|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Avatar: The Last Airbender".
This article is currently rated C-class on the Avatar Wiki grading system.
Anyone have a discussion about this anime?? Macros
Sure. Actually, it's not an anime insofar as "anime" is used to describe animation from Japan. This is American. So, let's get that cleared up. Just because a cartoon is well done on all fronts with realism, martial arts, character design, story and continuity, does not mean it hails from the fair isles of Japan. Avatar was created by Americans (just read the credits and look at those clips of the creators discussing the show), and yes, with all the trashy American made cartoons out there, it is a bit of a pleasant shock, isn't it? Wouldn't it be wonderful if this spurred a new standard of quality animated shows in America?
By the way, the author(s) of this page are to be commended for providing such a thorough study of Avatar: The Last Airbender! Thanks! Arch Angel
Omni says this is a link to the German version of this article? Does that article even exist to be linked to? Felinoel 01:37, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- lol I clicked it, it works, what is that? Is it a seperate wikia from this one? Felinoel 01:38, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
Nope, it's the same Wikia, just in a different language, there can be the same Wikia in as many languages as people are willing to translate. Omnibender 02:17, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Whats with the different logo then? Felinoel 02:20, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
Is there any hint during the series that Aang's planet is Earth (probably a past Earth, or a alternative one), or is it not?--184.108.40.206 23:52, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- There is a definite hint that it is not in the opening sequence when the world's map is shown, they only call it earth because that is the general term for gravel, sand, dirt, rock, and whatnot felinoel ~ (Talk) 17:00, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
When Sozin's Comet arrives, there is confirmation that Aang and company live on a planet, though it's probably not Earth.User:PhantomS 16:52, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
Actually, we had that confirmation in season two finale, when Aang had the vision of his Avatar self, you could clearly see the planet.
In the title of this page, there is suppose to be a space between Avatar: and The last airbender, it shoukld be like this: Avatar: The Last Airbender so an admin needs to move it to that. Thanks Joeyaa 16:07, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
As you can see. No concept (Character, Nation or Bending) appears in all avatar episodes. Check it out, and you will notice is true.
NEW MUST SEE
Italic title of the article
- It is probably achieved through code added to one of the MediaWiki pages, though I wouldn't be able to tell where it is or the specific code that has been added. HAMMEROFTHOR 09:42, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
- The reason I'm asking this is that I'm an admin in the Finnish version of this Wikia and I'm trying to have few more features to be identical with this wikia. Somehow I can't access Commons.js in any Wikia, but I guess DISPLAYTITLE is fair enough for at least a temporary solution. CAJH (wall • contribs) 11:16, August 19, 2015 (UTC)