|By AirMasterParker||Part of thecontinuity.|
|"BAH! Piece of cake!"|
|— Tao's favorite sentence|
Tao Shoto Tenba is a non-bending double-swordsman member of Team Avatar and the strongest in the group. He's a member of the Tenba family, a powerful family in the global industry since the last 50 years, known for its technological medical aportations in the Tenba Medical Industries. Although he's considered the smartest and strongest in Team Avatar, even though he's not pretty romantic.
He has a strong character and personality. Sometimes you can see him laughing or mocking everything, but the rest of the time he's pretty serious. Intellectually, he's a genius, but when it comes to social abilities and romanticism, he's completely useless. Hikar says he's annoying. Even though he has that double personality, he's the one with the unique double fencing abilities.
He has been training fencing ever since he was a child when he heard from his mom the stories of The Blue Spirit, wanting to be an amazing swordsman. He can fight with two swords like they are an extension of his arms, making either a spinning peg-top moving over himself or a quick slash with both arms, thanks to the fact that he can move the swords very fast.
He's very strong and at the time of fighting, he's capable of taking down anyone with or without swords, by just a couple kicks and punches. He learned a little bit of chi-blocking thanks to his girlfriend Bultina.
- : Since they were fifteen, they have been in a romantic relationship, often with discussions between them, but when Hikar expressed his real feelings towards her, although he never knew until they broke up, it made the relationship more unstable during the next two years.
- : It was pretty much a rivalry given the fact that he was Bultina's first boyfriend, they always annoyed each other. But in tough moments, they don't doubt to help each other.
- : They have a "bros relationship" between them, and they both go surfing with Hikar, even though Kensi always cheats.
- : They share good times together even though they don't talk much to each other.
- : They don't share much with one another, but Kosen always keeps an eye on him to make sure he doesn't do anything weird with her sister.
- His double-fencing ability is a tribute to Zuko.
- His name is a common Japanese name with an invented surname.
- Tenba 天馬 literally means "Pegasus."
- Originally he was thought to have a darker, poorer background story, but that was later changed in a complete 180.
- He's was originally intended to be a smarter character, but he was misled to have just a social disorder and a more egocentric personality.
- His self-given nickname "The Nutcracker" is a tribute to the famous Spanish comic "Captain Thunder"s character Goliath.
- His personality was somewhat inspired in Deadpool's, although the author hasn't seen the movie yet, he has read some comics and heard his friends.
- With 1,85, 87 kg, and being born before Kensi, he's the tallest, heaviest, and eldest of .
- In the beginning, he was going to have a plantbending brother called Teokan (thanks to the fact they have water and earth in their ethnicity) who would also be in Team Avatar, but the idea was scrapped given there were already too many members in Team Avatar. The name was recycled for his father.
- He was never thought to have a big role other than just being Bultina's boyfriend; however, that changed over the course of the story and the planning of the next books.
For the collective works of the author, go here.