FANDOM


  • As my favorite character, i would love to see meelo fartbending. The sceen where he was fighting the Chi-Blockers had me laughing tears. I would love the new master fartbender and i bet aang would have enjoyed it too, maybe even monk Gyatso. Seeing Gyatso playing pranks on other monks. :D

    What are your views on fartbening ? Etc.

      Loading editor
    • I don't exactly view it as an art or a reliable sub-skill of airbending- but it's creative, no less.

        Loading editor
    • God, I hope not.

        Loading editor
    • I bet even Korra would enjoy it :D

      Otherwise Fartbending is maybe even useful. For example:

      Evil guy captures you, you fartbend and he`ll be REALLY distracted. You`ll have the opening an BAM!

        Loading editor
    • In all honesty, potty humor is widely considered the most childish form of humor. I'm sure it entertained the younger audience, but I found it annoying and incredibly out of place, especially since Bryke said they were going more serious with the series. Slapstick (if done right) can be appreciated by all ages, especially the unintentionally self-inflicted stuff Sokka did. 

      The fart joke isn't the end of it. I wouldn't mind if Meelo never appeared again. His personality is in-your-face annoying, his design is disturbing, and his comic relief is repelling. 

      But hey, maybe that's just me.

        Loading editor
    • /\ Indeed.

      I mean one time or another it made sense because Meelo is a toddler and stuff but everytime farting and stuff, that potty humor got overdone and a bit boring, if you may.

      Meelo himself was kinda cool and funny, but sadly most used for simple potty humor comic relief.

      That NEEDS a pic or something...

      "tries to make show more mature... includes potty humor and bad jokes"

        Loading editor
    • I'm all for endorsing creative bending, but there needs to be a line, especially for a bending style so steeped in mystery as airbending. There's so much we don't know about this particular quarter of the bending arts, and to slap this embarassing addition on in the name of cheap laughs... it just hurts.

        Loading editor
    • Another thought ocurred to me, isnt fartbending psychic bending, cause i didnt see Meelo waving around his arms, while bending his farts. A NEW PSYCHIC BENDING FORM: FARTBENDING

        Loading editor
    • No, he was fart-landing on the Krew's hands and eventually shoved his butt in an Equalist's face, so no.

        Loading editor
    • I don't like the concept of fartbending. I think it was kind've stupid, though funny for that instant, it shouldn't be something the writers continue or build on... Meelo is going to be growing up, and if he is literally using fartbending to fight, that will be so out of place. So no, I don't like fartbending.

        Loading editor
    • The Air Nomad Critic wrote:
      I'm all for endorsing creative bending, but there needs to be a line, especially for a bending style so steeped in mystery as airbending. There's so much we don't know about this particular quarter of the bending arts, and to slap this embarassing addition on in the name of cheap laughs... it just hurts.

      I think Sneeze Bending was better 'cause it wasn't quite so grotesque.

      But even that is a little on the gross side.

      Think about it: sick, gassy Air Benders. With allergies. Maybe that's why they live in the mountains.

        Loading editor
    • Doubledom897 wrote:
      I don't like the concept of fartbending. I think it was kind've stupid, though funny for that instant, it shouldn't be something the writers continue or build on... Meelo is going to be growing up, and if he is literally using fartbending to fight, that will be so out of place. So no, I don't like fartbending.

      He's three years old. It wasn't an Airbending move, it was a little kid who just happened to have gas. Not a fighting technique. We all did stupid things like that as children.

      And besides, if I could fart like that (and I'm a sixteen-year-old girl), I'd be excited.

      And Meelo is awesome. Who could forget his comment about his brother coming? "NOT NOW, BABY!" Come on. It was cute.

      Besides, why hate? He exists. Oh well.

        Loading editor
    • Their snot would be able to hit ducks in flight...

      Of course, their vegetarian diet wouldn't help things in the slightest' plenty of complex carbohydrates for their intestines to choke on. I'd hate to be in one of the temples on bean enchilada (or some asian equivalent) night.

        Loading editor
    • Enchiladas are not Asian, for the record.

