This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: War Room → Limiting the "Relationships" Articles|
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
Relationships articles are only created for main characters.
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
I was browsing through the wiki, and then, I came across this regarding Bumi's relationships (!). Now, I've been seeing a couple of these types pages of popping up for characters that are just not that important in the grand scheme of the series, both in terms of their actions and their appearances in episodes. This type of page is rather redundant for other minor characters, and in the interest of keeping cluttery pages to a minimum (which is the last thing we need), I bring up this proposal.
Now, in the interest of keeping everything clear cut for everyone, I am proposing entering a new policy into the Manual of Style concerning such supporting pages to be limited to Main Characters only - with some changes if necessary in the interest of keeping things as efficient as possible. Needless to say, I don't think pages like "Bumi's relationships" should even exist. KettleMeetPot (wall • contribs) 09:08, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Totally agreed. It is absolutely redundant to have a relationship's page for every character that passed the revue, as in the end, that will just prove to be a duplicate page of the information that is already given on their own character page. We do not need to have pages with maybe 3 or 4 relationships or something. Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 10:35, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- A relationship page should only be created when adding the information onto the article itself would make the article too long (as in the case of Aang, Katara etc.) For someone like Bumi, who has only a few connections, this information can be added directly onto his page. I would be hesitant to say RP's should be for main characters only, as some major characters like Mai or Hiroshi have RP's that are perfectly fine. I'd be more inclined towards judging it case by case rather than creating a policy for what is and is not allowed. HAMMEROFTHOR 12:39, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- A "Bumi's relationships" page is definitely too much. I agree that the character needs to have more relationships with other characters to get a relationship page. 14:44, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
That could also be done. However, if the history section explains the relationships well, it's unneeded. Also, indent up to five times (not seven), and no more than that. Thank you.18:46, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I concur, per above. The list Omni compiled also seems reasonable to me, we don't need relationship articles for those characters. Annawantimes (Talk) 23:50, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think those pages are neccessary either. Most of them are their relationships with main characters, so just put them on that certain character's relationship page, not the other way around. O.W.L.(My Blog) 02:49, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
- I mostly agree with this proposal. The aforementioned articles are unneeded. As for creating a precedent for the future, I don't think it should be for main characters only. I think it has more to do with the depth and quality of their interactions with others relevant to the article than it does their main/minor/supporting character status. --AvatarRokus Ghost (Message me • Read my fanon) 02:53, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
I fully agree with the proposal; I also think we can remove Roku's relationships, and maybe Zhao's relationships. Of course, I wouldn't mind Zhao's staying, but if we are deleting I fell that may be able to go as well. Truly Ferret (a •) 02:55, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
- If we're going to remove Roku's page, we might as well merge it with Avatars' relationships.
- Totes mah gotes agree. Per ARG, though, main characters shouldn't be the only ones with relationship pages; for example, Suki, Ty Lee, Mai, and Yue should all have relationship pages, imo. It really just depends on the amount of relationships they have and the importance they had in the series. If your doctor is sick, then who is healing you? Read. It's good for you. 03:01, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
For characters like Yakone, King Bumi, and others that Omni pointed out (Save for Yue maybe), a relationships article is not very necessary at all. I'm amazed at some of the pages that have cropped up the last week...such as Jet's relationships. It's not very necessary, not adding much at all. Katara and Bolin Fanboy Send me a messenger hawk 20:05, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
I agree there should be a limit on the relationship articles created. As Omnibender said, they should only be created if they take up a certain percentage of a character's page. I do however think you all should let the Bumi's relationship page continue. It does have enough sufficient information.--Darker Dark (wall • contribs) 20:14, July 7, 2012 (UTC)