| This is a page archive.
Please do not add or remove any content from it. (66,454 bytes)
Hey 888! Just wondering, how do the images for the sliders get chosen? Specifically, why did the Great Divide and the TLA Iceberg Scene get chosen? Was there a lack of acceptable panshots? Cause: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 these are just some that I like. Now, they're not anything spectacular, but they are relatively better than the current images.
- I chose them, and Joey cropped them. I was rather rushed, so I just picked the ones that were already being used on the previous main pages (which were also picked by me when I designed them). The Great Divide is there because that's one of Avatar Wiki's iconic images - it's been used somewhere on our wiki for the past two years. (It's a good image because it gives us a sense of scale, and also shows some of the key characters, something most other panshots (like the ones you linked) don't have.)
- A lot of the images you linked are tall, so they can't be used; there are some good ones in there, though. The only one I would really change at the moment is the fanon image - which of the ones you linked that is not tall is your favourite? The 888th Avatar (talk) 04:15, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, that makes sense. Well, fanon tends to have action, and this is a really good and fitting shot for it, I think. :)
- рrofile · tаlk 04:17, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
But there are two thing that i have to ask you:
Do you aprove it?
- Well, you need community approval, not mine. :) I would have to say, however, that the section tags are supposed to be as short as possible, and having a full image and several lines for those tags significant impacts the look of a page. My recommendation is to post on the template's talk page, and see what interested users think. The 888th Avatar (talk) 00:22, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay! But, i'm just saying that because sometimes when i see this template i think it isn't a template, i think it's still the text; you know, it's just to be more like...a template, but no problem ^-^ And i have another question: With pages like The Bos put "This article may not have a place in this wiki. See Avatar Wiki:Votes for Deletion for voting." This is the same of it? - Renatabls - - Legend After Sozin's Comet 00:41, November 12, 2010 (UTC) ,
I have noticed that Azula's page has had the reasonable length template for quite a long time. So, can I make a history pages for her?
- Go ahead. Anyone was free to do the splits of the character articles anyway. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 00:24, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Done may I suggest that a relatives section be added to fpthe character info box instead of having it on the article? It would save room. I also feel top' s page could use some cutting down, maybe we could make history pages for her?Courage the Cowardly User Talk Contributions 01:09, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Check the size of the Toph page - it only needs to be split if its above 60kb. If it is, by all means, go ahead with that as well. :) With the relatives section, it may be redundant with a lot of other links in the infobox already for much the same people, if you know what I mean. The 888th Avatar (talk) 02:48, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Hey 888! Quick question, why are The Twins in combined pages? Shouldn't they be separate like Lo and Li, considering how we know their names and who is who?
- They're together because Nick.com has them together, if I recall correctly, and we follow Nick.com. They're never seen apart, so if we had two separate pages, they'd be essentially duplicates of each other with the names changed. ;) The 888th Avatar (talk) 02:48, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I can split them up if you want. I have images of them separate from each other cropped in my hard drive. I just think it looks odd together, but I don't know.
- рrofile · tаlk 02:58, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Last quesiton for tonight, how do you make an archive?
I rollback'd this anonymous user's edit on the Katara page. He had undone the entire thing and replaced it with the word "STEVE". Apparently he didn't like that, he went to my fanon Eyes of Katara and left me a personal hate comment there. Could you take care of that for me / remove the comment as well? I'd appreciate that...thanks. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 07:02, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
- I checked, and it appears he has already been notified that his edits are not constructive by Courage. I'm not going to delete all his comments. Get back to me if he causes any further trouble. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:07, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Hey 888, you're an admin right? So you can edit my page and talk page right? Could you put an archive there? I try but i can't. :) - Renatabls - - Legend After Sozin's Comet 16:16, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I'm an admin, but you don't need an admin to help you do this. :) Anyway, I've seen that The Bos has already done it, so... The 888th Avatar (talk) 22:04, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Profile pictures (OWL)? Edit
Hey 888! Just wondering, aren't the profile pictures of each character suppose to be up to date?
