|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Katara".
KATARA'S PROFILE PICTURE
Pros of suggested image:
- Clearer, better quality and deeper coloration.
- Less crowded background, more focus on Katara.
- Highlights her eye and hair color, along with her mother's necklace, a crucial belonging.
- As per above, focuses on Katara's face, and resembles a passport photo more than the current screenshot.
- Most current image possible, from last episode of the finale, as opposed to mid-season finale.
Cons of suggested image:
- Not a direct shot. It should be noted though that the current image is not one either.
- Cuts off a portion of her hair, though this isn't that big of an issue.
Oppose — I'm sorry, but I've said this before: profile pictures should show the entire head and shoulders. They should also have the subject in the middle of the image - observe the other profile pictures, which are available, at a glance, on the main page. Take passport photos as a guideline. There is nothing wrong with the current image - high resolutions are in fact discouraged and images should be reduced to a smaller size where possible to comply with fair use guidelines. I cannot support this. The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:32, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose — I agree, the image doesn't need to be changed, so I see no reason to use the new image. I think the current image captures more of Katara's typical optimism as well as much of her current attire. --I'm The Bos - Talk - Guardian 05:07, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
A definite support. Even has her shoulders in the photo which I think is mandatory? This definitely shows Katara's personality much more than the "a bit off" photo of her current profile pic. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 23:29, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- If you guys want to change the profile pic because you think it's "creepy", at least find another image which doesn't put her head so off-centre. Good pics should have the subject in the middle. The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:35, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
As noted in the con; the current image also isn't an exact centered shot. =/ The trade-off is one side to the other, with a personality-capturing picture of her. And, apparently people aren't following the links we pasted, but still commenting. Argh. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 02:40, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- The current image is much more centred than the one that has been proposed. I also find that the proposed image is far too close-up. Images shouldn't be in-your-face; they should present their entire head (ideally). What people should be doing when proposing changes to images should not be pasting one image, but giving a whole gallery of suggestions. See further above on this very talk page to see what I mean. The 888th Avatar (talk) 02:46, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- As much as i dislike the current 'creepy katara' pic, i had to agree with 888th. It's a little too close up. But I don't see whats the problem with katara's position in the picture (left/right/middle). I'm sure there are a whole lot more suitable picture for katara.AvaFan (talk contribs) 11:18, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
well, I might just be an anonymous Avatar fan, however I can't help but voice my opinion : when I came for the very first to Katara's page, right ahead I was shocked by her profile picture ; I was thinking : "Oh my, she looks so silly !" Truly, this isn't making any justice to the most beautiful of the girls in Avatar. However, I do understand there are some guidelines in adding or taking away pictures, so why can't you guys cooperate and find a pretty picture that suits both sides ?
- -French Froglegs —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs). This note was added on 04:12, January 23, 2012 (UTC).
PS : Yes, I do know that "anonymous" means that you don't put your name
- We have tried exhaustively to find a suitable picture. Even 888 has participated with us personally in attempting to find another one; it is extremely difficult. If we weren't limited to only her blue water tribe outfit but could consider her in her earth kingdom dress, or her fire nation outfit, we'd have one. But finding one of her smiling, alone, and somewhat centered/croppable centered in her blue water tribe outfit is not a simple task, believe it or not. The picture WS found is actually one of the best counter-suggestions to the current profile pic...try as we may to find another one. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 18:28, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
After exhaustive cropping, I could get it to this:
It really is the only option, unless we want:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/KATARA2.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/KATARA3.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/KATARA3-1.png http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/hakuna_matata3713/KATARA4.png
Personally, I like all of them except the one where she looks confused, lol. I just downloaded Piandao's panshot collection, so except a few more later.
- She looks confused in the first and last one, and the second one shows her too angry. The third is at a bad angle. I see no reason to change the image. What's wrong with her current one? Change for the sake of change isn't necessary. --I'm The Bos - Talk - Guardian 22:47, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
Many users find it unflattering, including myself. I'm not proposing a change for the sake of change. I'm proposing it for the sake of making it better.
I say change it. Her current profile pic is slightly blurred and a bit unflattering, but the first picture in the list of substitute pictures is perfect. It's clear, focused and not distorted in any way. The second suggested picture looks weird like she's staring off into space. She looks too angry in the third picture. The fourth one is okay, but not the greatest. She looks sad in the fifth one. I say change it to the first picture.
- The Ultimate Waterbender (talk • contribs) 00:14, December 6, 2010 (UTC)The Ultimate Waterbender
- The current picture should change, the colouring is bad and it is blurred, on top of that it is unflattering. I think cropped picture 1 is the best. Picture 2 is badly coloured and picture 3 makes her look like a villain. Picture 4's colour isn't very good either, and picture 5 isn't great either. So let's settle for cropped picture 1. Will94|talk page 02:02, December 16, 2010 (UTC)
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
|No consensus reached. Katara's image will remain the same.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Real Life Katara
I find Katara really pretty, as many people on the internet.
But is their any person who look VERY similar to Katara?
Where did the writer get the insperation to make a so beautiful caracter
Though a large number of characters were based off real people working on the series, Katara was an original design that Bryan drew up :)
- I do look similar to Katara. I'm not tooting my own horn, I just.......do!! Of course, she's not based off of me (that would be very VERY creepy) so it's more of coincedence.
- ~Pretty Much Katara In Real Life <3 (talk • contribs) 15:58, August 29, 2011 (UTC) <---- :D
Just so that everyone knows, I redirect Sapphire Fire to the main page.
Excuse me, but I'm Kagimizu, who frequents the Sonic News Network and Sonic Fanon Wiki. There are two things I'd like to say. One concerns sharing a bit of possible trivia, and the second is a question.
- 1) Katara shares her name with an Indian weapon. I thought this might perhaps be an interesting bit of trivia to share.
- 2) I notice that this wiki has a unique function: the capability to have both talkpages and blog comments on display for pages. How do you guys do it? This could be some potentially very useful information for other wikis.
Abilities Section Overly-Detailed
Looking at the various pages, Katara's abilities section is rediculously long. It is practically retelling her entire part throughout the serious all over again. If you would give me the okay, I would like to shorten it to highlight the main details, making it more compact and took the point like the abilities section of Korra, Mako, and Amon to just name a few. Steveo920, 20:41, October 15, 2013
- If there is clutter - unneeded words, phrases, things that have already been mentioned - then it's fine to remove it, however there is nothing wrong with detail. FruipyLoops 00:44, October 16, 2013 (UTC)
Katara in the legend of Korra was able to sense that the baby Rohan was going to be a strong and healthy airbender could this be an extension of her ability to heal? —Preceding unsigned comment added by ForeverCharmedP3 (wall • contribs) This note was added on 22:50, October 29, 2013 (UTC).
Should there be, in Katara's "alternative names" infobox section, the alias "Sapphire Fire", followed a (fire nation disguise name) or something? SorcererSupreme21 (wall • contribs) 00:07, August 28, 2014 (UTC)