- This article is about the creature in the Spirit World. For the creature in the Northern Air Temple, see firefly. For the creature in the swamp, see glowfly.
When Aang visited the Spirit World seeking the help of Tui and La to save the Northern Water Tribe, he disturbed a baboon spirit's meditation. A firefly passed by and the spirit suggested that Aang follow it, as it might lead him to what he was looking for. It led Aang to Avatar Roku, who told him about the spirit, Koh.
Months later, while in a coma after Azula's lightning attack, Aang was tasked with catching multiple Spirit World fireflies and placing them in a lantern. Once he completed the task, Roku's animal guide, Fang, appeared and guided him to Avatar Roku.
The Spirit World firefly has large eyes, a wide prothorax, and long thorax with wings spreading back to a luminescent tail. The head is smaller than the rest of the creature's body which has six legs. The tail is capable of producing a light bright enough to encompass the creature's entire body.
- ↑ From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com (link). No longer updated.
- ↑ Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & Filoni, Dave (director). (December 2, 2005). "The Siege of the North, Part 2". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1. Episode 20. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & DiMartino, Michael Dante (director). (December 1, 2006). "The Crossroads of Destiny". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 20. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Escape from the Spirit World, Chapter 1: Avatar Roku.