I find it odd how Pakku and Iroh have images as members of OWL, while Piandao, Jeong and Bumi have outdated images from their first appearances. Was this becaquse no other photos were available, or?
- I think it's because no-one bothered. Feel free to go ahead and find images for them - but they need to be good. ;) The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:24, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
- This is almost certainly a cache problem. Sometimes, the images take a couple of days to update. They will show up eventually, so just upload the Azula picture and begin waiting. Sorry I can't really be of more help. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:12, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
Inappropriate Comments Edit
Hi The 888th Avatar. An anonymous user has been posting inappropriate comments on the page Avatar Legend of Korra. His/her IP adress is 220.127.116.11. I know I'm not in the business of blocking but this nony needs some blockage. 1stAvatar (talk • contribs) 17:57, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Done The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:32, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Would you delete this too? - Renatabls - - Legend After Sozin's Comet 18:49, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
user page Edit
is theere any way you could make a comments section on your user pages? Appa Rocks 05:23, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Would you be able to provide a link? That would help, thanks. The 888th Avatar (talk) 03:06, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, i'llll put The Plan (Legend After Sozin's Comet), thank you 888. - Renatabls - - Legend After Sozin's Comet 15:29, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I used to be an active user, around 3 or 4 months ago, around the time the movie came, that is, before the wiki got its new look! i believe u remember me!
the thing is that this new system of badges, based on which users are ranked, wasnt there around the time i became inactive, now that i am active again, i realise that it does not recognize my previous contributions, although if u go and have a look at my contributions, then u will c that i should have many badges, but this is not the case, it treats me as if i am a new user! Please help me or tell me something about it, i dont want my earlier contributions to go unrecognised! reply ASAP! Bloodbender (talk) 18:39, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Bloodbender. :) Unfortunately, there's very little I can do about this; the software is designed to only award new achievements. Many of our biggest contributors - Omni and I both have over 10,000 edits - are under-represented on the leaderboard. Just don't worry about it. In any case, I think the respect of those around you is much more important than a couple of badges. The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:14, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, thats fine them. i will try getting them all over again! :D Bloodbender (talk) 10:26, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Those are for contributing on a set number of consecutive days. The ones you've linked are for 200 days and 100 days respectively. I'm not sure if anyone on the wiki has gotten them... The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:14, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
I'm a user already... Edit
Hello! I'm not acually a person with no user name. I'm Anr0328. i was blocked a couple of days ago by the admin Joeyaa. he blocked me for "freaking out", but he's nice and said: If I cooled down he would unblock me. I have to email him first. I did a few days ago, but he hasn't responded. I was wondering if your an admin if you can unblock me. For proof, just look on my talk page. I think.... I'm sure if your and admin you can see the block ID. please respond ASSAP! Like now.... Thanks! btw, I can send this because I'm on a different computer with a different IP address. THANKS A MILLION!
GO AANG! 18.104.22.168 19:05, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Hey there. I will talk to Joey soon (it would be kind of rude for me to undo his block) and I hope he will be able to unblock you. The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:14, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
Hey 888! Just a heads up, I am seeing the option to delete articles and comments in the wiki. Last time I checked, article deletion was an admin/bureaucrat exclusive feature, and the rollback users getting comment deletion rights was still being processed. Just wanted to let you know in case it was a mistake!
P.S. Are you still planning on changing the fanon slider to the Yu Yan image? :)
- I've pinged him on Skype about this; it looks like a mistake to me. It's not too serious as long as rollback users don't delete any articles. About the slider - yes, I'm still planning to do that, when I have some time. Sorry about this wait. The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:14, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
Inappropriate Comments 2 Edit
- Most of his stuff looks like it has been deleted. Tell me if you see any more, thanks. The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:14, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
New Korra Episode Title Leaked Edit
Hey there, recently an episode name of Korra has been leaked, so I made a peg for it, here. If it is good enough, could I put it on the canon namespace?
