When General Mung suspected the Jang Hui villagers of sabotage following the destruction of the Fire Nation Army factory, he and his forces arrived at the village on jet skis to destroy it in retaliation. While disguised as the Painted Lady, Katara fought the soldiers and destroyed several of their jet skis during the battle, leaving only a few for the terrified assailants to escape on.
Jet skis were also used to patrol the access way to the Fire Nation Capital. When the invasion fleet was halted at the Great Gates of Azulon during the Day of Black Sun, soldiers on jet skis arrived to intercept and investigate the Water Tribe boats.
After the end of the Hundred Year War, jet skis were also used by the Water Tribe. During the Water Tribe Civil War, Desna and Eska chased Avatar Korra on jet skis while she was traveling to the Fire Nation from Republic City. However, the twins were forced to abandon the vehicles after they were destroyed by a waterbending attack from Korra.
This steam-powered water skimmer is perfect for short-range water travel and warfare. Seating two soldiers, it travels at fast speeds and can reach a location via water quite rapidly. The device runs on steam power, as made evident by the boiler and fire box in the back. It has three blades on each side, hidden inside covered slots, and is a fearsome display of the Fire Nation's advanced war arsenal. The jet ski is adapted for quick strikes or sabotage against enemy vessels. The Water Tribe's jet ski, being a more modern machine, is much leaner, and seats only one person.
- Jet skis are similar to real-world coast guard vessels and patrol boats.
- ↑ Hamilton, Joshua (writer) & Spaulding, Ethan (director). (October 5, 2007). "The Painted Lady". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 3. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante (writer) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (November 30, 2007). "The Day of Black Sun, Part 1: The Invasion". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 10. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Hedrick, Tim (writer) & Heck, Colin (director). (October 4, 2013). "Peacekeepers". The Legend of Korra. Season 1. Episode 17. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com (link). No longer updated, encyclopedia now broken though archived here.
- ↑ Avatar: The Last Airbender—The Art of the Animated Series, page 139.