This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: War Room → Removing Quotes Pages|
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
Discussion moved to Votes for deletion.
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Although I don't think this will get much support, I am proposing that we remove the quotes pages.
The main purpose is to show some humorous moments from episodes, and occasionally deep and meaningful ones. However, is that really necessary? (Encyclopedically speaking) We already have the transcript pages where the content can be found, so its not like we need the pages for that reason. If someone needed to find the quotes, couldn't they just look on the transcript pages? (Which also tend to be more accurate?)
What is the deciding factor of the quotes that join the page anyways? What some people find funny others may not, same thing with the deep ones. If we were to include what everyone thought, we may as well paste the whole episode on the quotes. What I'm saying is that the quotes pages are subjective rather than objective, also not a good thing to have in an encyclopedia.
- I totally, wholeheartedly agree with you. Funny, I wanted to propose this a few weeks ago, but totally forgot by the time I got home. -.- Anyways, yeah. Down with the quotes. Azulazulazula 01:22, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- And I, wholeheartedly disagree with you. There's something about the quotes that appeals to fans and users on this site. I have been thinking lately about wheather it could get... interesting, especially with Korra quotes, where everyone just adds one they liked, but so far, that has never been an issue. We need to keep them. O.W.L.(My Blog) 17:38, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, it's fine to be on a forum – this is a major decision aiming to remove multiple pages and prevent new ones from being created. The vote for deletion page does not necessarily do that. And I agree with ATFF and A3. It is enough that we have quotes on article pages, as well as transcripts. 21:18, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I absolutely agree with this. In going over and fixing some of them recently, I realized what a pain they really are. In some cases, someone had simply posted (often incorrectly) a five- or ten-minute scene from an episode. I particularly remember deleting most of Iroh's story about Zuko's banishment in "The Storm" from the Quotes (Book One: Water) page, leaving only the beginning part. That led me to wonder "Is this really the most important part of that quote? What determines the importance of a quote, anyways? Copy/pasting half an episode is clearly wrong, but the the rules on what is right are so fuzzy." Having those pages is so subjective and based on opinion, so it's hardly encyclopedic. The comments on those pages, too, hardly contribute any worthwhile discussion. Most of them are people simply repeating their favorite quotes, perhaps with a "LAWL" or "I luv Zuko!" thrown in. That being said, I am in favor of deleting all Quotes pages on the basis of this and what others have already expressed. Monkeyfeathers94 (wall • contribs) 21:39, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
ARG: I contemplated putting it there, but decided to post it here because usually the VfD page is for deleting pages that violate deletion policy, these pages don't. If I was incorrect, though, I can move this thread to there. Truly Ferret 22:43, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, this should be on VfD. And I agree with deleting them per what has been said. ― Thailog 22:47, August 9, 2012 (UTC)