Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The lychee nut is a type of reddish-brown fruit that grows in the Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation, as well as around the Western Air Temple. It can be used to make tea, juice, or put in a trap as bait for small animals.
The lychee nut is also a fruit in the real world, and is native to southeast Asia. It is a nut only in name, as it has a rind covered with blunt spikes that makes it more similar to a berry. It contains inedible seeds separated by white, delicate, grape-like pulp. It would appear that the Avatar World's lychee nut has the same qualities as the real world's, as it is used in juice and tea. This suggests its kinship to berries.
- Katara makes mention of lychee nuts in Love Potion #8, suggesting that breakfast for the day may be "lychee nut surprise".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Eagan, James (writer) & Filoni, Dave (director). (May 6, 2005). "Jet". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1. Episode 10. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Wilgus, Alison (writer), Garagarza, Elsa (artist), Dzioba, Wes (colorist), Comicraft (letterer). "No Benders Allowed" (2009), Nickelodeon Comics Club.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (December 1, 2006). "The Guru". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 19. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Dos Santos, Joaquim, Ryu, Ki Hyun (directors). (April 14, 2012). "A Leaf in the Wind". The Legend of Korra. Season 1. Episode 2. Nickelodeon.