Worth noting in trivia?
- I suppose it is Noteworthy. Although, my opinion will change little in reality. Ahmad 06:41, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I think we should make note of it: before, all airbenders were air nomads, and as such were pacifists, therefore, it was almost impossible to have a "bad guy" airbender. also, having a "bad guy" airbender has been something of interest among the fans for a while now, so i think it would be noteworthy. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Intelligence4 (wall • contribs) 22:40, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- We don't make it a habit of stating the obvious. As you noted yourself: every Air Nomad was a pacifist, as such "it was almost impossible to have a "bad guy" airbender". Stating that Zaheer is only known bad guy airbender is thus making a redundant observation. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 13:58, July 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't see why after listing him as a professional criminal we would still need to overstate things? It's not like we go out and say every good guy is a really good guy and this spirit is a mischievous one so don't always trust it. If you can't understand their intentions by the text already provided in their opening summaries then maybe more editing (clarification) is needed. Cwluc (wall • contribs) 18:22, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
I get that this guy is dangerous and studied Air Nomad culture while he was imprisoned, but I would be a little bit miffed if they suddenly make him beat Tenzin in their first one on one fight if they have one. What would be the point of studying airbending for all your life with Avatar Aang as your teacher if a guy who suddenly got airbending within a month is better than you? Nameless Wikia contributer (wall • contribs) 19:25, July 10, 2014 (UTC)
- I think it's totally reasonable for a person to be more passionate with intent to overtake someone who is more skilled. Just because you're a Master doesn't mean you know and have experienced everything. Look at Toph do you really think many Masters could hold a candle to her? Cwluc (wall • contribs) 18:22, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
Is Zaheer really an airbending master?
I don't know how I feel about calling Zaheer an airbending master. Yes, he uses airbending to very deadly effect, and he unlocked the ability to fly, but he still nearly got beaten by Tenzin, and has received little to no formal training. This is up to interpretation, but I think it's worth talking about.
Gaang112 01:07, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- He's not an Airbending Master he may had the skill to rivaled it but without the Air Tattoo he's just a skilled Airbender. Someone should ask the creator the question, that way there will be no doubt whether he's a master or not. --Cococrash11 (wall • contribs) 04:47, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- My interpretation of what we have seen is that the Air Nomads (and subsequently the Air Nation) have specific procedures in specifying an airbender as a master, in contrast to the other nations that seem to have a less specific system based primarily or entirely on the skill of the bender. I think then we should perhaps refer to Zaheer as a master airbender rather than an airbender/airbending master. That would cover the fact that he is a very skilled airbender, but not make any assumptions on whether he would truly be considered as an airbending master. HAMMEROFTHOR 10:48, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Maybe we could say something like "master airbender (unofficially)" or something like that, since he hasn't been formally trained in airbending. Gaang112 21:03, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- His lack of formal training is not so important in specifying him as a skilled airbender, which I think is reasonably clear from what we have seen. In terms of him being an actual airbending master, in comparison to the other airbending masters we have seen, I don't think we should make any such note of it being unofficial or otherwise; such a note would only be from our out of universe judgement, not based on an in universe statement. It was never stated that he was considered an airbending master, and thus we should not make any assumptions otherwise. HAMMEROFTHOR 10:20, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
Should it not be noted that he used a glider/staff identical to Aangs book 3 staff (my guess would be it actually is Aangs, seening as it was stolen from Tenzins study, and the only one seen of it's kind) Cosmikaze (wall • contribs) 20:30, September 29, 2014 (UTC)
- If I remember correctly, the glider that Korra used was also similar to Aang's second glider, so I don't think the point is so notable. HAMMEROFTHOR 21:27, September 29, 2014 (UTC)