This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: War Room → System for Renaming pages|
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
A system for renaming pages was not created.
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Across the wiki, we have many pages using the following template:
| || Well, that's not his name ... but ...
The term "System for Renaming pages" has not been confirmed by official sources.
In other words, when we use that template, which happens rather often, that page could be named virtually anything relevant to the page's content. Many times, I've stumbled across a page with this template, but felt a better name could be given to the page, but had nowehere to propose it but the talk page where, when I placed it there the first time, the suggestion went unnoticed. Therefore, I propose we add some sort of system to the wiki--and I don't know what--that allows for people to propose new names for pages with these templates. I had in mind something similar to PIC and PQC. ANyone else have other suggestions/hopes to brutally shoot down my idea? :P
- I like the idea of making a page similar to the PIC and PQC. The community seems to decide most article changes there, so why not? 05:36, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- We don't generally get article name changes very often. I think the current outlet for this procedure (the War Room) works fine. If something is suggested in the WR, you can be sure that it'll receive at least a decent amount of attention. Axiovatar 06:55, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Perhaps if we created a page such as PIC or PQC, we could also include file name changes and anything else in need of a name change. 07:02, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Per Axio, this is not needed. Page names are not to be changed every five minutes sort of speak. There have only been a few name changes in the time I have been active here, not nearly enough to warrant it's own page in order to change some. As exampled by the PQC, only the PIC page is truly popular and gathers the people's attention. I doubt that a CNP (change name page) would fair any better than the PQC and then the page would be renamed on the shown interest of two or three people -and then it would still have to be approved by an administrator. By keeping those suggestions in the War Room, we are giving it more visibility than it would receive somewhere else. The same goes for every other major thing that would need or warrant a name change. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 07:20, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Less bureaucracy and decentralization! Those are the last things we need. I agree with Axio, the War Room is the best and simplest place to lodge any article name change. It's not like the wiki is inundated with such requests either, so it's all good on forum pages. KettleMeetPot (wall • contribs) 07:45, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
Such a system for renaming pages rusn contrary to the oft-repeated principle that we should never create more bureaucracy than is absolutely necessary. I don't think this is needed either. The 888th Avatar (talk) 07:59, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- While I still like the concept of it, I have to agree with LL, KMP, Axio, and 888. There aren't too many instances where we need to rename a page and a forum can be just as easily brought up. 15:28, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I, too, have to oppose; renaming pages shouldn't be that complicated a process. 15:31, July 24, 2012 (UTC)