      Yes! I'm almost out for the summer! Get out, school!

      Maybe that's why the Nomads didn't have a lot of stuff in their rooms. XD

        Loading editor
    • Thats why I said "or some asian equivalent". Bean curd puff night, maybe?

      I'm sure whatever they had in their rooms was firmly secured. You never know when that stray bit of pollen will find its way into your nose...

        Loading editor
    • Yeah. On Air Temple Island, the dorms don't have windows, so that makes sense.

        Loading editor
    • But why do you hate on Meelo so much, hes just a goofy little kid who`s quite sweet. Getta heart *sob*

        Loading editor
    • There is a time and place for characters like Meelo. It would be fine if he were more in the background, but I feel he gets way too much screen time with too little material.

        Loading editor
    • No, I don't think he will develop them. I think that if that happened, what little respect LoK people have for bending would disappear, and it would just be used for bad jokes. LoK people aren't spiritual enough, but I don't think they'd go that far. At least, not until modern tech. DEATH TO AVATAR MODERNIZATION!

        Loading editor
    • Fartbender(Meelo) wrote:
      But why do you hate on Meelo so much, hes just a goofy little kid who`s quite sweet. Getta heart *sob*

      Goofy little kid? He has the most annoying qualities of young children (disgusting, needy, in your face) stuffed into a very unappealing design (especially up close) (if you find that picture cute, I fear for your sanity).

      But a lot of kids are like that, and I don't particularly hate him. I just dislike the character as a whole and certainly wouldn't mind if Bryke never brought him back in the series whatsoever.

        Loading editor
    • Well thats your opinion, I still think he`s sweet and funny. By the way I LOVE the pic. 

      Oh im INSAAAANNNNEEEE, i forgot to tell you, sorry my bad. Though i have to admit your pic is a bit creepy. (Here is how i remember the "Be the leaf" scene BeTheLeaf)

        Loading editor
    • dude.

        Loading editor
    • I'm making no effort in trying to sway anyone's opinion of meelo-- I simply just stated that I don't like the concept of fartbending.

        Loading editor
    • Well bad for you.

        Loading editor
    • Fartbender(Meelo): I removed the link to that Meelo image, cause it was wildly inappropriate and not even in the vicinity of funny. Please do not post such links again.

        Loading editor
    • That kid makes me sick, really.

      Hes disgusting........

        Loading editor
    • @ Lady Lostris

      Was just joking around, sorry if it was inappropriate. 

        Loading editor
    • I am all for innuendo jokes. However, not now, not ever is an allusion to rape a joke. It doesn't take much to notice that things like that are inappropriate, especially not when combined with the image of a child -even if it is a cartoon image. I know you didn't mean it like that at all, but please, be more mindful next time you post a link.

        Loading editor
    • I will.

        Loading editor
    • Milesprower77 wrote:

      Goofy little kid? He has the most annoying qualities of young children (disgusting, needy, in your face) stuffed into a very unappealing design (especially up close) (if you find that picture cute, I fear for your sanity).

      Strangely enough, that particular image of Meelo is the cutest one I've encountered so far. Well, maybe not the cutest, but it's up there. Try this this on for size. I'll warn you, though; it's not for the faint of heart.

        Loading editor
    • What another great example to show you guys how cute he is. :D

        Loading editor
    • The Air Nomad Critic wrote:
      There is a time and place for characters like Meelo. It would be fine if he were more in the background, but I feel he gets way too much screen time with too little material.

      I agree. But he's still just a kid. He's just there for comic relief. 

        Loading editor
    • I'm glad I'm not the only one who found Meelo a little annoying...

        Loading editor
    • 50.11.5.193 wrote:
      I'm glad I'm not the only one who found Meelo a little annoying...

      You're not, I find him annoying too.

        Loading editor
    • And what do you even mean by "developing his fartbending skills?" The only "developing" I wanna see him do is learning how to gas a room with his butt.

        Loading editor
    • I highly doubt he will "develop his fartbending skills". More likely, he will mature.

