This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: War Room → Bumi (non-bender) or Bumi (United Forces commander) ?|
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
Page will be renamed "Bumi (United Forces commander)".
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
--Koh Koh the face stealer 06:46, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
I like the second one much more but the page doesn't allow for renames.
Why does Bumi's article use the URN color scheme? Shouldn't it be the neutral purple because his nationality isn't United Republic? Just because he is a commander in the United Forces, that doesn't mean he has any affiliation with Republic City or URN. As confirmed by Bryke, the United Forces acts as the world police, much like the United Nations. They are not military of the URN, they serve all the nations of the world. Hence the insignia of all the nations on their battleships.
I think the page should should be Bumi (commander). Odds are, Bumi (non-bender) was only used because they didn't want us to know Bumi was a commander.--Burgundy (wall • contribs) 01:54, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I support the name change. This distinguishes him better. Mts, he is affiliated with the United Republic, they are the URN, yadda yadda, stays as URN colours. A Light Shining in the Darkness - Talk 02:04, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
- We're naming it to be distinct anyways, so might as well be detailed. At the very least, if any character in the future does end up being named Bumi and gains the rank of commander, it won't cause confusion since we've already accounted for it. It's also more consistent since Iroh's article name does include United Forces as well. Water Spout 06:56, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Wikipedia tend to use the shortest but accurate disambiguation term possible, e.g. "film" is used instead of "2012 film" if there is no other film adaptation of "The Hunger Games". So, I am inclined towards "Bumi (commander)". — Hasdi Bravo • 07:59, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I think it should be changed to Bumi (United Forces commander). He sounds much more important that way. Icarlyftw (wall)
- "Bumi (United Forces commander)" works for me. 02:59, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
- "Bumi (United Forces commander)" would place him in line with "Iroh (United Forces commander)", so that would make the most sense. And in order to get this past "quickly" with the "three day, no comment, it has passed"-rule, I suggest that everyone who is in agreement with "Bumi (United Forces commander)" being the new name, just does not comment anymore, as that seems to be the consensus now and will pass if no one comments anymore ;-) Lady Lostris (talk • HotN) 09:24, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I suggest simply "Bumi (commander)" but I'll live with "Bumi (United Forces commander)". — Hasdi Bravo • 13:09, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
So...what do we know about Bumi, could someone list some things? So we know he's a non-bender, He's a commander for the UF, what else...Why is his name Bumi? I was a bit confused, did Aang and Kitara just name him Bumi after King Bumi, the Earth Bender? That's it really, just want an insight...