Nick.com's Avatar Index is a large source of canonical information on the World of Avatar. The index is still hosted on nick.com, but is no longer linked on Nick's Avatar page, nor is it still updated.
The home page of the index is a map, as well as links to information on waterbending, earthbending, firebending, and airbending. On the maps, one can cycle through to maps of Book One: Water, Book Two: Earth, both of which are maps of the Avatar world, or Book Three: Fire, a map solely of the Fire Nation, with Book Three's map being the default.
On each map there are several white dots marking where an episode took place. When hovered over, a pop-up with Aang's face appears that shows the Book number, episode number, and episode name that clicking the button will lead to.
Episode pages Edit
Upon clicking the white button link, a viewer will be shown several different flashes of landscape art, and after a short while a page on the episode. There are several sections written on a bar at the top, and when clicked they will lead to a different entry on the appropriate subject as seen in the episode. On the bottom, there is a bar showing linking to the pages for all other episodes in the book, as listed by the season and episode number.
This is the default entry that is shown when one clicks the link to the episode. When one visits this page, information on the left side occurs, and on the right is a picture of Aang and his staff.
Upon clicking the "characters" section, one sees a slider with the faces of several characters seen in the episode. Upon clicking one of the faces, the full body of that character is seen, as well as their name and a brief description of who they are.
When the "creatures" section is clicked, all creature entries on the page are immediately shown, including an image of the character, their names, and a brief description are shown.
New locations Edit
In the "new locations" section, there are images at the bottom of locations visited in the episode. When one of the images is clicked, a larger version of the picture appears in addition to an entry on that location.
Gear & more Edit
In the "gear & more" section, either objects or other things from the episode will be shown on a slider similar to the one in the "characters" section. The slider is a little larger, however, and the images are the whole object (or otherwise) instead of only a small part of it.
- There is no page for "The Runaway".
- The last two episodes are merged into one page, titled Into the Inferno & Avatar Aang.
- When one tries to read the pages on Water, Fire, or Airbending, they are cut off about halfway through, even though there is still text left. However, earthbending can be fully read.
- Several entries are missing the proper information and instead have undefined written in their place. They also have images that flip back and forth between what they should be, and the image from another entry. The proper information, however, can be found by means of an archive.
- Chapters three through twenty from the first season are on the Book One map but are listed as Earth in their summaries.
- On the page for "The Southern Air Temple", the image of the air temple sanctuary is one of the Earth Kingdom Avatar temple.
- The episode "The King of Omashu" is titled as "Return to Omashu", which is actually a Book Two episode.
- The episode "The Great Divide" is titled as "Bitter Work".
- On the page for "The Blind Bandit", The Gopher and The Gecko are listed under the creatures section.
- On the page for "The Serpent's Pass", the episode's corresponding location is marked as undefined and the image on the link switches between the pass and the waterfall pond.
- On the page for "Appa's Lost Days", the beetle merchants' market is marked as Whaletail Island and the image on the link switches between the market and the Eastern Air Temple.
- On the page for "Lake Laogai", the same picture of the lake is used for Whaletail Island and Lake Laogai.
- Even though there is no page for the "The Runaway", but there is still a link on the home screen for Book Three page and the slider at the bottom for the page.
- On the page for "The Boiling Rock, Part 2", Hakoda's picture is shown on an article about a tough criminal.
- On the page for "The Southern Raiders", instead of a picture of Kya, there is a picture of a Southern Raider. Furthermore, her name is purported as being "Kaya".
- Hawky is incorrectly noted as being in "The Southern Raiders".
- On the page for "Sozin's Comet, Part 4: Avatar Aang", the description for the Liberation of Ba Sing Se states that Iroh and the Order of the White Lotus fought the battle during an eclipse, when it was actually during Sozin's Comet.
- The gear and more section of the entry for "Sozin's Comet, Part 4: Avatar Aang" shows energybending with a photo of Aang firebending. Also, the characters section states that Ursa was born and raised as royalty, which is inconsistent with her given history.