      Personally, I didn't find his fartbending in the show that disturbing. I mean, c'mon. A lot of little kids are disgusting like that ... unfortunately. Haha! I have to deal with it everyday, so naturally Meelo's fartbending didn't faze me as much as it did many other people. (Immature as I am, I did laugh at his fartbending.) But I do sympathize with others. I admit that it is rather childish humor, and in a more serious and slightly mature show like LOK, it probably wasn't needed.

      I will say that I actually like Meelo as a character -- he's cute in his own way. However, I will admit that I sort of don't want to see Meelo fartbend in later episodes and Books.

        Loading editor
    • They should simply cut the farting garbage stuff and bring in some real airbending you know? that's it. 

        Loading editor
    • I dont think/hope Meelo will `mature`, just look at Monk Gyatso. Gyatso still played pranks when he was an old wise man. Also why wouldnt Fartbending be `real` airbending? Is it fake airbending then? 

        Loading editor
      • Cringe*

      I'll admit that Meelo was actually pretty funny in small doses ("Meelo, no! That is not a toilet. Oh dear." Asking Asami for some of her hair, answering the phone, Lin's "I didn't sign up for this!"). Interrupting emotional or intense moments with fartbending, however. . . *Cringe* Seriously, why did he need to drop in on the 'new team avatar' scene?! What purpose did that serve? I find blatant fart jokes in general to be annoying and childish, but fartbending?

      Edit: A long time ago, I used to read a series of books called "Maximum Ride" (I think). The books steadily degraded in quality, and I remember putting them down for good when one of the characters started fighting with weaponized farts.

        Loading editor
    • ^Such moments were sadly few and far between. And yeah, that was forced, his fart jokes were really hammered in and at all the wrong times. Fart jokes to me are a sign that you're really desperate to force a laugh, and you can only do that so much before it just gets irritating, something Meelo was too good at.

      So in answer to the main question, I really REALLY hope we don't see that played up again in Book 2, the less of it the better.

        Loading editor
    • Ohhh My God!!! I `ll have to check out "Maximum Ride", thanks Akta for telling me about Max. Ride!

      Guess you guys have a different sense of humor. (I got the better one if you wondered)

        Loading editor
    • Wait, our sense of humor is inferior because we don't like fart jokes? How exactly does that work?

        Loading editor
    • Oh, the books started out great. I remember being fascinated by them when I was young. If I remember correctly, it was about a group of fugitive kids (with wings) who lived in constant fear of being hunted down and captured/killed. However, by degrade in quality I mean the series devolved into a novel length anti-global warming rant, to the point where nothing that was happening in the story mattered. The author literally broke character and wrote a two chapter section purely about global warming's effects. Then the characters developed powers at random (including super-farts).

      But that's beside the point. On topic: I really hope they tame down Meelo in Book two, keeping his actually funny qualities I mentioned earlier in the background. I just don't want to see Katara on her deathbed, then have Meelo burst in and let one rip. That seems to be the level of finesse they're aiming for. >.>

        Loading editor
    • Couldn't agree more AtkaSura. Let's just hope that scene never plays out either.


      Dunno about everyone else, but a fart joke has to be a really good fart joke to get me to laugh. It's a joke that's very, very easily abused.

        Loading editor
    • I still like them. Guess you`re just to mature to understand such complex fart jokes.

        Loading editor
    • It was grossly subpar humor that warrents no place in such a sophisticated show as Korra, or even in the universe of ATLA.  I understand that Korra is still a kids show but it's target audience was the people who watched ATLA when it came out, meaning people in their late teens to mid-twenties.  It is a blemish on the face of avatar and could not find it more repulsive.  

        Loading editor
    • Mind telling me when ATLA ever had to resort to that many fart jokes to keep things funny? There were maybe five jokes like that in all of 61 episodes, and they were a lot funnier than what Meelo's doing.

      Thank you Corin, that's exactly what frustrated me when that became the main source of jokes in Korra. Avatar's already too funny and sophisticated to have any need for them.

        Loading editor
    • I got your back Fire Eater. 

      This grotesque branch of humor is one of my biggest problems with Korra.  We need more sarcasm rather than physical comedy, though the moment when Lin zipped Bolin's fly made me chuckle. Also Korra's and Ikki's crazy anime freak outs made me laugh too. 

