|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Team Avatar".
This article is currently rated C-class on the Avatar Wiki grading system.
There is another page for this, Gaang. I don't think there should be two pages for essentially the same thing, but I don't know which one we should keep. I'd like to hear some other opinions before adding a "delete" tag.Puragus 19:36, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
There's no need to delete a page, all we have to do is make one a redirect. Personally, I rather have Team Avatar over Gaang, mainly because this is a fan made name, even if it appeared in the TCG. Omnibender 19:45, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Okay, but if we do that, I think we should take information from "Gaang", and incorporate it into this page.Puragus 01:18, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Fine by me. Omnibender 15:38, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
kids from all four nations
Has anyone noticed that by now, Team Avatar has had kids from all four nations? For example, with the permanent kids, Sokka and Katara are from the Water Tribe, Toph and Suki are from the Earth Kingdom, Zuko is from the Fire Nation, and Aang is one of the Air Nomads. It's like the creators are uniting the nations with these kids. Plus, they have a bender from each nation. For example, Katara is a waterbender, Toph is an earthbender, Zuko is a firebender and Aang is an airbender. Cari1994 02:33, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
well they are his teachers,so you kinda have to unite the four to master the 4,witch is what aang is doing,sokkas there as the greatest you can get without being a bender and suki and hadoko are there so he's not lonly(i don't mean that as it sounds just thats how it looks),uniting the 4 in one team,make the 3 almost as powerful as aang,so in creates a balane pokejm32(sighed out)11:30 am 20 17 july
- Plus thats kind of the point, Aang originally had friends from all over too, and its the same for now because they are trying to show what it says in the opening sequence map that the world is divided into four but the one (the Avatar) brings them together felinoel ~ (Talk) 17:25, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
can some one help me
I want to add more Pictures to this page. just the first images from the main charecters
- That picture for Katara is simply terrible, would anyone mind if it gets changed? felinoel ~ (Talk) 17:26, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
momo joined the team sone after they were joined he SHOULD be part of the OLD part Daniel 19:14, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- The group was formed in the first two episodes, and Momo "joined" in the third episode, so technically, he is a "new member". Omnibender 23:49, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
howed ja add the "t" Thing meaning deseased Thallett 00:39, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
I just copy and paste it. Omnibender 01:42, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
Isnt Mai a member of Team Avatar?CoasterKing 17:08, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
I don't think she is, she never traveled around with them as part of the group, her being at Ba Sing Se doesn't feel like "enough" to say she's part of it. But she's definitely an ally. Omnibender 17:38, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
This article is written so...simplistically. "Ally"? "Enemy"? Avatar is an amazing show with such complicated and complex weaves of alliances and defections that it is absolutely impossible to tell the entire history of the series with simply "Allies" and "Enemies". If a short bio about each character and their contributions, or being "enemies" or both to Team Avatar could be created, that would be great.
Plus, although Mai and Ty Lee aren't "enemies" anymore, they once were, and that needs to be mentioned. They defected Azula, but never really helped Team Avatar do anything, so they can't be marked as "Allies" either.
Another note would be the Warden, who was simply acting on Azula and the Fire Lord's selfish motives. He released Mai, (although that may be due to them being relatives), but it has to be noted that he isn't trying to do anything bad to Team Avatar - the only ones he ever targeted was Sokka and Zuko; due to his role as Prison Warden.
