|"It's game time! Who's playing?"|
|— Sokka imploring his friends to play with him.|
"Game Time" is a comic book that takes place in Book Three: Fire, originally released by Nickelodeon Comics Club magazine in November 2008 and later released by Dark Horse Comics in Avatar: The Last Airbender — The Lost Adventures.
While on Ember Island with the rest of Team Avatar, a bored Sokka proposes playing a game of hide-and-seek. Although he easily spots his first few friends, difficulties arise when he looks for the final holdout.
While on the steps of Ozai's beach house at Ember Island, Sokka proposes that he and Team Avatar play a game of hide-and-seek. Despite protest from the rest of the group, Katara, realizing her brother will continue asking until they all agree, coaxes everyone else to join. Once they have run to their hiding places, Sokka stops his counting and quickly finds Momo hiding in a bush, tricking him out of his hiding spot by baiting him with watermelon. The lemur, having been given his treat, helps Sokka discover Aang, who Momo knew would be flying on his glider. This leads Sokka to nickname him "Detective Momo".
He continues looking for his friends by following footprints that he deems to be the exact size of Katara's feet. The path ends at a curiously-formed waterfall which Katara is found to be manipulating. Instead of revealing that he has discovered her, however, Sokka decides it would be more fun to leave her waterbending for a while.
The next person Sokka finds is Zuko, who jumps out suddenly from a bush and scares his pursuer, thinking they were playing "hide-and-shriek". Sokka informs him that the game is hide-and-seek and that Zuko has lost. This revelation causes Zuko to storm off, mumbling, "I really hate games."
Sokka discovers Appa easily from a distance, the bison hiding behind a thin tree, behind which Appa's bulk can easily be seen. With the sun now setting, however, he still has not found Toph and becomes confused at how his detective skills could have failed him. At that moment, Toph yells angrily and bursts out from the earth in which she had buried herself with earthbending, explaining that his feet smelled too bad for her to remain underground any longer. Despite the injuries he sustained from the blast of rocks, Sokka is still happy to know that he has won.
- Main article: Transcript:Game Time
- Sokka is wearing the same detective outfit in this comic that he wore in "Avatar Day", an episode in which he also played the role of detective.
- When Momo and Sokka find Aang, the latter is flying with his original glider, which had been destroyed in "The Awakening".
- Suki is inexplicably absent from this comic despite her presence on Ember Island with the rest of Team Avatar in the series.
- This was one of the first comics to appear in Nickelodeon Comics Club magazine, which was a compilation magazine series that encompassed special releases from series such as Avatar and SpongeBob SquarePants. In Avatar's case, this magazine was the successor to Nick Magazine Presents: Avatar: The Last Airbender. "Game Time" was featured in the first issue of the magazine, but was actually released within the magazine much earlier than the issue's December 2008 periodical marking; it was in stores by at least early November of that year.