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, big problem is it wasn't funny. Seriously, I think ATLA had made half a dozen such jokes in its whole run. (Yeah, I counted them in my head XD ) When you got that many of them coming out of Meelo and some of the other main characters, it gets easily abused once again. You can only keep a fart joke funny for so long, know what I mean? It's not worth that effort. I think they must've really been desperate to get some legitimate laughs.

      I mean these are the guys who gave us Aang and Sokka. We know they can do A LOT better than this.

      If only it had more such laughs like those bits in it, there were not enough of them. 

      I will admit, the scene where Asami's face goes all green when she finds out she's eating krud from the city dumpsters is pretty darn funny.

        Loading editor
    • If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure Meelo's brand of humor came from Ryu and Bryan and Mike just sort of went with it. 

      Yes, Asami's face! How could I forget that one! 

        Loading editor
    • Well, it was a dumb idea from the start. I can't imagine why they thought it was funny as they were writing them in. I mean the guys who gave us Sokka and Aang, Toph's wit and sarcasm, and Ty Lee's overly upbeat persona gave us an obnoxious five-year old who's only claim to fame is the number of farts he can make every scene.

      LOK is a pretty sad chapter of Avatar history, people. =(


      Yeah, well Asami is the last character I thought I'd ever see with a "deformed" look on her face like they do so often with animes, so I just went with it XD

        Loading editor
    • I concur, Sokka, Aang, Toph and Ty Lee were all funny in their own way and every character said at least something funny Iroh, Katara, etc.. The fact that the humor has been ruduced down to Meelo and Bolin is tragic.  

      I won't get into this, not here at least but I will say that Meelo is certainly a sad chapter in Avatar. TT-TT

        Loading editor
    • You're telling me, everybody in the old cast was funny and lovable. Meelo I cannot stand however, and not just because of his constant fart jokes, but because he's obnoxious as hell. At the risk of sounding cruel, I think he could be brain damaged, he certainly looks it. Even Ikki didn't roast me as much as he did. And Bolin.......Dang man, all that buildup and he's barely worth acknowledging in this series. He lacks that funny something that came so naturally to Sokka.

      Meelo's a new low to the series, if they don't reduce his role in Book 2 and lay off the Fartbending, I am going to be very frustrated.

        Loading editor
    • i didn't think meelo was that bad - the fartbending thing happened only twice, and it was pretty downplayed. besides, he's no more than 5 years old, what else did you expect from a male child of that age, especially one who can airbend? anyway, like i said, his humor wasn't prominant enough to ruin the whole thing, and it didn't show up that much.

      besides that, you guys are all bashing lok for not being as funny as atla, but it seems you have forgotten that bryke said lok was going to be darker than atla. hence, less humor.

        Loading editor
    • Meelo I can live with. His humor absolutley no. 

      I've said it before and will say it again, I don't like Bolin at this moment but I'm sure with development he'll be tolerable.  

      Intelligence4- I am not bashing Korra as a whole merely one of it's characters. I love Korra, and I'm very glad they  went to a much darker atmosphere than ATLA it is terrific and I can live without humor.  But the problem is that when they do add a humorus aspect in a scene it is usually poor.  I can't help feeling that Meelo and Bolin are strictly comic reliefe and that they added Meelo's 'fartbending' (which I do not acknowledge) because the series was too dark and adult than other Nickelodeon shows.  I feel the added his humor in the way they did to cover their asses with some juvenile humor to off set the seriousness of the show, I mean they blew up two people. 

        Loading editor
    • No, it did not happen only twice, he was farting in half the scenes he was in. Sorry Intelligence4, but Meelo was a much bigger distraction than that, and he's a base breaker character for most fans.

      I don't care what they said. Just because they said it does not mean that's what we got. "Says" is not the same as "Do" in this scenario. We don't need Avatar to be that much darker, and if it was going to be, fartbending was the perfect to kill that "darker" air it was supposed to have. And we shouldn't sacrifice humor in ATLA or LOK, it's a kids' series. You're supposed to have sufficient and legitimate humor.