There are so many other examples to be said, and I think that this article needs serious refurbishing by somebody who has time and understands the series perfectly. --Misken67 17:25, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
Who you I Think you need to clear the smug outta you face [|
- ...Um, sure. I'll go and...er...smug? In any case, I'd like to say that this list has really formed out greatly. My advice didn't seem to be heeded much, but I still like the result immensely. Good work! --misken67 05:47, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Let's be clear on this: Mai is not a member of Team Avatar. She never traveled with them, she never fought alongside them, she was only ever with them in the final scene in Iroh's tea shop, and she was only there as Zuko's girlfriend. The only time she ever fought for "the good side" was against Azula for Zuko. She's even less of a member than Iroh is, and he's not considered at all. I will temporarily block the next user who adds her. If someone can come up with a truly compelling argument to add her and puts it here, I will change my mind. Puragus 03:26, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
I respect your opinion, but the final tea shop scene was it. The creators wouldn't of put her into that major scene if they didn't want viewers to think that she had been accepted and adopted into the group, as Zuko's Girlfriend or for what she did to save Zuko,Sokka,Suki and Hakoda in The Boiling Rock. Mai should be put in the 'New Members' Category, joined in Sozins Comet:Part 4. You may think she should only be an Ally because she never travelled with them, but Team Avatar have a future and Mais part of it. --Maiko-Is-Forever 05:03, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure, although for the moment I wouldn't think so. 888th Avatar - Talk - Contributions 13:48, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
Well, the team itself formed at the beginning of the show, no matter what they were called, so Toph and Momo would still be considered new members.Puragus 04:26, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- The name wasn't mentioned until quite a while into the series. When Sokka suggested the name, "Team Avatar", should be, IMO, when the group first had a name. Before Sokka suggested it, the group was only, well, a group. This is only my opinion on this. Thanks, RyanCross (talk) 04:37, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
What you're saying is true, but this article is about the group itself. The name is only incidental.Puragus 04:42, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
Would Princess Yue be a Former member? She was always hanging around with Katara in The Siege of the North...She rode on Appa with the gang along the North Pole to find Aang. 22.214.171.124 14:06, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Look, that image was NOT FANART, IT WAS A PROMO POSTER, usually better since it gives full body of characters. I want it back, and it's better to use than the group hug with an Avatar Spirit symbol at the bottom. Anyways, that image was great, because it showed the group in battle, what there meant for. --The Flash!! - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 20:26, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
Why does it matter that it's not from the show? Mostly, promo posters are better. There's no rule against having those, and if there is, that would be ridiculous. --The Flash!! - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 21:30, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
For that particular poster, the artistic style is so different that it's jarring. In my opinion, it stands out against the other images in the site in a really uncomfortable way. But I'll shut up and listen to other opinions. Puragus Talk 21:38, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- I love that image, but I don't think it should be used, for the sake of consistency. It does stand out too much. The 888th Avatar (Talk) 01:06, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, it does. We are different from Wookieepedia. They can have promotional art, because either that is the only way they can get an image in, or because it's a live-action movie, it doesn't really matter. However, this wiki is about an animation. We don't have to use a promotional poster; also, it looks different from a regular screenshot. The 888th Avatar (Talk) 03:58, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know much of other wikis, mainly cause there aren't many wikis I browse at, but just cause others use it doesn't mean we have to. And the reason we use the images of EftSW is because those are pretty much the only images we have on that. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:23, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
Superlash, we've TALKED ABOUT THIS! If you don't like the current screenshot, find a better one! Just don't put up this wildly different artwork, even if it's official promotional material. Puragus Talk 23:21, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Done then. Everybody happy? A "peaceful" picture. If ya don't like it, I can get an artwork that is no different at all from the show (though this had no difference once so ever accept for a bit darker lighting, but other images are like that.) I'll add a history section soon. ~Excelsior, The Flash - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 23:32, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you!! Finally. ~Excelsior, The Flash - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 23:41, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
I like the image, it's of those panoramic compound pictures from violent red right? It looks good, the single thing that irks me is that unnusual size/shape, it makes seeing the image properly troublesome. Is there a non panoramic shot of this? I really like the moment. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:34, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- That's what I feared. If we reduce the size, the distortion is lessened, but the image gets too small to see very well. Anyone else feels like this? Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:59, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- Like....? —Excelsior, The Flash - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 03:41, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
Team Avatar profile pic
I would like to discuss changing the profile pic to this:
It will never happen because..
