|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Earth Kingdom".
Someone keeps listing Han Tui and Garsai on the locations list. THEY ARE ALREADY THERE! Read the list! Enough already!22.214.171.124 23:11, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
I would like to see a little bit more on the Government and the Dai Li's corruption. The intro looks pretty good, the culture section looks great. We need some more clean up and expansion on some of the shorter sections. If we can do this, we will have ourselves another Featured Article. Mattkenn3 Talk 22:57, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
I'm a little hesitant about adding too much of the Dai Li corruption, cause it's not something widespread in the Earth Kingdom, it's something that as far as we know it, is limited to Ba Sing Se. Omnibender - Talk 17:53, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
Is it true that the most common eye colour for Earth Kingdom people is green? Just call me AKA 13:17, 18 November 2008 (UTC)Aei-Kae-Aei
I know this is pretty stupid, but if the article is about the Earth Kingdom (its culture, people etc), why does the introduction have a paragraph specifically about the war, which is just one thing that has happened to the Earth Kingdom over its long history? Shouldn't that information be on the article about The War? The 888th Avatar 11:32, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
The War happened mainly in the Earth Kingdom, for a century, the war was what took most of the Kingdom's resources and efforts, they pretty much lived to fight the war, so it should be mentioned, if anything as bad international relations. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 11:51, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- I suppose you're right: you have a point. Thanks for answering my question. The 888th Avatar 11:52, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
It's missing the map of Earth Kingdom Maxsaver 15:19, 1 February 2009 (UTC) Maxsaver
Can I use Iroh's description of the Earth Kingdom from Bitter Work as the quote for this article?
Events of the Red Lotus Insurrection.
Why does this page still have a map of the Earth Kingdom before the URN existed?
The United Republic page now has a map of the land area it currently has, however why does the Earth Kingdom page still have a map with all the lands that ever belong to it? I mean the rest of the page is mostly up-to date with the show as stuff is revealed. -- Jey8000 (wall • contribs) 01:26, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Because we're waiting for the ending of the series to update it. Initially, it was forgotten work, though later it was decided to wait to see what would happen with the Earth Kingdom as to prevent having to color and discolor the map repeatedly every time a new episode it released. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 07:43, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
I feel that the Earth Empire needs its own article like on Wikipedia where different stages of a nation get separate articles. It has a new emblem, which I can't find here in this article. Also the Chinese characters for "Earth Empire" have been revealed in today's episode. And I doubt the Earth Empire is ever going back to "Kingdom". Even if Earth nation becomes a republic, the article's name "Earth Kingdom" will be outdated anyway. So we could keep this article and have a new one for the new age of the Earth nation whatever form of government they adopt. -Darjeeling- (wall • contribs) 15:52, November 7, 2014 (UTC)
- I do not think an article is warranted at this time. Most of what has occurred in relation to the Earth Empire has been through the actions of Kuvira's army, which is noted on that page. That is not much else relevant that has happened, and thus I do not see the need for a separate article for the Empire itself. If in the future we get more information, then a page can be created. HAMMEROFTHOR 21:38, November 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Where do we put the emblem of the Empire and the Chinese characters for the Empire (土帝國)? ---Darjeeling- (wall • contribs) 20:34, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
Earth Empire: System of Government
Hi all. I've just noticed that we need a system of government for the Earth Empire. The Earth Kingdom was ruled as a confederate constitutional monarchy, but the Earth Empire has a different system of government. I have labeled the old system of government as "as Earth Kingdom". My suggestion is that it's now ruled as military dictatorship where Kuvira has absolute power, but only as she has the force to do so (hence dictatorship), and controls the former EK similarly to a military state with a seemingly military-first approach. Any other suggestions? NickM98 (wall • contribs) 09:27, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I'd hold off an any such changes and wait to see what befalls the Earth Empire and the changes it'll ultimately bring to the Earth Kingdom. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 10:36, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
Earth Kingdom: System of Government
I've been doing my research, and based on all that we know about the former Earth Kingdom, I believe that it was not a confederacy, but a federation. See "Differences in Unitary, Confederate and Federal Forms of Government" at http://classroom.synonym.com/differences-unitary-confederate-federal-forms-government-16423.html to see my point in detail, article not written by me.
Basically, in a federation, the overall head of state and overall government grant semi-autonomy and specific powers to other regions within it and can for example negotiate treaties with other nations whilst the other regions do not have the power to do so. In a confederation, the other regions have powers equivalent to independent nations, which the regions of the Earth Kingdom are not (even places such as Zaofu and Omashu as they are still under the extened power of the Earth Monarch). Condederacies are much weaker than federations (which is why in our world for example, the US became a federation).
Therefore, I believe that the Earth Kingdom sysem of government shold change from "Confederate constitutional monarchy" to "Federal constitutional monarchy". Support and thoughts?
- You make a faulty assumption by saying :"In a confederation, the other regions have powers equivalent to independent nations, which the regions of the Earth Kingdom are not (even places such as Zaofu and Omashu as they are still under the extened power of the Earth Monarch)". As far as we know many provinces were de facto independent even before the state of anarchy following the Queen's death. Brightgalrs (wall • contribs) 09:13, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I find it hard to imagine that a true confederation would have descended into anarchy the way the earth kingdom did. Anonymius (wall • contribs) 23:55, December 25, 2014 (UTC)
Earth Empire, Post-Earth Empire
We need to do something similar to what Wikipedia does for the evolution of nation states.
All of these should be separate articles and should have infoboxes that show the previous and next part of the evolution. The non-existent Independent Earth States article should be about what Wu talks about at the end of the series finale, the dissolution of the Earth Kingdom pretty much.
- If you want to separate the articles like that, you need to turn to the War Room and suggest that. Personally, I don't see any reason to divide the article like you suggested, since it can all be covered under the history section. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 13:16, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
Im just called the Post-Earth Empire as Earth Republic as Spolier Alart; Wu Quits as Being Monarch of Nation and Let the State's elected their Leaders models after United Republic of Nations, End of Story.
- I repeat: if you want to separate the articles like that, you need to turn to the War Room and suggest that. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 13:34, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I would like to add that the Earth Empire was not formally recognized by any other leader and there was no official name established for this independent states plan that Wu talked about in the finale, so I don't see any need to change names around beyond the Earth Kingdom. PSUAvatar14 Want to have a word? 13:40, December 19, 2014 (UTC)