We can't verify leaks until there is official confirmation, so I'm afraid we can't put that on our mainspace yet. Keep it though, it may be confirmed later. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:14, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
Quilled Chameleon Addition? Edit
It's come to Water Spouts attention that an unnamed creature hasn't yet been added to the wiki. He, Vulmen and I have discussed about the name, WS even went to his biology teacher, and we've decided a suitable name for the creature would be, Quilled Chameleon. We chose this name because the chameleon-like creature has what seams to be quills attached to its front legs. We think that it would be a good addition, even though nothing is known about it, it would be a good reference to fanon writers. I know its page would start off small, but we promise that WaterSpout, Vulmen and I will make it the best stub on this wiki, if you allow us to create a page for it. As this is a wiki, we figured we should have everything Avatar on it, including things we don't know much about. Joeyaa has told us we need to figure things to add, to better the wiki, and we think this would be a suitable addition, no matter how small, it would be an improvement non the less. Like I said, we don't want to jump the gun without your permission. So, go or no go for the addition?
- Oops, I forgot to give you a link.
Here ya go!
I made the page this morning, and I think it turned out nicely. ☺ The page has an image of the animal, that Water Spout is going to replace with an image he uploads to the wiki. I would do it, but I don't know the episode it was spotted in, and he does. We'll continue our improvements throughout the day, and hopefully by the end of today it should be a pretty decent page. *~~Ian Bernard~~* 11:58, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, I have been looking at old talks and old user pages for a long time, so I'd just like to know one thing, do you know hey he did any of that???? I cant find a reason anywhere on his talk pages.Courage the Cowardly User Talk Contributions 05:31, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Did you mean why he did any of that? If you did, I'm afraid I don't know. It's a past event that occurred on our wiki that I think is better left unmentioned. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:35, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
Hello The 888th Avatar/Archive 13,
I'm making the badges on the Dutch Avatar Wiki. But I can't find the image you used for "500 images". I hope you can help me (and understand my bad, very bad English). --- Overleg 15:54, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi AvatarTeam. :) The image I used for the 500 images badge is File:FireLordsHall.png. The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:00, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
What Just Happened? Edit
- Yes, rollback users can delete pages, at the moment. It hasn't really been announced. I'm still trying to contact Joey, because I don't know the reason why. Assume, however, for the moment that rollback users are not to delete anything but comments. The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:00, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
- um, I deleted a page marked for deletion and 1 or 2 pages I iddidnt want(they were subpages) is this ok because it was before you said we couldn't or do I have to get punished?Courage the Cowardly User Talk Contributions 09:04, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks. Courage the Cowardly User Talk Contributions 06:25, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
Portuguese Wiki Home Page problem Edit
Hi, 888th Avatar
There is this random contents box in the midle of the page in the portuguese wikia.
See the home page here
Can you help me?
- I've fixed this for you. It just needed a magic word
__NOTOC__to hide the table of contents. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:00, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
- THANK YOU!!!!!SOO MUCH!!!!
Hey 888. I was wondering why i'm not on the rollback list... Was I removed?