- That image is not a good main image
- It is already used in the page
- A little harsh there, Long cat. Anyways, we've already decided on this. The current one will stay. Besides, that doesn't even show them fighting, and it's already being used. Thanks anyways. —Excelsior, The Flash - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 23:43, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Only badly produced/overcrowded collages - I only have Jpg files to produce from at the mo, so I can't give 'good examples' - putting it on my to do list. If it is not a 'appreciated' artistically I won't be hurt :). Piandao Talk 09:52, 20 April 2009 (UTC) ey iI I believe it would make a great image. *It shows all main characters * It shows them clearly, even clearer than the original. *IT'S BETTER ALL ROUND!!Avatar Otis 19:42, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
The original one isn't any good. You can't see Zuko's facial features at all. On this picture you can plainly see all the main members, and you know that it's definately Aang because of his tattoos. COME ON! Avatar Otis 19:42, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
You can't see Sokka's face, so you can't have that's a reason. Avatar Otis 19:47, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
Writing in capital letters in considered yelling, so please try not to do that. And the image doesn't show Toph's face, Appa or Momo. Its also being used in the page already, so, no. Vaznock - Talk 19:48, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Avatar Otis, I'm going to have to tell you to calm down. Again, this has already been decided, see above. Look, besides, I personally dislike that image; it's kind of dull and cheesy. This, besides, is better because it shows everybody. Please understand all these opposing points, and don't yell, please. —Excelsior, The Flash - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 19:49, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- By elimination we can say that's Toph looking away. It's not that bad, It's not that good. Best to support your reasoning rather than shout it Avatar Otis. It is more likely to weaken that strengthen your argument. (bad sig day Piandao Talk, 20 April 2009 (UTC))
The actual image shows Iroh and Mai. But they aren't members of the team, only allies. Shoul we change the image? I know there are not an image that shows all the members well; but I think this one is better. thumb|150px
Seeing as there is a whole section dedicated to the fact that Mai is not a member of Team Avatar, I find it quite hilarious that the profile picture of Team Avatar's page has Mai in it. It needs to be changed, or some people are stepping on their own feet --Maiko-Is-Forever 21:57, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Jet not a member
There seems to be a fight going on, and some douche called me a hater just for trying to point ouf facts without considering what I said.
If Jet was a member, then wouldn't Longshot and Smellerbee be listed as members too. Just because someone helps the team for one epiosde, doesn't make them a member. Being a member means being on the team for at lease two consecutive episodes; with the exception of Hawky who Sokka said straight out he was part of the team.
Some could even say Pipsqueak and Bato are members as they were on the ship for a few weeks with Team Avatar when Aang was knocked out (no, I'm not saying list them as members, I'm saying they were with them longer than Jet).
And if Jet is a member, the why list him as an Earth Kingdom ally? Jet was helpful in Lake Loagi just as much as Suki was in Kyoshi Warriors, or Haru in Imprisonment, and yet those two weren't consider allies until they joined in Book 3: Fire. So why should Jet get any special treatment? I suppose next you'll say Iroh and Mai are members just because you see them at the end in Ba Sing Se. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs). This note was added on 04:12, January 23, 2012 (UTC).
- Your edit has not been reverted. You're right, thanks for that clarification. Dcasawaang1 (talk) 14:50, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- You're welcome. I just got a little upset when the one guy called me a hater for no reason, so sorry if I came off too angry. I just wish people would try to talk about things more, not just ingore what some say and put things back up without stating why they think so (I start that Long Shot and Smellerbee were there too, and others don't say why they think Jet is a member, if they said why, at lease that would be something).
- I understand that you got offended. Next time, even if you get offended, please use civil language. :) – 15:00, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
The New Team Avatar
I was just wondering, so when Avatar: Legend of Korra (as it appears in the opening, not The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra; take that James Camera), will there be like a second Team Avatar Page for like Korra, Mako, Bolin, exc? Will it be called something like "Korra's Team Avatar" or something, or will you people wait for someone to say any kind of name for their group, like Sokka saying "Team Avatar" (lol @ Katara for the "it will never catch on" line). Or do you think it will be merged with this page as a second section, like on the Star Wars Wiki where they merged Anakin and Vader into one page. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk)