Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Motor vehicles are a form of transportation available in all four nations. Following the end of the Hundred Year War, the World of Avatar advanced to a stage where the mass production of these modes of transportation became possible.
While many forms of motor vehicles were used during the Hundred Year War, proper combustion-powered automobiles were introduced into Republic City sometime between 128 AG and 140 AG. Initially, they possessed much cruder designs, resembling more traditional "horseless carriages" as well as having solid tires. By 171 AG, technological advancements resulted in motor vehicles having more varied, sophisticated, ornate designs.
- Car – Smaller form of automobile widely used in Republic City.
- Moped – A sleek, two-wheeled type of automobile that places the driver's feet at the front.
- Motorcycle – Commonplace in Republic City, they are a similar shape to the moped, though larger in size. Motorcycles used by the Equalists are capable of releasing a smokescreen behind them. After the Anti-bending Revolution, the Republic City Police Force integrated the motorcycle into their patrol units.
- Race car – Type of car built for thrill seekers. They come in yellow and red and exhibit a sleek design, along with a high-powered engine which allows for faster speeds but can nonetheless help maneuver it smoothly around a race track. Race cars have four black wheels located at the very front and back of the vehicle.
- Taxi cab – Provides transportation to citizens who cannot afford cars and offers romantic rides in Avatar Korra Park. With a rectangular design and small wheels, taxi cabs resemble better buses, though the passenger compartments are open to the air and the driver's seat is at the vehicle's upper rear. They are generally green and brown in coloration with yellow or red trimmings for the roof.
- Truck – Larger-sized vehicles driven daily in Republic City. They have a large storage area on their rear, accessed via a door on the very back of the truck, which can be used for transporting supplies. Fire trucks have larger tanks to store water, which is used to put out fires.
- Main article: Satomobile
Satomobiles are cars produced by Future Industries. Hiroshi Sato created the brand after convincing a wealthy banker to invest in the production of automobiles for the common citizen, and his daughter, Asami, later took over as head of the company. The Satomobile popularized the use of gasoline-powered engines, which eventually took prevalence over steam engines due to its practicality in small-scale use.
- Main article: Cabbage Corp
Eager to cash in on the success of Sato's gasoline engine, several other companies began manufacturing automobiles as well. One of these was Cabbage Corp, which soon began marketing the Cabbage Car, a cheap, compact alternative to the Satomobile.
- Motor vehicles are not a new addition to the World of Avatar; during the invasion of the Fire Nation, the mechanist unveiled new war technology, including a truck that supplied bending material to the earthbenders. It should be noted, however, that these vehicles were based more on tank technology, using treads to move instead of tires like the new automobiles.
- They are depicted as CGI renders using the same cell shading methods Avatar: The Last Airbender utilized for the Fire Nation airship and a number of other vehicles, including tanks and sometimes ships.