|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Sokka".
I personally do not like this profile picture. I would prefer one that has brighter lighting and thus shows up his skin color and other personal features better.888th Avatar - Talk - Contributions 15:20, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- There's a few good ones from The Drill that would be good for his thinking personality. The 888th Avatar (Talk) 23:41, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
Yeah. A thinking pose is good. Personally I would choose the one from the Headband where he strokes his beard just after saying, "That does it. No more school for you young man". - Zero - Talk 07:46, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
A thinking pose for his serious side, and a funny one for his goofy side. He is the comedy relief character who makes many of the group's plans, so I think two images showing each side would work well. Puragus Talk 15:01, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Thank you. However, I'm a little bit irritated that everyone else who was part of this discussion made edits, but didn't bother to respond to me, or do this themselves, for a whole day. Puragus Talk 17:31, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Since we've decided that most comics are canon (except for the Deformed Shorts) does anyone mind if I put in the Private Fire info in a section called "Joining the Army" ? —Excelsior, The Flash - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 20:59, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Can you specify the point in time with absolute assurity? If not, then just give a reference link to the page. And before you add info here, maybe you should add it to the Private Fire Page. - Zero - Talk 10:48, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Will do, I have all four issues, it won't take long. I'll study it, and figure out whether or not it takes place after the Headband or Painted Lady. —Excelsior, The Flash - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 20:01, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
You'll have to convince the others as well. But before you add the info to Sokka's Page or the other character page. Make sure you add a synopsis to the comic pages in question. - Zero - Talk 04:37, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, then. You got it! —Excelsior, The Flash - (Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me bay-bay!) 04:43, 7 March 2009 (UTC)'
Order Order - your out of order! The headings are out of sync - change? Pls comment —Preceding unsigned comment added by Piandao (talk • contribs). This note was added on 04:12, January 23, 2012 (UTC).
- I thought the time line was off - but it must be me... old age, sorry Piandao Talk 19:00, 9 May 2009 (UTC)?
How to know Sokka's age? I can't find the reference in animation.
sorry I didn't see the age in Sokka's intro.I just saw Katara's age in her intro.
Is he really the only character?
In the trivia, it says that Sokka is the only character to have a girl from all remaining nations have a crush on him, but Aang has girls from all three remaining nations crushing on him as well (Katara, Meng, and On Ji).Waterbent 18:45, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Some took the White Lotus tile he got from Piandao as an invitation of sorts. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 21:09, May 11, 2010 (UTC)
Okay... I'm a bit new to this Wiki.. but in the middle of the Father-Son reunion section it looks like that bit with the dialogue doesn't belong... it kinda looks like a fanfic o.O I didn't want to get rid of it though in case I was wrong. --InsaneularTalk13:54, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
85 or 84?
Does his history start at 85 ASC or 84 ASC? I'm seeing pages with both numbers. The template in Sokka's page has a red link to 84, and the already made pages and the Sokka pages template list 85. Something also happened with Zuko's page. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:41, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm..that's wierd. I think it's 84, based on his age. I think the Infobox automatically calculates it..-Avatar Talk 19:14, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
Where can you find his necklace?!
...I want it...
- Well thanks, you could explain why my edit was deleted in this handy talk page before doing so, but okay. Astrophelia (talk • contribs) 13:35, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Since when does Sokka have Waterbending potential? Gamehiker (talk • contribs) 03:22, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
It is rightly stated in the trivia. It was claimed that both he had bending potential, and that he did not. The final answer, I say, is he did not, and they had made a mistake (or had a plan for Sokka that they scrapped, maybe?). Whatever the case, the trivia covers the topic saying it was contradicted. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 03:46, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Mostly I'm just curious about where this was mentioned at. - Gamehiker (talk • contribs) 04:54, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- You know, I don't think it's actually sourced, which leads me to believe that it was just an anon who couldn't grasp the fact that Sokka was a non-bender. But then again, I'm against the idea of non-benders being able to bend ever. That is why I added a different point of view (quote from creators on the book). That way, it is a more validated statement, since it's sourced :)
- рrofile · tаlk 23:01, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
I would like to propose a change of Sokka's display image. Now, it is very difficult to find a good shot of Sokka, and in no ways are the following suggestions perfect. They are, however, better, or at least as decent, as his current photograph.
Although Sokka is lighthearted and serves as comedic relief, his photo does not necessarily have to show that full force. All the other characters have professional looking images, and Sokka should have the same.
