|More from ATLALOK||Tragedy/Adventure||PG||None yet||No update page|
| || Juji's fine. He comes back to life in the end when the doomsday device shifts the polarity of the Earth. Oops. Spoiler. Sorry.
Warning! This page contains spoilers that point out major plot points! Read at your own discretion, or jump straight to the.
It's 167 BG and a family of four is now a family of three when the man of the house is killed during a battle. After the news is told to the family, it changes the way the family runs, causing siblings Naomi and Wakato to escape from their mother and start a new life outside of Chin Village.
- Naomi - A sweet, beautiful, and fierce 16-year-old girl. She's an earthbender who recently became a master, and shared a close bond with her father. With him being dead now, she has to take on a lot more responsibilities, and as the days go by without her dad being around, the more major decisions get.
- Wakato - Naomi's try hard and immature little brother. He's 13, a nonbender, and wants to learn how to professionally use weapons. Out of the three people left in the family, he's having the easiest time dealing with his father's death.
- Urara - Naomi and Wakato's mother. Up until the death of her husband, she was a caring mother, but without him, she's nothing. Once she learned that he died, something snapped inside her, making her go a little...mentally unstable.
- Takashi - Urara's dead husband and the father of Naomi and Wakato. He was a wonderful, loving person to be around. He was also an earthbender, and taught Naomi everything he knew about it. When he learned that the village he and his family live in were at war with a far more rich town, he left for battle to help earn the rights he and everyone in the village deserves.
- Ryoma Shimabukuro - A 17 year old member of the town of Gaoling. He at first seems a little rough around the edges, but proves to be a really nice guy. So nice, that Naomi starts to fall for him. He's also an earthbender and works at a restaurant for a living.
- Mr. Hayao Shimabukuro - Ryoma's father. He has a high-paying job that has helped him, his wife and Ryoma become one of the richest families in town. He's a nice guy, and he's the source of where Ryoma got his looks, but he can also be uptight.
- Mrs. Ishi Shimabukuro - Ryoma's mother. She's a stay at home wife and mother. She's a very sweet, gentle lady that would never hurt a living soul.
- Madoka - Urara's best friend and the only person Urara seems to show genuine respect to after Takashi dies. She's also a very caring person towards Naomi and Wakato, and agrees to keep an eye on their mother when the siblings decide to leave.
- Eriko - A close friend of Naomi.
- Mr. Masato Beifong - The richest man in Gaoling. He's known for holding the most elegant dinner parties in the city with his family. He invites the Shimabukuro family over for one of these parties (along with Naomi and Wakato) with none of them knowing that they are the only people that were invited this time. Also, he is the great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather of Toph.
- Mrs. Beifong - Masato's wife and mother of two children. She puts highly strict rules on her kids, making their freedom of anything limited and can get easily annoyed. Also, she is the great, great, great, great, great, great, grandmother of Toph.
- The Beifong Kids- Two quiet and restricted children that are the offspring of the richest people in Gaoling. The older one is a boy, younger is a girl. Neither of them are allowed to have any fun and are under strict rules by their mother. The boy is the great, great, great, great, great grandfather of Toph and the girl is the great, great, great, great, great aunt of Toph.
- Avatar Kentaro - The current Avatar. He was born in the Southern Water Tribe, and is still currently trying to master all the elements.
Each of the characters names have a Japanese meaning that goes with their character.
- Naomi - beautiful, pleasant and delightful
- Wakato - Young one
- Ryoma - Dragon and horse
- Urara - Serene and beautiful
- Takashi - Praiseworthy
- Madoka - Circle
- Eriko - Child blessed with logic
- Hayao - Fast man
- Ishi - Rock, stone
- Masato - True man; holy man
- Kentaro - Healthy, plump son
- Daichi - Great wisdom
- Shimabukuro - Island and bag
- Nakabaru - central plain
- Hoshino - Star field
Frupit's Review (January 11, 2015) - http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Fruipit/FRS_-_The_Haunting_Burden,_by_ATLALOK She gave the fanon a score of 6.36
AvatarRokusGhost's Review (May 7, 2015) - http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AvatarRokusGhost/FRS_Review_-_The_Haunting_Burden,_by_ATLALOK He gave the fanon a score of 7.46
For the collective works of the author, go here.