My new fanon, Whispers of War, is currently in it's 2nd chapter, soon to be third, and I have a single editor, DaEpicStorm.
I would like to have another editor, as even a second look can miss things, and sometimes missing things is very, very bad. Thank you for your consideration.
Hmmmmmm well the fire nation seems like a pretty shnazzy place to be in. But the towns in the Earth Kingdom are also quite shnazzy, like Ba Sing Se. I like waterbenders, but the Water Tribe environment is a little cold and deserted for my taste(but the northern water tribe is pretty legit). Sooo yeah that probably wasn't a very informative answer
First of all, let me apologize for the lateness. I only noticed that I was interviewing you today X_X. Here are the questions; I hope you find them satisfying. Please try to answer as soon as possible, as that is what decides when I will be able to publish the interview. Thank you!
Q1: Hello. How are you today?
Q2: Today I will be interviewing you on your story, Avatar: The Legend of the Phoenix. To begin, how did you come up with the idea?
Q3: The Phoenix seems to have this glorious touch. How did you shape the general idea of its existence?*
Q4: Erica, the new Phoenix, may seem pointless, since there is no Avatar. This, however, makes this story quite good. How did you come up with Erica’s personality? Did you use real-life experiences?
Q5: Another interesting concept rotating around Erica is her ability to master two of the four elements, something making her unique. How did you come up with that idea? Did it use real-life experiences?
Q6: Erika, much like the Avatar, has past lives and follows the concept of reincarnation. What shaped that idea?
Q7: Two characters just pop out when you look at your main series page – Yue and Zuko. How did you come up with the idea for them to be a part of the story?
Q8: Erika, too, has a companion/an animal guide, the eelhound, Natsu. Why did you decide on exactly this type of creature?
Q9: Erika’s story looks quite a lot like Hamma’s – she is chased by a Fire Nation general. The reasons, although similar in some ways, are quite different in others. How did you come up with the character General Hazma? Did it involve any real-life experiences?
Q10: This story also seems to include romance – Tokuda’s and Erica’s mutual attraction towards each other. How did you find the perfect combination between characteristics?
E: Thank you for being with us today, Saphira1001! Have a wonderful day!
*This is not talking about Erica but about the Phoenix in general.
Dont worry about it I only put myself down yesterday. Now for the interview:
1) I am doing pretty well today just watched Korra so life is good
2) Well its kinda a long story. But to begin with the story started out years ago, even before the Sozin's Comet episodes aired. However the original idea was much different from what it is now. The original idea was the idea of a second Avatar to be alive during Aangs time, the Avatar was going to be Avatar Roku's daughter (thats how she became an avatar) and have been trapped in a rock avalanche where she stayed for a long time. The plot was that she was freed helped aang stopped Ozai and then married Zuko. This idea was dumped after we learned that Zuko was related to Roku.
So I started thinking of new ideas, then I realized that have a second Avatar was probably done a billon times before but I really wanted the character to master more than one element. So I decided on two and with much more thinking and planing Avatar: The Legend of the Phoenix was born!
3) Well like I said before I wanted a character with two elements but then I decided for there to be a constant element and I thought "Hey why not make it fire." So I did and then I wanted a title for the person and since I originally planned for Erica to be a fire and Airbender I called it the Phoenix. I would say more on why I made the Phoenix the was she is, like why they always look the same, but that would spoil something that is going to happen later on.
4) Hmm well in Erica I wanted a character that could grow and evolve through the series. I didn't want her to be compleatly perfect because people aren't perfect. Well for real life experiences I guess I just know that when you try to do something that is completely opposite to your nature (A Firebender mastering Waterbending) that it wont happen in a day so thats why I have Erica really struggle with learning Waterbending.
5) Well like I said above I wanted my character to have more than one element and not be the avatar. So I went throught the numbers and since to me three is such an overused number I choose two, also because two just seems like a rounder number to me.
6) Well the thing that really shaped that idea was the fact that I wanted to keep writing. I wanted to have a character during Aangs time and during Roku's and then maybe do one about what happened after Avatar (This was before I learned about Korra). Also I liked how Roku acted as a guide for Aang and I wanted that for my character.
7) Well I originally had planned for my character to get together with Zuko and for Mai to jump into a volcano or something. But then I watched the original again and liked Mai so I decided to let her keep Zuko. But I still liked my plan of having her grow up with Zuko and know how cruel Ozai could be. And as for Yue I came up with that idea later, I decided that I wanted to use a character that the readers would already know, one that they could already connect to, and so I choose Yue. Also I thought it would help Erica grow as we all know what happens to Yue. :,(
8) Well origionally I had intended for her companion to be a War Hawk named Victory. But then I realized that it would take her FOREVER to make it to the Northern Water Tribe and also it would be really easy for her enemies (ex Hazma) to capture her. So I looked up Avatar animals (After failing miserably at tryng to invent my own) and eventually I found the eelhound page I remebered it from the series and thought "Yes! This is it." and then I had to name the creature and my thoughts went to the fire nation, which led to the seasons, which led to summer, which led to the Japanese word for summer Natsu. (This was before I met the user Natsu11)
9) Well Im not sure who Hamma is, Im guessing she is a fanon character but anyway, Hazma oh what a guy. So I had most of the story down all I needed was a villain. So I thought, and thought, and thought some more and that thinking spawned Hazma. I wanted a stuck person who thinks he is going on this easy and important mission to get Erica, only to find its not that simple. And if you have read the series the chapter An Enemy is not the last time you will be seeing Hazma. ;) As for real life experiences I guess just that Ive noticed that those in power often Miscalculate something and that ends up severely costing them.
10) Oh Tokuda so sweet, so cute, and so in love. I think that their attraction between them as of right now comes from their friendship and just a regualar attraction. But the thing of it is that if they get into a relationship (and Im not saying they will) they will have some issues to work out because he doesnt know who she is.
EA: Thanks for interviewing me I hope my answers werent too long. :)
I saw the edit you made to the article on the Avatar opening sequence and I was wondering whether it was from an official source. I've seen the opening sequence on another site, but I think it was from a leaked source.