      I didn't approve of them getting blown up at the end. Again, do not approve of it being made THAT dark.

        Loading editor
    • "darker air?" On the fartbending thread? nice, dude.. haha.

      i agree, the blowing up thing was a bit blunt, however, you have to consider that that was supposed to be the end of lok, so they needed a way to get rid of the villians. personally, i would have had korra go avatar state when amon tried to take her bending, and energybend amon so he couldn't bend, then lock up the bend-less brothers for good. less messy that way, although then they wouldn't have a reason for korra to speak to her past life.

      i'm perfectly fine with lok being a bit darker, and i'm fine with the humor being turned down a few notches. i'm not a child, and i'm fine with a show that's a little more foreboding. it's aimed at the fans of the original series, who are now grown up, so the only reason it's still y7 is b/c it's being aired on nick.

      about meelo, he really wasn't that much of a distraction. (besides landing on team avatar and fighting equalists, what were the fartbending scenes?) he was only present in a minority of the scenes, and the ones he was in were funny enough. besides, it unfortunately is still y7, so meelo was kinda needed as a plot device to tune down the darker tone a bit. also, he's a plot device for airbending, and the 'free spirit' of it. airbending is supposed to be free spirited and all, yet the two most prominent airbenders (tenzin and his oldest daughter) are very serious. ikki isn't enough by herself to show the more...spirited (for want of a better word) side of airbending, so we have meelo.

      sorry to divert a little, but what do you think about airbending in lok? in atla, we obviously couldn't see much of it (sadly), but what we did see of the AN kids were pretty un-serious. (yes, i did just make up that word). in lok however, we have tenzin and jinora, who are pretty serious and down-to-earth, something that seems anti-airbending to me.

        Loading editor
    • Not funny.

      Yeah well that was the problem, they didn't plan more episodes, something that easily could've amended several of the major problems with the series. Twelve episodes? That does not cut it here.

      Yeah well this is still targeted at kids, you have to consider that. And as for adult fans, if they wanted to make it darker, they should've kept their promise and keep out this juvenile nonsense and keep it in check. You have to have a balance man. ATLA kept that balance, why couldn't this? We can't neglect to remember what ATLA pulled off so well that this show is struggling to do. 

      Yes, he was. Sorry man, I am not going to let up on Meelo. He was in one too many scenes, I watched it so I know. And every time he reappeared, we got Fartbending and bathroom jokes. And this is one of the few counts about the series where actually a good number of people might agree with me.

      He's a bad plot device, he didn't motivate that plot at all. Hell, they never put it in play. "Hey Korra, you gotta learn Airbending!" "But I can't do it!" "Okay, well there's a revolution going on and an Edward Cullen lookalike that's all over you, so you focus on that until you're ready, kid." "Okay. Oh hey look, I can airbend!" "How did you do that???" "...............I don't know." "Works for me."

      Weak.

      Come on, Meelo could've been made to be a lot less obnoxious.

      See the above transcript to see how I felt about the Airbending in LOK.

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater brings up a good point. The first two, maybe three episodes of LoK drilled into us how she was lacking in her airbending skills, and how she needed to let go and, as our poor excuse for a 'plot device' said, "Be the leaf." Yet airbending was almost entirely ignored until the very last episode.

      And even when she miraculously learned airbending, she was in the exact opposite conditions needed: Airbending requires you to be free and unrestrained, and yet Korra was under extreme pressure and stress while fighting Amon, not to mention the rest of her bending completely restricted. I could understand that situation causing a breakthrough in Firebending, or even Earthbending, but Airbending?

      And yeah, as I stated above, I'm completely with Fire Eater on the case of Meelo. He was unneeded, unnecessary, and simply annoying and awkward. I would have preferred extremely cheesy puns over this 5th grade level potty humor. 

