|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Appa".
This article is currently rated C-class on the Avatar Wiki grading system.
How can Appa have enemies? Hes a Flying Bison? --Maiko-Is-Forever 00:38, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
- He's still a thinking being with feelings, and those all have enemies. 888th Avatar - Talk - Contributions 00:46, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
I would. It seems to me that the Sky Bison (Bisons?) were integrated into Air Nomad culture. Appa wasn't just an animal to Aang, he was his friend, and it seems like all the Air Nomads had similar relationships to their Bison. In flashbacks, it really feels like the Bison are a part of the culture. Puragus Talk 18:34, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well, truthfully speaking, I can't see the same kind of relationship w/ Tenzin and Oogi as Aang and Appa. I think that though sky bisons were a part of their culture, few had such close bonds (mostly avatar animal guides)
- 188.8.131.52 21:01, October 11, 2012 (UTC) Acecat2798
In the episode The Warriors of Kyoshi Sokka says about Appa: "Still, hard to argue with a ten ton magical monster" It was only a supposition, or it is his real weight?
- I want the explanations for how appa is paradox, who wrote this and when? ralok (talk • contribs) 00:10, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
Oh look, another vote.
LOOK AT COMMENTS SECTION
Another reverted, another to discuss.
First image has him in an awkward stance, lighting is terrible and the quality is so-so. Second image has been optimized, he's in a more favorable position and the quality is better. Third is adorable. Just. So. Adorable.
Support — But I also think a third image of his entire face showing would be more favorable...
- I'm looking through Piandao right now. Appa really isn't featured as much in the third book lol
- Water Spout tаlk • blog 20:53, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I like 3 best, good job WS.
I think I found a keeper:
It satisfies, I believe, everything you guys want: full face, full body, 6 legs visible, nice coloration. Thoughts? Let's wrap this up!
Support — Adorable The Crystal Bender- 22:42, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
|Image changed. No comments for 3 days.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
saddle things = airbender symbol
Okay lets try this again, hopefully it wont be taken down this time. http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/atla/107/010.jpg ralok (wall • contribs) 23:56, June 30, 2014 (UTC)
- The flying bison are considered part of the Air Nomads, and thus they are ethnically Air Nomad as stated. HAMMEROFTHOR 13:41, January 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Not every definition specifically mentions it being groups of people, so I feel considering animals in general (since this applies not just to flying bison and the Air Nomads; dragons for instance are stated as ethnically Fire Nation) as part of a particular ethnic group to be acceptable. HAMMEROFTHOR 13:35, January 4, 2015 (UTC)