If you have other images to propose, feel free to add them below :)
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/Sokka.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/Sokka2.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/Sokka3.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/Sokka-2.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/SOOKKKKA.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/SOKKKAA.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/Sokkkkaw.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/SOKKAW.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/SOKKAPLLE.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/Sokkka.png
There are both positive and negative aspects to each image, as there are will all screenshots. However, I do ask that you keep an open mind when voting. I don't propose changes just for the heck of it, I do it in an attempt to make each article better.
So please, if you are here to bash every one of my suggestions, then leave. I have no problem with people opposing. If you feel strongly against changing, then say so, but do not go to such extremities as to question my intentions or break apart each image detail by detail.
Support — (Update: I like the 6th more. 4th is second now)4th one, it has better coloring and I like his expression more than the current pic, which is rather dark too. The other three photos ... just no. In that one he looks too angry; and that doesn't define Sokka, really. I look forward to more opinions on this. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 02:09, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Update again. Oooooh. I like Apple Sokka. xD Is that just me? That witty look just screams Sokka. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 16:10, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
Support — I really like most of them, and would be fine with any of the above as his picture. However things work out, his picture needs to be changed.
- For the 1st one. I really like it because all the images we have of characters, look as if they were posing for it, more or less. I could see Sokka waking up one day, Aang busts in his tent, "Get up Sokka, Picture day!". He's all mad and doesn't want to be there, and thus, his picture would show that.
However, for me, what I like most about the picture, is what I dislike the most. He looks mad and cranky, and it seams like he was just proven wrong.
- For the 2nd one. I like it because he looks cute, and his eyes sparkle. He has a serious expression, along with that sarcastic raised eyebrow.
What I don't like about the picture is it's so dark. He's in a tunnel, and it's too red.
- For the 3rd one. I like it because it would seam like exactly what I said about the first image. "Picture day." It's nice and bright out, and it's more a chest up image.
What I don't like about it is the quality.
- For the 4th one. My second favorite, because he's smiling, it's bright out, and his eyes sparkle with the relief of his victory and safety of his father.
What I don't like about it, is that small OCD triggering issue of an arm his father's placed on his shoulder. If that wasn't there, this would be the perfect picture.
- For the 5th one. Probably my favorite one, because he's in his war clothes. He's smiling, it's a bright day and he's equipped with his sword.
I don't think there is anything I dislike about this image, besides maybe the fact that it's not as close up as I'd like.
- For the 5th one. I really don't think I like this one, at all. If this was chosen to replace his current image, it would show exactly what we're looking to change.
I'm sorry I broke the images down like you asked not to, but hey, I wasn't knockin you or anything like that. You're right, the images provided to chose from are a great improvement to the image for him now. Whatever is chosen will be better, but something needs to be chosen to replace that horrible picture he has now. *~~Ian Bernard~~* 11:48, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
Commenting later, I think I like the 6th photo more than the 4th one. Why? We see more of his face, his hair, his more traditional water tribe outfit, his shoulders.... I like the 4th one I do, it just would have been better if the camera was back just a hair. So, I'm updating my vote to 6th, but second in line is the 4th photo. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 05:37, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
|Image 6 will be Sokka's new profile picture.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Anyone willing to find a photo of Sokka's Statue? It may seem trivial but all the other founders of Republic City have one (with the exeption of Katara so far) JHN13 (wall • contribs) 19:58, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
Ive noticed that certain things on some of the characters' pages, like Sokka's, have seperate articles for things like relationships and seperate biographies for each of the seasons. Why is that?
Also, for character pages, could change the "History" section to "Biography," please? Other wikis do it, and its more accurate, because describing a person's life is more their "biography" than their "history." —Preceding unsigned comment added by SorcererSupreme21 (wall • contribs) 21:54 UTC, February 9, 2014
- What I meant by other wikis doing it is that is seems to be almost a Wikia-wide thing. I mean, like I said in my previous comment, it's more accurate. I'll take your suggestion and post it in the War Room. --SorcererSupreme21 (wall • contribs) 23:06, February 9, 2014 (UTC)
There is alot of speculation about Sokka's death. One of them being the possibilty he was killed by Zaheer before Tomrock defeated him. Just a suggestion but i think it would be a good thing to add.OaK 01:45, November 14, 2014 (UTC)Oakman789