- Yeah, just a consequence of there being 11 rollback users, and the list users page showing only 10 at a time by default. ;) The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:00, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Comments Edit
LOL....wow. Never saw them all lined up on a page. coughs. I try to be careful what I delete, don't want to cross the line or be biased in what I remove. :) P.S. maybe I should have left a comment here, but a second-glance over wasn't bad, but I removed a lot of the comments of the last nony that someone had asked you to clean up. I took a gander and took the junk out..lots of "Your mother" stuff all through it. Very immature comments. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 15:48, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
Edit: PS: I'm still having issues with... warnings, etc. No matter what I delete I can't bring myself to feel I can rightly give a warning, same with any un-dos to edits/vandalism etc. I don't like giving those out. :S At most, lately I've just left comments on some talk pages requesting some common sense..lol Vulmen (talk • contribs) 15:50, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
- What you're doing is fine. :) With the warnings, that's your choice. It's actually usually better to type out a polite request to discontinue immature behaviour, but when you're lazy/don't have a lot of time... The 888th Avatar (talk) 11:01, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry I've been semi-unavailable for the past week. If I'm given the rights tomorrow, I should easily be able to find the time to do it. I don't quite understand what the forums have to do with being an administrator on the wiki though. There are plenty of forum moderators on other sites that don't even have an account on the wiki. Oh well. If I'm given the rights tonight, I may even just make the changes tonight. Would it be possible for me to get the rights extended an extra day? I figure there's nothing I can damage in three days that I couldn't damage in three days ;) But hey, we need to draw the line somewhere, Nick Lewis (talk • contribs) 01:59, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Three days is a rough figure, it's just a kind of "do what you need to do" thing. I've given you the rights; ping me or Joey when you're done with them. Thanks. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 11:01, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
Playing with Fire Edit
Yeah, me and courage worked together to try and diffuse a rising situation a little ago. Frankly; I'm concerned. There's quite a number of hate comments seriously coming from the TLA2 page. No, I am not saying just one side. People are being FAR too supportive of "Kill M Night" and other such garbage, or outright slurring those who like the movie. Then the ones who like the movie, are taking far too aggressive a stance against those who do not. The controversy is escalating and they are now bringing in extremely sensitive discussions to the topic at hand; comparing A:TLA & TLA to old testament/new testament, and Shyalaman as the messiah, showing us the way (A:TLA is inferior). No, I am not joking, or putting words in a mouth, I am sorry to say.
Anyway; just saying that things have gotten pretty heated there. I would like to say I've attempted to remain understanding on the topic; but I do lean on the side of A:TLA is better and make that quite clear. So it isn't that I have not taken part in the discussion. However; I don't condone the way things are going and the personal attacks.
What I'm asking is; is there some control to be understood toward this? Atm, my final statement on the topic seems to have ceased the mini-riot. However; I had said something I am unsure I can backup - which is why I am messaging you. I stated if this war continued personally verbally slurring and assaulting one another, drawing in such sensitive topics for argumentative reasoning, that we would have to seriously break in and crack down on everyone (Not just one party) to get this matter resolved, or we will have severe hate and contention among our commenters. Feel free to have a read of the threads on the page I commented in, for example of what has occurred.
- Your comments look good to me. :) If there are specific contributors who just continue to flame - even after reply comments are left on the article - leave them a message/warning on their talk page. If they are still hurling personal attacks after that, then leave a message here and I will block them for a couple of days to stop the disruption. Thanks, The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:12, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
Quotes and Icons Edit
In the portuguese wiki, the links in the quotes are the same colour as the normal links and sometimes you can bearly read them. Also the icons dont apear at the top of the page. Can you help me out? Here is an example with both problems: Ozai
- We had to change some of the stuff for the icons when we changed over to the new look, but I wasn't the guy who did it - that was The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:30, November 22, 2010 (UTC) . Ask him and he should be able to give you instructions. :)
New Templae Edit
Can I make a new temple? Like this:
So users can say they are fans of the fanon they like?
Courage the Cowardly User Talk Contributions 22:35, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Sure, but use better colours, please. ;) Take a look at some of our other templates, and work off them for a good colour scheme. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:30, November 22, 2010 (UTC)
Katara's Necklace Edit
I've done a major overhaul of the article, Katara's Necklace. One thing I changed from what it used to be I made note of on it's talk page. I was wondering if the revamp was enough to get the needs help tag off of it.
I purposefully denoted a few further events that the presence of Katara's necklace played a part in, such as it actually having been an instigator for Zuko to gain Katara's trust, other mother issues. And in Sozin's Comet, where Katara tears up at her father stating her mother would be proud. I added two pictures that I thought captured these highlight necklace elements in the series; ultimately, I'm wondering if the article is anywhere close to getting A-Class article status... :) Vulmen (talk • contribs) 05:22, November 22, 2010 (UTC)
- This looks great to me. :) Whether it attains A-class isn't up to me - there's a panel of users, but they haven't been buzzing for a while. About the talk page post - if there's no big discussion with vastly differing opinions, you don't need to set up a vote. Votes are for when we haven't been able to agree through normal modes of discussion, except for the specifically designated pages dedicated to voting. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:30, November 22, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks; I found the right guys' to ask about that. Sorry about the talk page thing; I took a wild guess that my suggested change of Katara not wearing her mothers' necklace may ruffle feathers. Anyway thanks =] Vulmen (talk • contribs) 15:28, November 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Just create a page as per normal, but use a title such as "User:Rentabls/sandbox" to create a subpage. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:15, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Only users who are already bureaucrats (aside from Wikia personnel) can make new bureaucrats. Just having admin rights isn't enough; bureaucrats are considered a tier higher (in software access) than admins on MediaWiki wikis. The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:15, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
References problem? Edit
Hey 888! I seem to be having trouble with references. I tried to add it to Military ranks in the World of Avatar, but it kept showing an error message in the bottom :/
Do you know why it keeps appearing? If so, could you tell me how to fix it?