        Loading editor
    • Milesprower77 wrote:

      And even when she miraculously learned airbending, she was in the exact opposite conditions needed: Airbending requires you to be free and unrestrained, and yet Korra was under extreme pressure and stress while fighting Amon, not to mention the rest of her bending completely restricted. I could understand that situation causing a breakthrough in Firebending, or even Earthbending, but Airbending?

      well, not exactly. the way she airbend fits with the spirituality thing. she knew she couldn't bend the other elements, so when she threw that punch, she was tossing all pretense to the wind (no pun intended) and having faith in something (idk what, but something) that would allow her to do some bending to prevent mako from loosing his bending abilites. that turned out to be airbending, which makes sense b/c of the faith thing i just said matching up with traditional airbender philosophy. (although i'm pretty sure you don't have to be spiritual to airbend. look for my thread from a while ago about martial arts and bending.)

      about meelo, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. i can respect a different opinion, but you keep saying that he was fartbending way too much and all that, but i still only remember him fartbending twice: besides the go team avatar moment and fighting the equalists, when did he fartbend?

        Loading editor
    • That wasn't faith in something. That was desperation. Who knows what the mindset was at the moment she shot that airbending blast, I doubt she had airbending specifically in mind at the time since she had already been stripped of all other bending. Nobody knew her airbending would be miraculously untouched (Still a pretty nonsensical outcome that has yet to be explained).

      You do have to be pretty darned spiritual to Airbend. Keep in mind, the Air Nomads were the singlemost spiritual culture on the planet, which likely played into the fact that they were the only culture where everybody possessed the ability to Airbend.

      Trust me, it was more than twice. But even if he wasn't, we still got him drooling, staring at his snot, apparently mistaking things for a toilet offscreen, and let's not forget his oh so priceless little zinger with Lin, where the joke was so forced that she had to keep him literally at arm's length to avoid the full force of it.

      I don't know about everybody else here, but in most of those instances, I was not laughing. Especially at that last one, that was something I didn't need to hear or see onscreen.

        Loading editor
    • as far as the explaination about why her airbending wasn't touched, it's b/c amon can only block active chi paths. her airbending was unlocked yet, so amon couldn't block it. that's the stated explaination. i speculate that his bloodbending could have something to do with unlocking the locked one while locking the unlocked ones. (basically, amon unlocked korra's airbending)

      about spirituality, while it does have a component in bending as stated by bryke, it's not required to bend a certain element, in this case air. here's the basis of my martial arts and bending thread: benders have the power to manipulate an element, and physical movements make it easier to do, although as evidenced by amon, are not required. using the physical movements of martial arts makes the element even easier to control, however as seen by toph, pro-benders, and other characters, it doesn't matter which martial art is used. waterbending doesn't have to use tai chi (which doesn't really have a lot of combat value anyway), airbending doesn't have to use ba gua, ect. It seems to follow that being spiritual isn't required either, as we have benders in the fn who aren't very spiritual, and we also saw korra using rather agressive martial arts movements to airbend, (fortifying what i said above) which seems to contradict the non-violent spiritual thing.

        Loading editor
    • Fire Eater wrote:

      Trust me, it was more than twice. But even if he wasn't, we still got him drooling, staring at his snot, apparently mistaking things for a toilet offscreen, and let's not forget his oh so priceless little zinger with Lin, where the joke was so forced that she had to keep him literally at arm's length to avoid the full force of it.

      you're still not backing your argument with specific moments.

      staring at his snot?

        Loading editor
    • It doesn't matter how much Meelo made potty jokes, it's the fact that Bryke devoted so much of the comic relief to fart jokes and snot jokes. Pretty much every funny moment could be sorted into Meelo doing something adoring(ly annoying) or Bolin saying some witty one-liner. Just the fact that they gave the kid the spotlight and all he did was act disgusting is what really got on my nerves. If I wanted potty humor, I'd watch some Disney XD show, not the successor to AtLA.

