|"What's going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea maker?"|
|— Pao to Quon.|
Pao was the owner of the Pao Family Tea House in the Lower Ring of Ba Sing Se. He was a courteous man who was protective of his business and appreciated his employees. He valued Iroh's tea making skills and held him in high esteem.
Pao hired Zuko and Iroh to work in his tea shop, stimulating significant growth of his business due to Iroh's remarkable talent for brewing tea. Everything went well until Quon, a higher-class citizen, visited his tea shop after hearing about Iroh's magnificent tea-making skills. When he offered Iroh the opportunity to open his own tea shop and reside in an apartment in the Upper Ring of the city, Pao made every attempt to keep Iroh, including offering numerous job promotions, all to no avail. Excited, Iroh accepted Quon's offer, much to the distress of Pao.
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Book Two: Earth (土)
Book Three: Fire (火)
- 301. "The Awakening" (flashback, no lines)
- Pao ( ) means "to boil" or "bubble", which ties in with his ownership of a tea shop.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hedrick, Tim (writer) & MacMullan, Lauren (director). (November 6, 2006). "Lake Laogai". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 17. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Hedrick, Tim (writer) & MacMullan, Lauren (director). (September 22, 2006). "City of Walls and Secrets". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 14. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (September 21, 2007). "The Awakening". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 1. Nickelodeon.