<references/>appears to work, so I fixed this for you. The 888th Avatar (talk) 07:59, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, just checked again. It looked fine when I had previewed it, but it was still broken after I had saved. I've fixed it properly this time - it seems that there were some out-of-place reference tags among the categories at the bottom (you need to use the category code view rather than CategorySelect to see this). The 888th Avatar (talk) 14:59, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
The vote not he talk:fire lord page has been going over time, also it is time to close the film:toph candidates election.
- I've taken action on the Toph Candidates vote per my admin responsibilities, but that other discussion doesn't have to concern me. If there is clear consensus on that issue, then any editor can take action and make the relevant changes. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 10:46, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Awesome, I'll change it straight away.
uploading photos Edit
- Hi there. You can upload files at Special:Upload. The software accepts most kinds of images; it's unlikely the file type your image is can't be uploaded. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:11, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
I'm working on a review and gotta ask; when I make the blog should I have commenting ticked off for the simple review, or allow conversing? And gosh I need to figure out this Archive thing for my user talk page. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 17:48, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Keep commenting on. That allow responses to your review, if people are actually annoyed with it. :P I'm going to make a template as well, so that all the reviews can give a rating/verdict.
- The archive thing - you can just move your talk page to a title such as "User talk:Vulmen/Archive 1" and recreate your talk page at the old title. That's what most users here do, but I prefer just creating a page at an archive title and cut/pasting from the talk page, because I like to preserve the entire history of my talk page from when I started here. That's up to you. The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:19, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Answering for 888 here, sorreh. Whack me if you must. =]
- http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Skeleton_in_the_Closet Check there, Ren. This is our info on the wikia. Follow the references. I don't think it was marked as the first episode. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 22:24, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Wow, that was fast. :) Haven't even done my own reviews yet. I'll put it up. The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:48, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
The latest reviews put out for "Sozin's Comet" has me wondering, especially the "Episodes/seasons", are the reviews requested for the series to be covering one per episode, or one per book? Vulmen (talk • contribs) 02:42, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- They are supposed to be one per episode, though I can see some are doing it for several episodes at once, which is okay for series finales. The 888th Avatar (talk) 02:43, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Journey to Ba Sing Se Edit
I had noticed this before but forgot to inquire earlier. Is there a particular reason why "The Serpent's Pass" is not "Journey to Ba Sing Se, Part 1: The Serpent's Pass" and why "The Drill" is not "Journey to Ba Sing Se, Part 2: The Drill"? That is the way they appear in the DVD's (I'm watching that part at the moment, as I'm revamping Longshot's page), and this is the format used by the other multi-part episodes.