      And we could get super technical in our argument of whether or not spirituality is required in Airbending, but let's just take it at face value. Korra couldn't airbend, and Tenzin wanted her to learn this along with spirituality, and the Air Nomads have always been strongly associated with spirituality. Korra had none of those things. It came out of nowhere; I'm sure you could find some reason by looking into martial arts to connect the dots to make something like that plausible, but we as the audience shouldn't have to do that sort of research to understand what's going on on-screen. I didn't get what happened there, and I still don't. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't know, it's been a while since I watched it (Over a year), but I'm sure there were other moments. But Intelligence4, the point is Meelo when he was onscreen was usually just telling gross-out humor, and several instances of it were Fartbending, but that's just one element of his gross-out/bathroom humor he was playing constantly throughout. Regardless of how many times he fartbended onscreen, doesn't matter. The kid's big claim to fame was that he liked doing gross things. And Avatar is not an appropriate show for that kind of thing to be your main source of comedy relief. It's too sophisticated to be resorting to that when the show did not need such gags to be consistently funny.

      I'd watch The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy if I wanted to see that sort of nonsense onscreen, and I hated that series.

      Miles pretty much sums up all of the problems with that scene perfectly. Even if your explanation regarding martial arts and chi passages in the body is credible, it might or might not be, I don't know........Fact is that as Miles said, at face value it made no sense and the scene served no other purpose than to confuse the viewers. I think most fans were genuinely confused as to how that all happened when she had not become spiritually enlightened to any identifiable degree, so the plot about her Airbending training was in the end, a complete waste of time since it didn't even follow its own story in the way it promised to do so, and the whole thing served as a giant deus ex machina. (You might even call it a very loose example of a Chekhov's Gun; sure it got more mentions than a typical Gun does, but Airbending played no major role in the plot for like two-thirds of a twelve-episode season, and proved to be the key to victory right the heck out of nowhere). For Korra, that was purely dumb luck brought about by an underdeveloped plot thread.

        Loading editor
    • Meelo is nine years old now

      he has grown taller, and even has hair now.

      his art skills are interesting, and he even has more of a personality

      but he is still a disgusting comic relief character

      and this week's episode Kuvira's Gambit, had the worst fart joke yet

      people are dying, Korra plans to take Baatar Jr hostage

      ... and then we have Meelo randomly farting

        Loading editor
    • If i'm not mistaken she says they can't take him because of his farts.

        Loading editor
    • i think the main problem with his Fartbending, is it doesn't follow the rules of comedy

      farts are embarrassing, and most people don't want to fart in a room of people

      Meelo LOVES doing that

        Loading editor
    • ...please no. 

        Loading editor
    • making meelo gained tattoo master

        Loading editor
    • I can't believe I'm commenting on this. I need a new hobby.

      Let's assume that Meelo will, at some point in his life, master the previously-nonexistent "art" of the one-gun salute. Let's also assume that this practice involved exactly what we think it does...expelling large amounts of air, at great speeds, from the ass (obviously), to achieve any number of goals (vertical propulsion, knocking an opponent to the ground, slapstick comedy, etc). And then let us also put aside for the moment that all of these goals could be accomplished with common airbending skills and without the need to airbrush one's boxers. Depending on Meelo's level of skill, his ghost turds could be pretty substantial, and given his personality, he would be making regular deposits at the stank bank. Unfortunately, as skilled a bender as he is, his body just wouldn't be able to keep up. He's still only human, and that's a lot of wear and tear on his trouser tuba. Incontinence would set in before he was in his thirties. After all, every foul howl is just a turd whistling for the right-of-way. He's already developed a habit of shitting his pants (when Pema asked Lin to bathe him at the end of Season 1), and I would imagine that he would soon learn the harsh lesson that after the thunder comes the rain. In the end, it's just not worth the trouble.

      Jesus Christ, I can't believe I just typed all of that. Someone needs to get himself laid.

        Loading editor
    • as excellent as your point is about choice of topic, i found that paragraph pretty darn funny.

        Loading editor
    • Fartbender(Meelo) wrote:
      But why do you hate on Meelo so much, hes just a goofy little kid who`s quite sweet. Getta heart *sob*

      I like Meelo. I don't like "fartbending".

        Loading editor
    • He probably will but not because he wants to.

        Loading editor
    • I used to like Meelo. But in Book 4, he just got on my nerves.

      So no. We don't need him being more annoying than he already is with farting.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message