Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: War Room → Fanon Category|
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
|No new categories will be created.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Hey, folks. As we know, we have Romantic stories category, in Fanon Portal. In rich editor, it's stated that the categories are "Genre (fanon), A to Z (fanon), Fanon title (fanon), Author name (fanon)". So, I would like to propose to use "Adventure stories", "Action stories", etc.; it's help newbie to find stories, it will makes the Fanon Awards has more categories (I mean, we can have "Outstanding Action Series", etc) So, anyone agree? Acer Evan Seek anything about fanon! 11:44, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree, I think we must make more categories for fanon pages, especially genre, because, as we know, Some people dislike shipping, and want easy links to other pages.
- While we are on this topic, though, I propose that we add in shipping categories. What if I want to read a Zutara fanon one day, and cannot find it due to the ambiguity of the titles? So, I agree with Acer, and make my own proposal. Frui (Contribs • Editcount) 12:13, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- I disagree as it is redundant. Nearly all the stories are adventure and action stories by default, so the creation of those categories would solve nothing as they would be incredibly large and be comprised of nearly every story on the wiki. AS a side note, it is rather ridiculous to create a category just to benefit an award ceremony.
- I could perhaps support the creation of such shipping categories, but then again, there are not many stories that feature the original characters and do not have the shipping of the series, and creating a category for a few shippings seems a bit redundant as well. Plus, where do we draw the line? Which shipping gets his own category and from what point on? So for now, I'm against the creation of said articles as there are just not enough stories to fill said categories at this moment. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 15:18, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- There should probably be more genre categories, but none of the ones stated would be very useful. Like Lady said, the adventure and action categories would be redundant. (Also, in terms of the FAs, that'd be essentially the same as Drama - but that's another story). As far as shipping goes, I think it may be as redundant to include all the canon ships as it would be the action categories. There would be a ton of "Kataang" and "Maiko" fanons, for instance. --AvatarRokus Ghost (Message me • Read my fanon) 15:28, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
Firstly, I agree with ARG. Second, I just wanted to say something about the current templates on this part of the fanon portal (Sorry about off-topicness, this forum just reminded me of this).
They need to be fixed; the pages just link to Recent Wiki Activity.Also, the pages are somewhatoutdated.For example, adding under the character creation page a United Republic category in addition to the other nations or something, and maybe an Equalists section (to go with the other adjectives
But, back on topic, I agree with ARG that some extra categories may be created, but not necessarily those ones. And I agree with Lostris that no categories need to be created for the Fanon Awards. Fire Ferret 20:00, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
I agree with ATTF, we should have some categories, but not action and adventure, since every fanon usually has action and adventure. Ex. Mystery, Romance, drama, etc. I think its a great idea. 22:22, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Agree with ARG. Maybe not all categories will be created, only one or two more categories. Acer Evan Seek anything about fanon! 04:28, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
I like to read fanons. I hate writting fanons. But I love reading fanons. :D
I hate reading boring fanons, it would be better to categorize them so people can find their "style(s)" easily. I support the idea. : )
Anr0328 • 9/02/12 19:50 (UTC)