Imbalance is a trilogy of comic books set in the Avatar universe, continuing on from the events of North and South. Unlike its predecessors, Imbalance is written by Faith Erin Hicks with art by Peter Wartman, though they will still be working in collaboration with Avatar co-creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. The first installment was released on December 18, 2018, with the second due on March 26, 2019.
The Imbalance trilogy will include:
Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph return to Earthen Fire Industries—the factory owned by Toph's father—and they find that the once-small town of Cranefish is now booming. Expecting a warm welcome, Aang is surprised when their arrival is met with disinterest and even open hostility. At a business council meeting, the reason for the slight becomes clear: A massive bender versus non-bender conflict has gripped the town's inhabitants and is threatening to turn violent!
- Imbalance will be the first Avatar: The Last Airbender comic trilogy to be written by Faith Erin Hicks and illustrated by Peter Wartman. Prior trilogies were co-written by Gene Luen Yang and illustrated by Gurihiru.
- This is the first comic trilogy to only have one word as its title.
- ↑ Avatar: The Last Airbender-Imbalance Part One. Amazon.com. Retrieved on October 9, 2018.
- ↑ Avatar: The Last Airbender–Imbalance Part Two. PenguinRandomHouse. Retrieved on August 15, 2018.
- ↑ ECCC 2018: DARK HORSE CONTINUES TO EXPAND THE AVATARVERSE WITH NEW TITLES FALL 2018. Dark Horse (2018-02-26). Retrieved on February 27, 2018.