|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Order of the White Lotus".
This article is currently rated Featured on the Avatar Wiki grading system.
Are we sure we want to keep speculation in this page? 184.108.40.206 12:31, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
I'm uncertain of the importance of the Order. What exactly do they do?
Where has it ever been even hinted that Pakku was a member? I don't remember that anywhere in the series. Omnibender 21:18, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- It was probably in the commentary in one of the episodes, they give a lot of stuff in those things, oh well we know for sure now Felinoel 07:43, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
I don't have the DVDs, there's no way I can verify that. Anyway, now that Pakku is a confirmed member, that seems pointless, my worries about that hinting was that it was spoilerish, since the only "hint" I knew there existed was the confirmation in the Sozin's Comet book. Omnibender 16:13, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
They probably shoehorned Pakku in to give the Order a waterbending master, plus to resolve his old story with Kanna. The Order members all have strange personalities and eccentricities however, so Pakku as a White Lotus member is not unusual.User:PhantomS 16:09, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
In "The Old Masters" the notable members of OOTWL show up, and Pakku is there. Maubinlol
I really liked the O.W.L. Flag, I think an image of it needs to be in this article, any others feel the same? Felinoel 07:43, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
It's a nice idea, we just have to make sure it has a good quality. Omnibender 16:13, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- I wish I had the DVDs :/ Felinoel 18:37, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
I just uploaded and added it. Scott 22:27, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
My only concern with the flag position is that if we lower it too much we might cross the Known Member subheading line. Omnibender 00:47, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- It isn't crossing now is it? I was sure I put it so it wasn't, is it crossing for you? Felinoel 03:11, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
When was there any indication that Monk Gyatso might even possibly be a member of the Order of the White Lotus? Lord Momo 04:56, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- When he played Pai Sho with Aang and played with the White Lotus tile Felinoel 05:09, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
Yes but with that, we saw Aang playing Pai Sho, but he did not recieve any message from the OWL, and may have not even known of their exictence
Never mined I see what you meanMutantkingmagneto 03:46, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
So I'm confused, is it the Leader of the organization, or just a higher up member?
--8th Mizukage 03:04, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
Well, as far as I can see, it's a high ranking position, possible the leader, but not a position help by only one person. Fung said Iroh would know many secrets cause he was a grandmaster, and Pakku said Iroh is a Grand Lotus. I think that while Iroh might hold the highest rank in the order, he's not the only one there. Omnibender 16:30, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- But there is a possibility it is not the highest rank Felinoel 01:30, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
True, he's mentioned to be a high ranking member, but he was never mentioned as their leader. Well spotted. Omnibender 22:41, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- Especially since I would imagine that the leader of a secret organization would not be so keen to be seen in public, even amoung friends, if they evenn have a single leader, there might be multiple leaders, Iroh might even be one of those multiple leaders, hopefully they make the new series about Iroh and hopefully it will have more info on this order felinoel ~ (Talk) 23:12, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
We can guess that 'Grand Lotus' is a rank gained by consent of all members on account of wisdom and spirituality, rather than by promotion. The other four masters never say what their own ranks are, especially Bumi who is twice as old as Iroh! The rank could also be simply an indicator of how long one has been a member. Iroh can summon the members of the Order though, which indicates a lot of authority on his part.User:PhantomS 16:15, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
I* think we should make a page for the flower itself, too. As it was mentioned some in the series and even has a group named after it. Anyone mind making that page? Joeyaa 15:33, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
The only reason I don't support this page is because the White Lotus itself, the flower, was never ever seen, or even mentioned, the only references to White Lotus is either the Order or the Pai Sho tile. Omnibender - Talk 16:48, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
Perhaps, but still the tile does show basicly what it looks like, and then it can be inferred that the flower has some importance for some reason. I'm sure it is possible to gather some information about it from various sources. Joeyaa 16:55, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
We've never seen a Sea Raven in the series either, other than on a flag. It's perfectly reasonable to make a page for something we can infer, but have never seen. Puragus - Talk 16:58, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
Okay, so we should make this article then, only one problem; White Lotus redirects here and when you try to make the article White Lotus, it will just show an error. Can one of you admins do it, thanks. Joeyaa 18:05, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- The White Lotus itself does get shown, Avatar Kuruk airbends a little tornado of them to impress some Air Nomad girls felinoel ~ (Talk) 01:25, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
Isn't there a policy of having just one quote at the top of a page? The 888th Avatar 14:45, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
Well, she's been added twice. The first time I removed and now I've uncommented it. Has the show ever suggested or hinted her membership in the OWL? Unless evidence is presented, she'll be removed from the article. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 23:12, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
If she was a member of OWL, I think Iroh would know about it, and arrange a meeting between her and Zuko. He hasn't, and he doesn't seem to know where she is, so...who knows? Puragus Talk 00:48, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Just because it sort of feels like she might be, I assume. It's nothing based on actual evidence. It's not an actual fact, it's "truthiness". (And I think we should remove her, and have a heading in there not to add her, and block anyone who does. Not for an infinite amount of time, but enough time to get the point across). Puragus Talk 00:58, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Well it didn't seem like all the OWL members knew each other at first so its possible that she may be with a part of a group of OWL members didn't get the message sent by Iroh
Iroh, Not a Notable Member???
