|More from PSUAvatar14||Adventure/Action/Drama||PG||Mixed||update page|
| You should have seen yourself! It was amazing!
This fanon series is completed, meaning all expected chapters have been released.
Oh, the weather outside is frightful...
18 (Including prologue + epilogue)
22 October 2011 - 11 February 2012
The Weatherbenders is a new story written about two years after the War, in which a subart of the four Bending Arts, believed to have been lost for two and a half millennia, returns to the world, creating disturbing results. It is up to Team Avatar to bring the world out of chaos once again.
One summer day,
while clearly under the influence of drugs, and likely alcohol, either all that or delusional from a 100°F day, the idea came to mind while the author was writing and starting Asami's Story. The author was a meteorology student as his current university, and has been interested in weather since he was a young boy. He gathered the idea of combining the weather with Avatar, and thus came the concept of " ". Then came the story idea, a new uprising against Team Avatar using this art, and also connecting it to the protagonists. Thus, the planning began, and soon came the story.
Twenty-two months have passed since the end of the War, and all seems at peace. The road to recovery continues throughout the world, with Earth King Kuei having returned to power over a year ago, and him returning to control after the Dai Li were banished. Fire Lord Zuko is re-uniting the Fire Nation, and re-construction of the Southern Water Tribe is progressing smoothly.
However, starting in the late summer of 102 AG, bizarre changes in weather patterns begin to be reported worldwide, with severe deviations from average. It is later discovered that a mysterious, ancient bending art has been revived, and Team Avatar figures out it is the art of Weatherbending. Members of the Gaang begin to learn that they are capable of this art, and will have to work together to try and bring down the force which has revived it.
- Avatar Aang -- Current Avatar, only one capable of using all bending arts
- Katara -- Daughter of Southern Tribal chief Hakoda, officially declared Princess of the Southern Water Tribe
- Sokka -- Son of Southern Tribal Chief Hakoda, officially declared Prince of the Southern Water Tribe, and his father's successor
- Toph Bei Fong -- Lone child of the Bei Fong family, teacher of Earthbending
- Zuko -- Current Fire Lord, the ruler of the Fire Nation
- Reeaki -- Comes from a different world under unknown circumstances, Team Avatar's Weatherbending master
- Suki -- The leader of the Kyoshi Warriors, master warrior, still lives on Kyoshi Island
- Mai -- Expert in weaponry, current girlfriend of Fire Lord Zuko, believed to be the eventual Fire Lady
- Ty Lee -- Only Fire Nation native to become part of the Kyoshi Warriors, well-versed in chi blocking
- Avatar Zentai -- Avatar three millennia ago, the first Avatar to learn Weatherbending
- Pokai -- Former Southern Waterbender, first ever mortal to learn Weatherbending, lived three thousand years ago
- Algaion -- Northern Airbender, former head of the Council of Elders, first Airbender to learn Weatherbending, lived in Pokai's and Zentai's time
, a group who rediscovered Weatherbending in 101 AG, they are comprised of:
- Zorro -- A disgruntled Fire Army general, who wishes to restore the world to the state it was in under Ozai and his ancestors
- Kianna -- From the Northern Water Tribe, a disgruntled Waterbender who is jealous of Katara and desires to kill her
- Baktan -- Waterbender also versed in swordsmanship, brother of Kianna's husband
- Ezan -- Zorro's best friend, has similar intentions like Zorro, replaced Reeaki when he deserted the group
rebellion to overthrow Zorro. The main faces are:, a group led by former Zuko advisers who will prepare a
- Tizou -- The former top adviser to Zuko and main leader of the mission, master Firebender
- Bujing -- The most experienced general that made up Zuko's former staff, despite conflicts with him in the past. Also a master Firebender, second in Rebel command
- Azai -- Third in Rebel Army command, mostly a reserved general, still effective
- Prologue: Changing Weather
- Chapter One: Not Your Typical Days
- Chapter Two: Regathering the Team
- Chapter Three: Into the Fire Nation
- Chapter Four: The Masters of Weather
- Chapter Five: The Meteorologists Attack
- Chapter Six: Recovery and Disasters
- Chapter Seven: Searching for Instruction
- Chapter Eight: Reeaki's Arrival
- Chapter Nine: Training
- Chapter Ten: Reverberations
- Chapter Eleven: A Dire Warning
- Chapter Twelve: Can We Hold Together?
- Chapter Thirteen: Last Preparations
- Chapter Fourteen: The Final Showdown, Part 1
- Chapter Fifteen: The Final Showdown, Part 2
- Chapter Sixteen: Survivors of the Conflict
- Epilogue: Moving Forward
Where We Fell For Each Other -- Co-authored with
All shippings from canon (Kataang, Maiko, Sukka) continue into the start of the series. Will they last? What will change within them? It's up to you to see...
"Wow, what a chapter and such a heated battle, too. The description was remarkable and had a very good detail."
"Your writing is excellent, PSU*...the plot looks amazing.I can't wait for more."
"You know how to keep us wanting more, KataraFanboy."
"One of the most unique, original, and clever ideas I've ever seen. I will admit the title and idea threw me off for a bit, but KFB pulls the idea off.
One of the chapters contained one of the longest, most detailed fight scenes I've seen outside of the Guardian finale. I have nothing to say here."
"I'll be honest, at first I wondered how interesting a fanon about weather could be. A few chapters in, however, I realized what I was missing by not reading the story sooner. Weatherbenders is perhaps one of the most creative stories on the wiki."
Mill's Review: 9.4/10
OR's review: 9.4/10
Character Reeaki claimed the best supporting male character in the Third Fanon Awards ceremony.
On 12 June 2012, The Weatherbenders successfully earned the first level of. Again, thank you to all supporters!
Got something to say? Comment on this page or any chapters you read. Feedback is always appreciated, no matter if it's "OMG YOU'RE SUPER AMAZING HAVE MY KIDS!!!" or "YOU'RE THE WORST WRITER TO WALK THE EARTH!!!" or anything in between. ^_^ KataraFanboy Send me a messenger hawk 19:43, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
*This comment was before the breaking of the Penn State sex abuse scandal, when the author decided to change nickname preference from "PSU" to "KataraFanboy", or "KFB".
See this page
For the collective works of the author, go here.
Changing Weather - Not Your Typical Days - Regathering the Team - Into the Fire Nation - The Masters of Weather - The Meteorologists Attack - Recovery and Disasters - Searching for Instruction - Reeaki's Arrival - Training - Reverberations - A Dire Warning - Can We Hold Together? - Last Preparations - The Final Showdown, Part 1 - The Final Showdown, Part 2 - Survivors of the Conflict - Moving Forward
- - - - - -