- I can't recall exactly, but I think they aired separately rather than together, and the episode articles where created when they originally aired. I'm not sure if this should be changed - the episodes are more widely known by the names they are currently at. The 888th Avatar (talk) 03:54, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Nah, haven't touched it myself. :) On the two episode articles, you can note it in italics at the top (where the notes about "this article is about the episode" is. Do you know how to create redirect pages? The 888th Avatar (talk) 04:11, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Ah I see, and no, I don't know how to make redirect pages ^^;
- рrofile · tаlk 04:14, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- How to make redirects: go to Special:CreatePage, make the title the term you want to redirect, go to source mode and enter
#REDIRECT [[Name of article]], replacing "Name of article" with the article you want to automatically redirect to, and save. Then, whenever someone searches for that term, they will automatically go to the article the redirect points to. I've done this for these two titles. The 888th Avatar (talk) 04:20, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- How to make redirects: go to Special:CreatePage, make the title the term you want to redirect, go to source mode and enter
Doing a review Edit
- I didn't say that. :P Just write reviews on as many episodes as you like, and just notify me when the review is done so I can add them to the lists I'm compiling. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 05:33, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Water Spout posed that - why is "Aunt" in the page title for Aunt Wu? As in, shouldn't it simply be "Wu"? Considering Iroh's page is not "Uncle Iroh." Please see the conversation here...thanks. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 06:46, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, it really should be Wu - unless Nick.com explicitly uses the other title (which we can no longer check, as Avatar has been moved off Nick.com). We avoid using any titles on any page. In any case "Aunt Wu" searches and links now redirect to this title anyway. The 888th Avatar (talk) 07:00, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Hey 888! Just dropped in to say that I'll try to get the logo done by tomorrow, cause I need some shut eye. By the way, I love the new fanon slider :3
Anyways, I recently did a major revamp on Longshot's page, and was wondering whether or not character pages usually included the "See Also" section. Is that just for objects, places and creatures, or for characters as well?
- Great and thanks. :) I saw the edits to Longshot's page, beautiful job on that. With "See Also" sections, there aren't any precedents I know of - if you think there are relevant links to include, then they can by all means be included. The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:12, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Hello. I am new to wiki editing but I really want to contribute to it. I have a problem. I am oblivious to editing and creating pages. Could you help me? I don't know how to add tables, headlines and every other thing related to a nice page creation. I only know how to add images and videos and links.
- Hi - for tables, I suggest reading Help:Table for table help, and Help:Formatting pages for how to format pages (add headings, change text colours, etc.) Those pages should be informative enough - however, if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:37, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Unnamed Fire Avatar Edit
Hey 888! Just wonderingon the Unnamed Fire Avatar page, why does he have an ambiguously canon template? Shouldn't he have an "although this page is based on canonical information, the name is pure conjecture..." template? (Also, check my questions regarding the logo if you havent's please ^^)
Hey 888, don't you think that the Lightning Redirection's page should have the waterbenders icon? Because in Bitter Work, Iroh said that he made that kind of "move" after he studied waterbend. Renatabls 00:12, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Nah, I don't think so. Although the technique is influenced by Waterbending, Waterbenders can't actually redirect lightning - it's still a Firebender's technique. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 00:14, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
Recently i've noticed that most of the sources on the internet says that TLOK is set 70 years after ATLA, not 75. So i was wondering whether its true or not... Is Nick Press reliable anough? Or is there any direct quotes from the creators themselves?AvaFan (talk • contribs) 02:56, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Would you be able to link me to these websites? I'll take a look at them. The 888th Avatar (talk) 04:12, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Sure, avatarspirit forums<-- There's a couple of sites in this. Wikipedia(not sure its reliable enough...), site,site,site,site,Nick Press and so much more.... I still couldn't find the original quote from the creators stating the 70/75 year period. Ours is the only site saying 75 years. Its either we're right, or we're the only one wrong.AvaFan (talk • contribs) 04:57, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- You should consider the fact that all of those came before Andrea Romano's press conference, where she disclosed that the time was set 75 years and that the previous generation was gone. There was never an official quote from the creators confirming the series to be 70 years after A:TLA, nor was it mentioned by any official staff members. It's mention in all those articles are not specifically sourced.
- рrofile · tаlk 05:06, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
It is near the bottom.
Funny. And the link from there also says 70 years. How'd we get 75... Vulmen (talk • contribs) 05:48, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Nvm, that said 75, and it was more recent than the link I went to and got confused from. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 05:56, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, Toonzone is generally reliable, it's the newest out of all these sources, and that's the only actual quote we have from a crew member from all these sources. I'll source it properly on the article. The 888th Avatar (talk) 05:57, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks guys! AvaFan (talk • contribs) 07:28, November 30, 2010 (UTC)