In the info box it says that the base is unknown, but I would say its mobile because they only camped at Ba Sing Se when needed User:Mutantkingmagneto
- Which means that the base is still unknown. Could you prove that the OWL base moved around...? The 888th Avatar (Talk) 09:11, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- Okay so if the role were reversed, and OWL were liberating the fire nation capitol would they be on the outscerts of Ba Sing Se? Mutantkingmagneto 06:09, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- Point taken Mutantkingmagneto 16:33, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
I broached it on com portal - my bad, hopefully here is acceptable! Apparently it has been discussed somewhere that there is not need for an OWL symbol for the members as there are for bending, nation etc. I can't see why not - if someone has time can they point me to it. I'd like to read through for understanding purposes - FanQ Piandao Talk 12:57, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
I can't see why the community portal was not acceptable, but I'll answer your question here anyway, since you've taken the effort to post. The discussion (warning: it's complicated to follow due to two discussions being found under the same heading) is found at Template talk:Icons#OWL. The 888th Avatar (Talk) 13:10, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
Notes vs Trivia
Connection to the anti nazi resistance group "Weiße Rose" or "White Rose"
In my opinion this relation ist very far-fetched.
There are no significant similarities in important things as:
-organisation of mebmers
-objectives and their realization
-standing of the members
-being chased by ruling powers
As citizen of Germany I would prefer to delete this note, because it's not worthy for a anti nazi resistance group to be compared to a resistance group of a TV-series with no things in common. Dieter Bauer (talk • contribs) 15:09, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with you here. The Order of the White Lotus is probably a connection to the Chinese society and not the anti-Nazi movement of Germany, especially considering the rest of the world it's set in. That said there are some similarities and despite your very valid points, there is still a possibility that the group was named in reference or honor of the German resistance movement that is worth mentioning on the page. I'd like to see what other people think - especially an admin or two. perhaps we can change the wording? MightyBrit has left this comment! (Talk, Read CoD!) 14:47, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
Remember what iro said in the episode the desert to get in the secret flower shop thing?dont you think that should be in this artical
List Iroh in the leaders section
why is Iroh not listed in the leaders section in members section he is listed as grand master and grand lotus and apperars to be the highest up member we saw in TLA he should have a fomally beside his name
220.127.116.11 20:48, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
New Quote O.W.L.
As I can remember, Jeong-jeong said in Sozin's Comet Part 2 that the order seeks wisdom, truth, beauty etc.
- You can propose new quote changes here if you don't believe the current one suffices. Frui (🌹 • 🐝 • 🐝🐝) 13:29, June 28, 2014 (UTC)
Since the red lotus and white lotus are counterparts, if we consider one to be neutral/not neutral, then we should consider the other to be the same. personally, i vote we consider neither of them neutral, and make new colors for their infoboxes. Intelligence4 (wall • contribs) 13:18, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, the Red Lotus is a splinter faction of the OWL, so they aren't opposites. They both serve the world, but in different ways. No new colors are needed. Lucid☆Star 13:25, August 24, 2014 (UTC)
- The neutral coloring is intended to indicate characters or groups that do not affiliate with any one nation (assuming no bending coloring is applicable). Both the White and Red Lotus fit that, so I do not see that the neutral coloring is being incorrectly used. HAMMEROFTHOR 13:29, August 24, 2014 (UTC)