the episode regarding making money during a war is extremely important, for it may have given away his true motive. It is important to note, however, that Varrick's intentions may not be villanous. He wants to make money and support the South, so, as he has told Asami, he has no problem getting his hands dirty by hiring the Triads and selling weapons because it also helps the greater good, which is to ensure the South succeeds.

        Loading editor
    • I doubt Unalaq is in cahoots with Varrick, as that just seems rather convoluted. As of now, Varrick's only concern seems to be making a profit, which is why he's trying to incite a civil war. If the Norhern and Southern Water Tribes go to war, Varrick intends to sell mecha tanks to the southerners. Unalaq is clearly against domestic warfare, as he claims it'll further upset the spiritual balance. And for whatever reason, Unalaq is hellbent on protecting the spirit portal in the Southern Water Tribe. So, ordering Varrick to provoke troops into attacking on Southern soil would be rather counterproductive.

        Loading editor
    • And so The Sting episode is so aptly named this guy has been pulling the con against Team Avatar all this time. Bravo. Eusa_clap.gif

        Loading editor
    • Varrick is the Avatar universe's nod to Gundam Seed's Blue Cosmos: Using war to gain profit.

        Loading editor
    • Oh yeah a Gundam Seed fan on Avatar!!! spoilers for Gundam Seed

      Blue Cosmos was that insane group who hated gene babies right? Blue Cosmos led attacks on coordinators because they viewed such things as "unnatural", I wonder what would happen if such genetic tampering was done on benders or nonbenders?

        Loading editor
    • Empressofmelnibone wrote:
      Oh yeah a Gundam Seed fan on Avatar!!! spoilers for Gundam SeedBlue Cosmos was that insane group who hated gene babies right? Blue Cosmos led attacks on coordinators because they viewed such things as "unnatural", I wonder what would happen if such genetic tampering was done on benders or nonbenders?

      The Equalists were more like Blue Cosmos. Blue Cosmos hated Coordinators for not being 'natural' like them. LOGOS was more like what Varrick intends. Actually, not even that. LOGOS profitted off of the war but they were hateful and bigoted, much like Patrick Zala.

      Varrick isn't hateful or racist, he just wants to make money. He isn't like Blue Cosmos at all, and he only shares the bare minimum resemblence to LOGOS. 

        Loading editor
    • AldenHeathcliffe wrote:
      Empressofmelnibone wrote:
      Oh yeah a Gundam Seed fan on Avatar!!! spoilers for Gundam SeedBlue Cosmos was that insane group who hated gene babies right? Blue Cosmos led attacks on coordinators because they viewed such things as "unnatural", I wonder what would happen if such genetic tampering was done on benders or nonbenders?
      The Equalists were more like Blue Cosmos. Blue Cosmos hated Coordinators for not being 'natural' like them. LOGOS was more like what Varrick intends. Actually, not even that. LOGOS profitted off of the war but they were hateful and bigoted, much like Patrick Zala.

      Varrick isn't hateful or racist, he just wants to make money. He isn't like Blue Cosmos at all, and he only shares the bare minimum resemblence to LOGOS. 

      I couldn't agree more. Blue Cosmos discriminates benders, as their mother organization, LOGOS gains profit by pitting the Naturals against the Coordinators.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message