|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Azula".
This is what Mike and Bryan said about Azula in Sozin's Comet Book Interview Edit
Mike and Bryan answered a question about Azula in Sozin's Comet Book Interview which can be found on page 63.
Here's what they said:
"Is Azula really evil as she seems? Or is there more to her?
Mike: As all the Avatar characters, even Azula has a softer side, though it's buried very deep. As "The Beach" and " Sozin's Comet " Showed, she has a lot of unresolved issues with her mother. She really feels that her mother did not love her as much as Zuko, and this drives her crazy, literally.
Bryan: There are obviously truly evil people in the world, but in the case of Azula, her repressed emotions and jealousies corroded her spirit and made her become that way. It is possible that she could turned out better in a healthier environment, but growing in a royal family of a nation seeking world domination proved to exacerbate her problems. But Zuko and Katara spared her life and who knows she might have a chance to heal."
Sexual Attraction Speculation Confusion Edit
Anyway, so I have noticed a while back that many people seem to lable Azula as a lesbian, but I don't understand why. Can someone please clarify for me? Is it the fact her close friends are of the female gender? Is it because she is rather masculin character for a female? Is it because she seems awkward around men? I'm not really sure. So what do you think? NightCrimson 19:58 February 2011 (UTC)
- Just fans being weird. No; she's not. She's even tried for a man before and that failed as she doesn't know how to carry a relationship. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 20:00, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh yes, I remember, was his name not Chan, or something of such... that very brief relationship was doomed before they even met! It would have been pretty nice if Azula had a boyfriend, that was kind of similar to her, in my opinion, it would have been like kickarse antognistic Dragon Duo! NightCrimson 20:06 February 2011 (UTC)
- This should all be in a comment. :) Vulmen (talk • contribs) 20:13, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
- So her freinds were girls they had been friends since they were kids their is nothing weird going on so stop with those weird comments they have no proof or even a slightest base to the claim. Valenthyne
Yes Again! Change Infobox Picture? Edit
Anyway, I kind of feel like I'm being annoying for bringing this up again after another user kept doing it, but I really do want Azula's infobox picture to change. I feel the guards behind her kind of mess up the picture. So here are five (very good in my opinion) Azula pictures to choose from:
So anyway just pick which on you like by putting one of the picture numbers in your comment.
Oppose — 888 will be crazy.... Renatabls http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/Renatabls/Zuko_Sprite.gif 22:30, March 1, 2011 (UTC)
Oppose — I like the infobox image Davebrayfbu
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
|Image change proposals may only be done here.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
- If Katara had not managed to revive Aang with spirit water, Azula would have been the first person to have broken the Avatar Cycle.
- Why is that a dumb trivia fact? It is correct. Saying that only one person can break the Avatar Cycle is incorrect, however, since anyone who managed to kill the Avatar while he or she is in the Avatar State can break the Avatar Cycle. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 09:05, October 9, 2014 (UTC)
original name Edit
birth year source Edit
- Unless I'm mistaken, this was not explicitly stated, but rather calculated from other bits of information. Azula's age is known, and from the The Library, it's known which year the series took place, so working backwards, that's what you get. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 18:23, September 19, 2016 (UTC)